Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 13:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Activision Blizzard sues Bossland

Discussion on Activision Blizzard sues Bossland within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1
Administrator

elite*gold: 41364
Received Thanks: 12,623
Activision Blizzard sues Bossland

Activison Blizzard, publisher of MMO WoW, recently had an action brought against Bossland GmbH. As you may expect, it was of course filed with the Regional Court of Hamburg which we all remember for the case elitepvpers Vs. Frogster.

But what led to this lawsuit?

This is easily explained: Bossland is Germany’s largest bot seller. They distribute both Honor- and Gatherbuddy for WoW.
Bots have always been a thorn in Blizzard’s side, because according to them, bots do not account for fairness in the game. By using a bot, the character is able to move and kill monsters autonomously, so that the actual player can carry on other activities and is not required to sit at the computer.

Bossland was contacted 3 weeks ago and Blizzard proposed a settlement according to which Bossland was to cease sales of their popular bots. Bossland strictly declined this proposal.
Quote:
We feel that our bots are not illegal, because they are only able to perform actions that an actual player could either.
This is the view of Bossland’s executive manager. His following quote makes an amicable arrangement definitely inconceivable:
Quote:
As this is going to be a fundamental decision that will be groundbreaking for the whole gaming sector of the European Union, we will defend our rights in court.
Countless bot users certainly keep their fingers crossed for Bossland, in hope of a positive outcome.

The real complaint has not yet arrived at Bossland’s attorney’s office, but as soon as it does, an extensive statement is expected on the part of Bossland.

And even though one could draw conclusions from the case elitepvpers Vs. Frogster, the outcome of this lawsuit still remains to be seen.

Source: Activision Blizzard verklagt Bossland by Casual'
Attached Thumbnails
Activision Blizzard sues Bossland-blizzard.jpg  
Thanks
10 Users
Old 07/19/2011, 20:47   #2

elite*gold: 0
the mther fkers are simply jelly couse they need to pay a life for being someone on their game and botters are just smart guys who go over them and that make them MAD...they MAD for sure

and wanna take advantage of that ownage taking money from smart bot seller ppl
Old 07/19/2011, 21:03   #3

elite*gold: 225
The Black Market: 133/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,564
Nice Translation.

It's a bad story, even in English. :/
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/19/2011, 22:44   #4

vans123 ...... no comment )
Old 07/19/2011, 23:37   #5

Their statement would be true for macros, AutoIT scripts or anything, if the bot is written in any other way it`s against the TOS, doesn`t it?
Old 07/20/2011, 01:25   #6

Received Thanks: 1,003
If a user uses it it is covered in blizards TOS. So taking the producing/pulbishing company to court is a waste of time as its up to blizard to enforce it on their customers. If bots are illegal then so are automization programs that say auto post to facebook and twitter at the same time or download email for you because you could use telnet to check your email or drive a car for you.. that too would be illegal. oh noes..

So either they will win or they will lose because of a dumb judge and that blizard have more money.

Not to mention if the bot software or their site has the words WoW on it which is a registered trademark and they are proven to be using that to make profit they are in the wrong for that. If anything the site will have to be taken down untill all words of WoW are replaced with something else and there are no images of the game or logos :P.
Old 07/20/2011, 05:22   #7

OWNED lol
Old 07/20/2011, 06:37   #8

elite*gold: 5
Facepalm.png to elitepvpers and now to blizzard aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by vans123 View Post
the mther fkers are simply jelly couse they need to pay a life for being someone on their game and botters are just smart guys who go over them and that make them MAD...they MAD for sure

and wanna take advantage of that ownage taking money from smart bot seller ppl
You know what a WoW *** is? A fat dumbass whos sitting all day in front of the PC, playing world of warcraft.

You know what a WoW Botter is? The laziest, fatest and dumbest piece of **** who doesnt event want to work for his gold and items.

As frogster sued elitepvpers for offering bots and other cheats, blizzard also has the right to sue bossland for the same thing. It doesnt care if community members or admins make these bots, it only does care where these programs get published. in that case, it was right from frogster to sue elitepvpers, and now it is right from blizzards side, to get bosslands ***** out of thiese webs.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/20/2011, 11:19   #9

atlest blizzard is trying to get rid of bots unlike some companys *cought* silkroad *cought*
Old 07/22/2011, 03:14   #10

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxi View Post
Facepalm.png to elitepvpers and now to blizzard aswell

You know what a WoW *** is? A fat dumbass whos sitting all day in front of the PC, playing world of warcraft.

You know what a WoW Botter is? The laziest, fatest and dumbest piece of **** who doesnt event want to work for his gold and items.

As frogster sued elitepvpers for offering bots and other cheats, blizzard also has the right to sue bossland for the same thing. It doesnt care if community members or admins make these bots, it only does care where these programs get published. in that case, it was right from frogster to sue elitepvpers, and now it is right from blizzards side, to get bosslands ***** out of thiese webs.
You seem to base your whole argumentation on that decision the court in Hamburg made. Unfortunately the judicial system in Germany has some weird regulations. Other courts have made decisions which pretty much directly contradict Hamburg and yet it's a decision. So court in Munich (for example) would definitely have allowed epvp to be the platform it is, based on previous decisions. Hamburg didn't give a flying duck though (that's why all publishers go there, don't you think that's suspicious?). The OLG Hamburg (also a court in Hamburg, just one level higher) had to reverse decisions LG Hamburg made several times. You can look that up. Don't consider that decision concerning epvp a final one and base your arguments on that.

PS: I see you are a huge grammar flamer, but honestly that English was horrible. Don't be a hypocrite.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/22/2011, 05:31   #11

elite*gold: 5
If you knew my real age

Actually I am not here to discuss about law and stuff. I know that the situation you were in sucked pretty bad and I didnt want to insult you, but in my opinion, elitepvpers and bossland deserved it. These discussions have more to do with meanings than law.
Old 07/22/2011, 05:36   #12

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxi View Post
If you knew my real age

Actually I am not here to discuss about law and stuff. I know that the situation you were in sucked pretty bad and I didnt want to insult you, but in my opinion, elitepvpers and bossland deserved it. These discussions have more to do with meanings than law.
You wrote that Blizzard right in doing so because of Frogster's lawsuit. That's not an opinion, it's plain wrong. Argueing like that means walking on pretty thin ice.
Old 07/22/2011, 20:09   #13

So where can I find this bot thingy?
Old 07/26/2011, 01:05   #14

elite*gold: 25
Received Thanks: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchymist View Post
So where can I find this bot thingy?
just google a bit
Old 08/06/2011, 08:07   #15

Why should Blizzard honestly care at all? If someone has a bot account, that just means they are making even more money. I could see the difference if this was a free game with an item mall, but seriously a game like this? This seems like a bad move on Blizzards part because that just means that more accounts will be active at once, making them look better, and more accounts will be payed for monthly.