Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Reviews > Game Reviews
You last visited: Today at 05:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Battlefield 3 Multi-player Review

Discussion on Battlefield 3 Multi-player Review within the Game Reviews forum part of the Reviews category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
Battlefield 3 Multi-player Review

Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Review (based on Xbox Experience)

Brief Introduction:
Battlefield 3 is a sequel to the game Battlefield 2 which was made in 2005. Battlefield 3 is a Modern Time, First Person Shooter (FPS). Battlefield 3 uses the Frostbite 2.0 engine which gives the game a much better feel with graphics, sound and even the atmosphere. This game has an array of weapons as has changed allot since Battlefield 2. Though keeping the explosive part which is has been known for, and the community as well. This game can be played on PS3, PC and Xbox 360.

The Game play:
Battlefield 3 has improved quite allot from Battlefield Bad Company 2, changing the game play slightly and fixing some of the flaws many people didn’t like. Battlefield 3 can hold up to 24 people for console players and 64 for PC. This gives us the idea that it holds allot of action in the multiplayer making it fun with plenty of action. However, as I played this game thoroughly in the weekend playing it more or less 16/2 I have seen how fun this game can be for consoles. The array of weapons you earn has changed dramatically compared to BC2 with a bunch of attachments making your favourite weapon allot better, making it look allot more “good looking” as well. Thanks to the Frostbite 2.0 engine the graphics looks so much better than the previous games, giving it a thrilling atmosphere and when you buy the game you will be impressed at how it looks. But, there are some things I didn’t completely like at all for this game. Such as the Ranking System, it is like an average FPS where you get kills, and level up. Though this game makes sure you play it ALOT by making it allot longer than the usual levelling system. Making you play the game allot if you ever want to hit the max level.
Here are just a few of the levels

And that is barely half! Once you get to “Level 45” it will carry on as the same rank but “Grade 1...2...3...” this made me slightly disappointed as they (DICE) were slightly lazy of making new ranks.

Here is how levelling up looks like:

The Classes:
There are four classes you can pick from when you start playing this game. Recon (Sniper), Support (Ammo Provider), Assault (Medic) and the Engineer (Fixes stuff). Each one holds its ground at certain bases with its pros and cons. However I find that only two of the four classes are actually used.
Recon:
Recon is the Sniper class, I have tried this and in my opinion I didn’t really enjoy. It is very underused and I’m not surprised of that either. The Sniping with it sucks, as they always sponge even with Bolt-action Snipers (unless it is a headshot) and the only thing I find useful with them is the Remote Spawner you have with them. Giving you 10xp each time someone spawns there. Though, this class could be useful for spotting enemies, but I would rather be killing people then just sitting there doing nothing at all.

Support:
I find this as the second most important class. It has a decent amount of guns which are enjoyable and actually kill people. And they carry Ammo Supplies which is very useful if someone is out of ammo and you can throw a bag at them, giving you 10xp per time they resupply. Helping your team and you because you are gaining xp. This is also useful as you can throw bags at yourself and also supply. I find this is a used class and I see its reasons behind it.

Assault:
This is my favourite class in my opinion; it is very useful and has the best range of guns. It has guns for close, mid and long range which actually do damage. The class also has very useful abilities as well such as the med kit for example; it is able to recover you and your teams’ health very quickly. Useful if you are in the middle of a fight and you just found cover. Also it gives you allot more health then the others do. It gives you 20xp roughly every 20% of health your squad recovers using your med kit. The range of guns this class uses is good as well, the rifles may be a bit bad at first, but once you level it up a bit it can become the best class which you enjoy.

Engineer:
The engineer is the third most used from what I have seen; it can fix the jets, tanks more or less everything. Its main use in my view is the missiles you get with him. Making you able to blow up enemy vehicles, though the vehicles are a bit OP as you get flares (to stop aimed missiles) aiming at you very frequently. This class isn’t at all interesting to me really, though I guess it can be good if you work with it.

How is the Community?
I find that the community is actually pretty good. Yes you may get the usual troll every now and then. But the community actually try to help out, giving DICE ideas of what should be “nerfed”, powered up, implanted and so on. Plus the website they give is very good as well, as once you make an account there after a while it gives you a range of stats you can view yourself and see how you progress.
And the link is below

What I liked about this game:

The Graphics
They just amazed me, having the ability to run round in an open terrain admiring the views, in a vehicle or even just standard looking around just amazes me. The artistic license that enhances highly saturated colour schemes. It’s just very impressive.

Destructible Environments
Having the Frostbite 2.0 the destructibility of everything is amazing. Being able to blow a building up and watch it crumble to pieces is a good thing to see in a game. This is also very action-packed. It adds a sort of terror to people, creating a good atmosphere, of sense that you are in danger.

Squads
Being in a squad is tremendously useful; they aren’t just used for a “mobile” spawn area. But having the leader pointing out where to attack/defend awards you with some xp promoting teamwork and making people actually work together.

Things I wasn’t so keen on

The small map sizes
Yes we do have those massive maps for conquest which can hold up to 64 people. However there are way too many maps which are designed for small amounts of people. Though I guess in a way it does explain itself as console gamers can hold only 24. But that is quite small for “big” maps. They both have their ups and downs.

Persistence rewards
At several points of earning attachments, you can get some very OP stuff (IRNV, Flashlight.) They may be patched later on. However this gives an unfair playing field of whom ever plays the longest will have the extremely better stuff. Not basing it to skill, but as I said, who plays the most.

Overall...I give this game an 8/10 and do recommend this to other people as it can be a very fun game to enjoy
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/15/2012, 18:48   #2

elite*gold: 0
makes sense maybe i dont understand this but why a review!?
the game came out six months before :P
Old 05/16/2012, 15:08   #3

elite*gold: 59
The Black Market: 101/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackkkk View Post
makes sense maybe i dont understand this but why a review!?
the game came out six months before :P
I think that too, but itīs an good review.