Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 05:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Ten great things that came out of E3 2012

Old   #1
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 0/0/0
Ten great things that came out of E3 2012

The last week has been an overflow of new trailers, gameplay demos, tech demos and more. Nintendo gave us a proper look at the Wii U, including some amazing games for all audiences. Microsoft showed us Halo 4, Smartglass and lots of crappy games due for release on the Kinect. Sony gave us The Last of Us, some looks at Assassin's creed 3 and more. Here's my collection of ten items of importance that came out of this year's E3, which was a little lacking in anything truly new and unique outside of a Nintendo conference. Note that these are in no particular order.

Watch Dogs was Ubisoft's grand finale. After two years in development, we were given this beautiful demonstration on stage. This game is like Grand Theft Auto meets a hacking simulator in a whole new way. Check out the demo video below and see for yourself!

Zombi U is an example of how Nintendo are really branching out to everyone with the Wii U. Reggie Fils-Aime told IGN in an interview that they're going to do their best to meet the needs of both the core gamers and the casual gamers. I'm sure this'll be great news for a lot of us here at e*PvP.

The Last of Us is an action-adventure-survival mashup and looks to inject some extra realism into the industry. This demo flows like a cutscene; the AI is flawless and the interaction looks so fluid, it's almost hard to believe that it's actually gameplay.

Agni's Philosophy is a real-time tech demo from Square Enix, based on a generic Final Fantasy style. This is the future of video game graphics and realism, and my guess is we can expect this to be standard in 5 or so years time. One thing's for sure, I can't wait!

The Unreal Engine 4 is long-anticipated. We've had a few small demos, but no big reveal. Not until today. Earlier, GameTrailers posted this video, along with a full demonstration from a developer, to give us a real look at the Unreal Engine 4.

Pikmin 3 got a lot of Nintendo fans excited, and it really shows the base graphics processing power of the Wii U when a simple game like this just looks amazing.

Assassin's Creed 3 disappointed a lot of people when we heard it was going to be set in the American civil war. After a while, though, people got to understanding the reason behind it, and it all made sense. We were privileged with a few demos this year at E3, and to put it simply: this game looks amazing.

Halo 4 is another addition to another franchise that was shown at this year's E3. I certainly hope next year holds a little more new content, all we seem to get is sequel after prequel after sequel, and frankly it's getting old.

Dead Space 3 is another of these continuing franchises, but it still does look like lots of fun. Co-op, a new setting, more characters, it looks like they really did put some effort into this one.

The Wii U is the first home console of the next generation. More powerful than the Playstation 3 or the Xbox 360 to be sure, but it will probably still be dwarfed in comparison to what Sony and Microsoft show us next time round. Nevertheless, it looks amazing. HD graphics, support for up to two GamePads and up to four Wii Remotes, a great selection of upcoming games and their unique asymmetric gameplay style, all of this and more gives us high hopes for Nintendo's latest piece of innovative hardware.
Attached Thumbnails
Ten great things that came out of E3 2012-e3-2012.jpg  

4 Users
Old   #2
Watch Dogs seems like an ****** AWESOME game!!!
Old   #3
those are just **** where is best game Transformers: Fall of Cybertron?
Old   #4
The Black Market: 2/0/0
The Last of us is the real deal!!
the next generation of Uncharted series
cant wait to play it!!!

Old   #5
The Black Market: 1/0/0
I'm sure AC* will be great
Old   #6
Watch Dogs and The Last of Us made me **** a little =[ AC seems boring now.
Old   #7
The Black Market: 8/0/0
Yes Men very nice ♥