Interactive Gaming Software is proud to announce that it has entered into a partnership with GamersFirst to distribute the retail version of the upcoming MMOG blockbuster, APB Reloaded
, in North America. GamersFirst is a renowned world leader in Free2Play® massively multiplayer online games, serving over 30 million gamers in 160 countries. Currently in open beta, this virtual cops and robbers-themed game has already attracted more than 700,000 online players in less than three months of testing, and has garnered nearly 300,000 “Likes” on Facebook.
There’s trouble in the city of San Paro, and players have to put an end to it – or maybe it might be more fun to make things even worse! APB Reloaded
is a Free2Play massively multiplayer online third-person shooter game taking place in the modern-day fictional city of San Paro. This open-world environment challenges players to find their way through a city in a state of near anarchy. Players can take up the role of either a Criminal or Enforcer to commit or stop petty crimes, and gain notoriety within their own organizations in order to control the city.
Be it on foot or from the driver's seat, APB Reloaded
melds player-on-player combat within the immersive city teetering on the edge of total chaos. Powered by Epic’s Unreal 3 engine, APB Reloaded
features a robust set of customization tools second to none, providing gamers the ability to create the exact look of their in-game avatar, personalized symbols, clothing, vehicles and in-game music.
“We are extremely proud of this new partnership with GamersFirst,” says IGS founder and CEO Paul Lombardi, “and look forward with great anticipation to distributing the North America retail version of what is destined to become one of the most popular online multiplayer games of all time.”
“GamersFirst has been looking for a partner who can help us revolutionize retail distribution for Free2Play games in North America. With IGS, we have found the perfect partner. Our pricing model for APB Reloaded actually pays a gamer to come try the game. This is unprecedented for a title which cost more than seventy million dollars to produce,” says Rahul Sandil, Senior Vice President of Marketing at GamersFirst. “The response from retail has been so overwhelming that we are considering launching with a half-million units,” adds Rahul.
The suggested $29.95 retail version of APB Reloaded
will include more than $50 worth of in-game items, including a permanent in-game high-performance vehicle, a permanent in-game weapon and 30 days of premium access that provides increased cash rewards, reputation gains and a 20 percent in-store discount. APB Reloaded
will be released early in November, 2011. To get up-to-date information on GamersFirst and APB Reloaded’s
Community and Fan Pages, check out the following links:
Facebook – APB Reloaded - GamersFirst | Facebook
Development Blog – http://apbreloaded.blogspot.com
Website – http://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/
Twitter – @APB_Reloaded @GamersFirst
Key Game Features
What the Media are Saying about APB Reloaded
- Fun and engaging online action in a highly detailed interactive city
- Revolutionary customization system – players create their own avatars, music and vehicles, and can modify them extensively
- Unique game play mechanics with each “action district” supporting two rival factions, 100 players in 25 teams, 250 cars and 1,000 NPCs
- Each game world handles 10,000 players
- “If you can only play one free to play shooter this year, this is the one.” - MMOBOMB April 2011.
- “ I thoroughly encourage you to give APB Reloaded a shot and see for yourself why it’s been nominated for one of Ten Ton Hammer’s Best of E3 2011 awards.” -Reuben ‘Sardu’ Waters- Ten Ton Hammer June 2011.
- “If you like Grand Theft Auto and you like shooting virtual people online, there’s really no reason not to give APB: Reloaded a spin” Adam Rosenberg - Digital Trends May 2011.
- “…GamersFirst is doing some fantastic work the core mechanics of [APB Reloaded], which means They'll only bring APB back, but they'll bring it back a much better game than before! Nic van 't Schip, OnRPG.com March 2011.
- “Over this past weekend I sunk about 7 hours into [APB Reloaded] and I couldn’t get enough” Steve Lichtsinn Multiplaying.net June 2011.
- “Many MMO games were on display that didn't serve up the staple Orc vs Goblin type fair, and APB Reloaded was definitely the strongest of the bunch.” MMGN- Best MMO of E3, June 2011.
- “In reality, stealing a car is wrong but in APB [Reloaded] it feels so right.” Adam Tingle MMORPG.com May 2011.
- All Points Bulletin: Reloaded is definitely worth a try.” John Jacques- Gamerant.com June 2011
- “..this looks to be a glorious and fast-paced team action game.” Chris Jarvis –Gamespeople May 2011.
GamersFirst, headquartered in Irvine, California, is the leading Free2Play® MMO game publisher in the Western hemisphere. GamersFirst has offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. GamersFirst.com features the hit MMOG's Knight Online, Fallen Earth, Sword2 and War Rock
and future hits including APB Reloaded, Hailan Rising, Victory: Age of Racing
and Taikodom: Living Universe
GamersFirst is a subsidiary of K2 Network, one of the fastest growing companies in the fastest growing segment of the video game industry. Founded in 2001, K2 Network has established itself as a global leader in Free2Play online gaming, serving over 30 million gamers in 160 countries. The company’s portal, GamersFirst.com, offers a range of multiplayer online games as well as rich community features.
Founded by game industry veteran Paul Lombardi in 2000, co-founder of Interactive Magic and an early member of the legendary Microprose team, IGS Software has risen to fame over the past several years with its retail distribution of popular game title such as MMO Fallen Earth, and PC titles World of Tanks, Sail Simulator 5 Deluxe Edition, Ship Simulator 2008 Collectors Edition, Hank Haney Golf, Gun Ship, Battle Squadron, F-15 Strike Eagle, Restaurant Empire, Commander-in-Chief and the X3 series. IGS has successfully published products including sports simulators, flight.