Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SOPA 2.0

Discussion on SOPA 2.0 within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
SOPA 2.0

Hello elitepvpers! I guess it's that time of the month when the US congress tries to ruin the Internet. As you all know, the Internet has successfully fought off SOPA, PIPA, ACTA and everything else that they have thrown at us. Well, we have just found out the that the Obama administration is voicing it's support for SOPA.
It seems that the biggest online protest did not make them realize this it is never going to work. We have to stand once more, and defend what has become one of our basic freedoms.
Please take your time and sign this petition. If it reaches the goal of 150,001 votes, it will go straight to the US government - that will be our way to fight.

http://a.fightforthefuture.org/sign/obama-sopa/

Make your voice heard.

Thank you for your time.
Attached Thumbnails
SOPA 2.0-sopa.gif  
Thanks
14 Users
Old 04/06/2012, 20:20   #2

elite*gold: 0
They'll never learn...
Old 04/07/2012, 14:38   #3

No, they never will learn. I for one can not wait until Obama is out of Office.
He has done nothing for the economy, let alone for the relations of other countries. All he has done so far is spend the american tax payers money for family vacations and screw around in the white house now for almost 4 years.
Yay we have the first black president, but i doubt we'll want another one with the way he acted in the white house.
Enough with Obama Raving Though, It hurts Epvp as a community because we've lost most of our work that we've uploaded to sites awhile ago. So as we are mostly back to square one with most of our work, as we all used megaupload or other various uploading sites which were shut down. Personally i think we should all link this page and the Voting page to our social networking sites and maybe signatures as to mass this out more effectively.
Any one agree?
Old 04/07/2012, 16:22   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConArtist View Post
Hello elitepvpers! I guess it's that time of the month when the US congress tries to ruin the Internet. As you all know, the Internet has successfully fought off SOPA, PIPA, ACTA and everything else that they have thrown at us. Well, we have just found out the that the Obama administration is voicing it's support for SOPA.
It seems that the biggest online protest did not make them realize this it is never going to work. We have to stand once more, and defend what has become one of our basic freedoms.
Please take your time and sign this petition. If it reaches the goal of 150,001 votes, it will go straight to the US government - that will be our way to fight.

Make your voice heard.

Thank you for your time.
sigh.
Old 04/07/2012, 19:01   #5

<- voted
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/07/2012, 20:28   #6

elite*gold: 6
<-- voted ;D
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/07/2012, 20:42   #7

The Black Market: 87/0/11
I find this stupid. Why do they even bother.
Next thing you know.. SOPA 3.0
Old 04/08/2012, 07:24   #8

Shared with my Facebook Community.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2012, 21:12   #9

<-- VOTED|| **** SOPA PIPA AND ACTA
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2012, 12:14   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBabelxX View Post
<-- VOTED|| **** SOPA PIPA AND ACTA
obama*
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2012, 14:43   #11

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
No swearing or flaming please. Also, the petition is growing steadily, that's pretty cool.
Old 04/09/2012, 14:53   #12

elite*gold: 1
lmao "sopa" means dumbass in swedish

Voted
Old 04/09/2012, 18:23   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxFearReaperXx View Post
No, they never will learn. I for one can not wait until Obama is out of Office.
He has done nothing for the economy, let alone for the relations of other countries. All he has done so far is spend the american tax payers money for family vacations and screw around in the white house now for almost 4 years.
Yay we have the first black president, but i doubt we'll want another one with the way he acted in the white house.
Enough with Obama Raving Though, It hurts Epvp as a community because we've lost most of our work that we've uploaded to sites awhile ago. So as we are mostly back to square one with most of our work, as we all used megaupload or other various uploading sites which were shut down. Personally i think we should all link this page and the Voting page to our social networking sites and maybe signatures as to mass this out more effectively.
Any one agree?
Raving around? Well are you aware of the situation with the US? Do you even know that the US is feeding themselves on borrowed money? Look at their national debt it's raising from day by day. They are living over their own limits. Obama after all have done much more than a stupid republican would ever do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzEndayZz View Post
lmao "sopa" means dumbass in swedish

Voted
Sopa in swedish means cleaning or "stupid" .

And just a question to all of you in here, do you even know what SOPA means? Or is it just the: OMGGGGG IF SOPA COME I CANT DOWNLOAD GAME ANYMOREEEE DERPDERPDERP

Ofc you can, there's always backdoors for it. But if you think of it, is it really the right thing to do? You would never steal a car for example but you can steal a game. It's basically the same thing.

We are all born brave, trusting and greedy, and most of us remain greedy. - Mignon McLaughlin

It's a sad thing though
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2012, 18:53   #14

<--voted
Old 04/09/2012, 19:57   #15

The Black Market: 87/0/11
This is war, but on the internet. Nobody dies, except the feelings of millions of people