Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 01:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Twelve Sky, not yet forgotten

Discussion on Twelve Sky, not yet forgotten within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Twelve Sky, not yet forgotten

It has been well over a year since the closure of Aeria Games’ once flagship title Twelve Sky. Developed in early 2004 by Korean company ALT1, formerly Gigassoft, Twelve Sky was picked up by Aeria Games & Entertainment in 2007 after a brief stint on the international market. This was the only official English version and was licensed in North America with no IP blocks. However, unfortunately, after only a couple of years the game was shut down. The reason for this was a massive flaw found in the game coding, allowing for easy account hijacking and item duplication. Now as much fun as those two exploits were, them eventually leading to the downfall of one of the best games I’ve ever played is certainly regrettable.

Twelve Sky was a simple martial arts MMORPG, based around three warring factions fighting for holy stones and power in the land. As typical as this sounds, it was really fun. The game was very well designed, despite some dodgy coding and many dialogue mistranslations. The three factions differed slightly in equipment and stat point distribution, making each unique and giving great power of individuality to the player, even if most followed the same base builds. Seeing as there were three warring factions, it was mostly PvP based, allowing players to invade enemy factions’ lands right through to their home town. This led to exciting battles and general fun times. Being a Korean MMO, it was a big grinding game. There were 112 levels, followed by 33 master levels, and the levels became increasingly difficult and time consuming as you progressed. Release of newer content in later years helped this, but it was still tough for your average player to hit M33.

So why am I writing this, complaining about the game that closed down so long ago, when there’s the newer, shinier Twelve Sky 2? Well quite frankly, it’s because that game sucks! It’s a shadow of its predecessor; it’s trying to be Twelve Sky and failing badly. They’ve nearly ruined the entire franchise with this game, by just throwing content into endgame without real thought or consideration. This has made the game incredibly top-heavy, you can only really enjoy this game at full endgame, and to achieve this, well, it may say free to play, but it’s pay to win.

Since its closure, Twelve Sky fans have been avidly trying to find some way to play their old favourite again. There was even a campaign to MAYN Interactive, hosting company for the European Twelve Sky 2 server, to host Twelve Sky. They claimed to be awaiting response from ALT1 and said to expect a comment from the company in Q3 2011, which never came. There have been many private server attempts, and many failures. I have yet to see a successful one, no matter how much I’d like to. The community that kept the game fun is still trying to stay together after over a year of game closure, and it’s really nice to see. This game brought people together in a fun environment and didn’t deserve its untimely death. So if you were wondering at the start of this article why I decided to write about a game this long after it being shut down, I hope you can now understand. Long live our passion for this game, and let it one day be resurrected!

Attached Thumbnails
Twelve Sky, not yet forgotten-twelve-sky-feature-thumb.jpg  
Thanks
5 Users
Old 01/13/2012, 08:39   #2

long live TwelveSky i myself attempted a private server i actually succeeded but putting it out there with a 5.01 closed beta version wasnt worth it
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/13/2012, 13:14   #3

Yeah I was more talking about a fully up to date one, it's cool that it's possible but the files just aren't around it'd seem
Old 01/13/2012, 14:04   #4

elite*gold: 4
NOO B
Old 01/13/2012, 18:06   #5

The Black Market: 87/0/11
Worst game I could ever play lol..
It's either you're using the 1 skill every time or the skill animation just looks the same..
It was horrific lol
Old 01/13/2012, 20:44   #6

I did say it was a simple game :P fair enough if you didn't like it, but many did and I believe it deserves some attention for that. The skill of the game was more in how you did your build and not doing annoying nooby things in pvp than actual skill of controls etc. like most pvp heavy games.
Old 01/16/2012, 19:03   #7

ugh hated this game. No skills... all about AP Spending and the game sucked cause u had to keep clicking everywhere.
Old 01/18/2012, 11:57   #8

TS1 will never die hope ps will be done and those all who flame here go play tools i see here a coment like just whole time hiting one boton everywere jsut clicking wtf is wrong with u if u dotn like it fk off no need to flame and its bether then milions other mmorpgs cuz i know what ppl u are ppl wich got it to lvl 100 and couldnt grind more and then didnt knew what to say and then this get to m33 and then come play it ull see wats fun ts1 is a game were is pvp 1st lvling2nd and farming 3rd or farming and lvling are on same place if u would ever get high lvl u would know what it means to play ts1 pvping whole day and not like on other games farming whole day and lvling ofc here u need to get money and high lvl for me that aint boring on ts1 but for some is and i can uderstand that and that idiot who said it all abouth AP spending man go take a gun and jump from a bridge u played ts2 not ts1 u idiot ts1 is not AP based game mother faka ts2 is now peace out. bro keep it up i like it )) hope one time reunion will hape of ts1
Old 01/19/2012, 01:47   #9

Well
Old 03/21/2012, 04:25   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo8u123 View Post
long live TwelveSky i myself attempted a private server i actually succeeded but putting it out there with a 5.01 closed beta version wasnt worth it
Any possibility in allowing people to try it out anyway? Totally agree 150% that 12sky2 is horrible in comparison to the point i would rather trade in my g12 for a lvl 1 account in ts1 on korean server. i would just love to have a chance to play the game again.
Old 04/02/2012, 12:13   #11

I think TS2 is a very bad game
I played it for long time and understood very very bad
Old 04/11/2012, 16:32   #12

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
A friend actually told me about this game a week ago. I never thought about playing it but the way he described it was interesting.

It's always sad to see free2play mmos being shut down.

Tags
aeria games, martial arts mmorpg, mayn, twelve sky