Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Reviews > Game Reviews
You last visited: Today at 18:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Injustice Gods Among Us Mobile Game

Old   #1
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 0/0/0
Injustice Gods Among Us Mobile Game

Video Trailer:

After Joker destroys Metropolis and tricks Superman into killing Lois Lane and their unborn child, Superman murders him in front of Batman and establishes a new world order. A battle ensues between the forces of Superman's Regime and those allied with Batman's Insurgency. The Insurgency discovers an alternate universe where Joker's plan did not succeed and transport several of its super heroes to theirs in order to help them defeat the Regime.
First Impression:
I heard a couple monthes ago that WB games was going to release a mobile version of their upcoming console fighting game "Injustic God's Among us". It sounded like an interesting idea to have that console game compressed and fitted for mobile devices. Then I remembered that not many games that were made for consoles then added to the mobile device end up being executed correctly (Usually the idea is great but the controls or Interface is just plain screwy). Plus since it was a fighting based game I would assume it would be like Infinity Blade or any of those on screen face to face based games. Where you swipe here and there but every 2/3 tries the track pad for the touch screen doesn't register. If that wasn't going to be an issue then it would be the micro transactions that most mobile games have that aren't pay to start. So I was a bit hazy on downloading this game (It is free, so that kind of set off the "Microtransacaction alert"). So I started up the game with close to low expectations, because anything above that could have made the game a lot worse then it really was. I was impressed with the graphics of the interface and character models instantly giving me more of an insentive to try this game out further.

Main Menu:

In this image you can see that the background image is a realistic concept art of Flash with some impressive angling of him dodging what looks like broken glass or debris. Now looking at the menu it self you have a little bit more then the usual amount of choices: Play, Collection (for your character cards, support cards, and booster packs. I will explain what those are later), Shop (Where you get new characters, support cards, and booster packs), Extras, Options, and WBID (That is for making an account on the WB website. Make an account with them for extra goodies).

Booster Packs:

This part of the shop you can buy packs with either in game money or real money. The booster packs each give off at least one character card and 2 support cards. Now the higher the pack the better the character/support card you will get. The pricing for the packs may seem a little outrageous but it won't take that long to get enough for a decent booster pack. That is probably the best way to get characters is through the booster packs. Even though it is set at random you will at least get 1 character card and a couple support and that right there is cheaper then buying them separately.

Character Cards:

These are the character cards which is self explanatory. In this section of the shop you can buy specific characters to add to your arsenal for heroes/villains. The grade goes from Bronze-Gold. The characters you start with are bronze which are on the far left, and are the cheapest of characters. Then you have silver which are much stronger then bronze initially but a bronze can take on a silver and win with a little bit of dedication. A good amount of the silver and gold are different appearances of a good amount of the bronze characters (do note that they will have different abilities and different stats).

Support Cards:

This section of the shop you can purchase specific support cards that give the characters: Health boosts, damage boosts, and experience boosts. These can drastically change the way your character fights and ranks up.

In Game Screenshots

Play Menu:

On the left is your team and the right is the enemies team which both consist of 3 characters. Each character has 3 special abilities that you have to unlock while fighting then upgrading later on.

Tap Method:

With some abilities it will require the player to tap the little dot in the circle as quickly as you can. The faster you click the more damage you do with that attack. Once the skill is activated you have about 5 seconds to tap that dot in the circle as fast as you can, if you lose momentum then the damage meter goes down.

Swipe Method:

Some abilities require the player to swipe an arrow in a certain direction. The player has to swipe the arrow as fast as he/she can. The more times it is swiped the higher your damage goes. This method is different from the tap method. If you slow down you don't lose any damage to that attack like in the tap method.

Aftermath Impression
Well after playing the game for a couple weeks I have to say that it has impressed me in almost all aspects. This game is powered by the Unreal engine and the developers utilized the engine so well that it feels that i'm playing a console grade game on my iPad. The story isn't as strong in the mobile game as it is in the console but the gameplay make up for it. The gameplay is nice and smooth, little to no lagg and the battle system is quite on par to the controls. The character models while in combat still give off that close to realistic look unlike most games do that are mobile. The quality it self is defiantly worth the free download. Players are given content of a pay game without having to pay.

-The concept art for the intro and the main menu are beautifully rendered and set on a smooth slide show. It really shows that the developers didn't just throw in a random background for the main menu and focus on the game but they really dedicated a little more then normal amount of time on the menu to show that they are worth the player's time.

-The voice acting is top notch for a mobile game. If a mobile game has voice acting usually it is either very cheesy or close to mediocre. For this specific game the voice acting is actually quite believable. When the characters are heard during combat or in the vague cut scenes they are presented with B movie quality acting.

-The concept of being able to constantly upgrade characters is pretty creative. You can basically get as much of the same character as you want. All you have to do is click on the card and hit the + button and you rank your character up. The more times you rank up the character with another card of the same character, that character will gain more health, damage, and hidden abilities. So people aren't forced to spend real money to get the silver grade characters or the gold.

-The shop isn't based off real money. Players can basically get everything in the shop with in game currency so players won't have to spend money out of their pockets to make their team a badass force. A lot of mobile games (especially the free ones) are pay to play. A lot depend on those transactions in the store in order to advance in the game. This one doesn't.

-The boss fights and missions are challenging but not over challenging like most games that try to give a challenge. The ones that give a challenge either make it way to easy or way to hard. This game has a smooth transition from easy to difficult. Even if the player dies the first couple times, he/she still has a chance to beat that character with giving just a little more dedication and tactics.

-The controls for basic attacks aren't just swipe and press with two fingers. Players are hinted that they can do more comboing then one the tut tells them at the beginning. Players can press the enemies on the heads, side swipe. Mix and match both for some interesting combos.

-The background music is really fitting to the mood of the game. Some games lack good background music. Most mobile games the music isn't to well developed it's just put there to kind of add to the mood. In this game it felt like they blended the music well with the themes and emotion of this game.

-The skill unlocking system. In order to unlock level 1 of your skill you have to get to a certain level ( 0, 5, 20) then you have to pay 1,000-2,000 gold to level up the skill past 1. That becomes a hassle as you are trying to save up money for new characters/support cards because once the game becomes challenging you need all the help you can get to make it as easy as possible.

-Some of the characters have over powered skills. At mid point of the game you run into bosses that will have attacks that will be able to break defenses and do almost 1 hit kills on you. The players aren't warned of which attacks break guards and which don't so that can get annoying fighting characters such as Bane or Black Adam.

-The stamina system makes it time consuming in between matches since most missions require 2 stamina per fight. Then takes about a hour for your heroes to be fully charged.

-The combat by the time you near 5/9th done with the game it gets a bit repetitive with the challenges that are added to each mission. So don't expect an indepth change as the game progresses.

-The tut doesn't explain that tactics play a big role in this game once you defeat the first 5 sets of missions.

Breakdown Rating:

Gameplay: 8.6
Audio: 8.5
Lasting Appeal: 8.0

Overall Rating: 8.4

This game is a great game to pass time especially on long trips and is probably the best brawler based mobile game that is in the App store at the time. I would highly recommend it to people that enjoy a good brawler and people who enjoy dc comics/games. Just make sure that you prepare to be a bit more active with this game then most fighting games. Please note that this version of Injustice Gods Among Us only has a fraction of the features the console based game has.

6 Users
Old   #2
The Black Market: 0/0/0
I <3 Superheroes!

Danke dass du uns das neue spiel bekannt gemacht hast!
werde ich mir vielleicht holen & durchrushen (an (möglichst) einem stück durchspielen)
Old   #3
The Black Market: 4/0/0
Let's FLY !! <3
Old   #4
elite*gold: 42
The Black Market: 25/0/0
Danke für die News, aber es pisst mich an das solche Spiele nie für PC kommen -.-

Old   #5
The Black Market: 171/0/0
Great Game Review I really like it, good overview. I am going to try it out.