Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 11:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Three new Mario games announced at E3

Discussion on Three new Mario games announced at E3 within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Three new Mario games announced at E3

Today Nintendo unveiled New Super Mario Bros. U. This unveiling put a few rumours to rest by showing that you can, in fact, play with up to 5 players featuring Mario, Luigi, two Toad characters and a fifth player who acts as an assistant with the GamePad. The fifth player can add boxes to help those on screen to complete their tasks in record time.

In the presentation, Nintendo of America's president Reggie Fils-Aime showed us some ingame content, including the ability to connect with other players and see what they thought about different levels and experiences, as well as see their high scores. These real-time social windows open as you play, using the Miiverse to add a new level to gameplay.

We were then graced with a couple minutes of beautiful game footage, and I do in fact have dozens of screenshots available, but I think the actual footage will serve you better than still images. Enjoy!

Nintendo also announced New Super Mario Bros. 2, an upcoming title for the 3DS. This new game is all about gold. It features excessive amounts of gold coins, gold Koopa Troopas and even gold tunnels. We don't have that much information on it as of yet, but come Thursday afternoon we should have a lot more information for you, after Nintendo's coming 3DS online conference on Wednesday night. We do know, however, that this game is due for release on 19th August.

Finally, Nintendo announced a new Paper Mario game for the 3DS. Paper Mario Sticker Star is a 3D Paper Mario adventure where Mario will acquire and use stickers for combat, discovering secrets, or just to help get through the world.

Attached Thumbnails
Three new Mario games announced at E3-nsmbu_22359.nphd.jpg  
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/07/2012, 00:03   #2

elite*gold: 7
Received Thanks: 8,075
Thanks for all the great Nintendo-related news! Keep it up!
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/07/2012, 01:50   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakatoas View Post
Thanks for all the great Nintendo-related news! Keep it up!
You're quite welcome! Keep an eye out tomorrow morning for info on tonight's 3DS conference!
Old 06/07/2012, 11:48   #4

Nice ty

Tags
3ds, e3, mario, nintendo, wii u