Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 17:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A worldwide protest against ACTA

Discussion on A worldwide protest against ACTA within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
A worldwide protest against ACTA

Hello my fellow elitepvpers! As you may know already, SOPA and PIPA are down for the count, but now a new danger to the internet and free speech arises. ACTA, threatening to censor not only the internet, but everything else as well. ACTA stands for "Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement", this basically means that your internet service provider will have to monitor your actions if you are accused of breaking a trademark agreement. So if you'll post a video, picture, tweet, blog update or anything that can be protected by copyrights, your ISP will have nothing left to do but to punish you, or be accused as accomplices.

Now the users of the internet are making a stand, a massive worldwide protest will take place soon enough, so find the nearest rally point and join the good fight! ACTA Protests Worldwide - Google Maps
Here you see a list of locations, and underneath every one of them, is a facebook link with specific details.

Don't forget to Like this post on Facebook, Google+, Tweet it, and shout in the streets if you have to!

Why fight? Take a look, I think this video explains everything.
If you still have any questions, take a look at this, and you'll get it.
A special thanks goes to PortalDark for this awesome graph, that explains what we're losing if this bill passes.

We here at elitepvpers, usually remain neutral, but it's obvious that this will not lead to anything good, so we encourage you to fight if you can. Don't let future generations suffer censorship because the older generation does not know how the internet works!

Thanks for your time,
TheConArtist
Attached Thumbnails
A worldwide protest against ACTA-acta.gif  
Thanks
17 Users
Old 02/02/2012, 22:00   #2

elite*gold: 0
UK HM goverment offical Petition

With all the petitions on the internet its hard to know where to show your support.

If you live in UK your official government vote petition is found on the direct government website.

i dont want anyone wasting effort on rouge petitions
i hope ive been a help
Old 02/02/2012, 22:02   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,859
Hey,

this is not a petition, this is a url to google maps where events are linked all across europe, all at the 11. february 2012 to demonstrate in tons of cities at the same time, no virtual petition no one can see, this is one step further, this is the step into public
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/03/2012, 00:42   #4
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
hey, i posted that pic before XD

ayway, look this

and this

this have to stop
we dotn want this to happen:
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/03/2012, 07:50   #5

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
Thats why I gave you the credit for it.
Old 02/03/2012, 12:01   #6
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConArtist View Post
Thats why I gave you the credit for it.
I posted, i dodnt make it, but thnx
Old 02/03/2012, 14:08   #7

Another stupid idea ? ACTA ? When will the US stop this things!
Old 02/03/2012, 14:16   #8
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullTreats View Post
Another stupid idea ? ACTA ? When will the US stop this things!
ACTA is not for US but for Europe(ACTA, PIPA, SOPA where meant to be approved at the same time o they can control the entire world)
Old 02/03/2012, 14:48   #9

Let's just lay low and pray for a miracle
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/04/2012, 01:43   #10

Won't need to be a miracle. You think the public? you think WE will allow this? HELL NO this will cause a civil war bad move if the government does this! Sounds like they are trying to turn the united states into another North Korea. But I promise you this there would be an uprising and we do out number our government!
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/04/2012, 07:37   #11

there is no way they can do this. If they do do it, we will fight them together.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/04/2012, 19:23   #12

That's right you can count me in!
Old 02/04/2012, 20:07   #13

Im on ur side, i dont want ACTA Here.
Old 02/05/2012, 06:42   #14

dang...there's no rally point near my country/place.... i wanted to join the rally...even though im only 15 yrs old..... without internet is like a world without people living in it except u.....no free download of games/cheats/software...lets fight ACTA togerther guys
Old 02/05/2012, 06:42   #15

dang...there's no rally point near my country/place.... i wanted to join the rally...even though im only 15 yrs old..... without internet is like a world without people living in it except u.....no free download of games/cheats/software...lets fight ACTA togerther guys

Tags
acta, sopa