Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 16:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

AirMech starts public tests

Discussion on AirMech starts public tests within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
AirMech starts public tests

Hello my fellow elitepvpers! I know how much you guys love new stuff, so I've got just the thing! Carbon games has just announced that their brand new browser MMO - AirMech is now available for public testing. AirMech is a free browser based MOBA/RTS MMO developed and published by Carbon Games. What makes this game different from every other browser based games, is the fact that it has real time gameplay.
AirMech is probably the first game to mix the chaotic MOBA style gameplay, and the all important aspect of RTS games - strategy.
The basic goal of the game is quite simple, capture bases by leading your troops into them, and destroy your enemy. Although straightforward, the task is easier said than done. Players are only able to control their own character, with little interaction with minions. Your character is capable of ordering your home base to produce units, however it can not control them, only pick them up and drop them off in their desired location, from that point on, minions are on their own.
Another important aspect of the game is the fact that it's a futuristic game (not really sci-fi, possibly ten to twenty years ahead of our time). You pilot a transforming robot that can switch between a flying vehicle that can shoot stuff and pick up your troops, and a huge robot that's main function is to blast through anything it comes into contact by either ranged attacks or melee combat.
You can play the game alone in the singleplayer, join some friendly co-op and team up with your friends in some intense bot fights, or just go all out in a straightforward skirmish-like match.
Graphics wise, the game is quite impressive, using cel-shade graphics, the game looks like it could compete with a lot of client based games. Often enough the battlefield is littered with busted tank pieces, jeeps, and corpses. All I can say about the animations is that their smooth and well timed. To buy some time between respawns, the developers created an animation, how your robot is being rebuilt from pieces. (That if I might add, looks awesome.)
Here are a few screenshots of the game, take a look and tell us what you think!

The game is currently available on the Chrome app sore for free. Just follow the link and give it a go! (right now it only works with google chrome) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...cfoijcpoalfgdn

Thank you for your time, I hope you enjoy the game!
Attached Thumbnails
AirMech starts public tests-untitled-1.gif  
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/23/2012, 02:15   #2

elite*gold: 0
Nice.. i want to try this
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/23/2012, 08:51   #3

elite*gold: 1
Wtf ?! My google chrome wont allow me to access the url!
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/23/2012, 15:37   #4

There was a similar game back in 1996 or 1997.
I mean, it was exactly the same as this one (including graphics)... can't remember its name.
It was even multiplayer.
Old 02/23/2012, 18:04   #5

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
I don't think that games in the 90's had any similar graphics. But you may be right.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/24/2012, 14:49   #6

that game is freaking cool
but so lkow players inside
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/01/2012, 15:01   #7

elite*gold: 9
i wanna try that game ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/10/2012, 23:42   #8

Thumbs up NOTE

Dis what up!!!!!(the game)!!!!NICE GAME!!!!!!!!!