Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > Foreign Games
You last visited: Today at 10:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

English patches for foreign games

Discussion on English patches for foreign games within the Foreign Games forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
English patches for foreign games

I want to create an English patch/mod for a Korean MMO. I've been trying to find info on HOW to do this, but I can only find patches for other games, and nothing on how to do it myself. Could anyone help me, or direct me to a forum/site where I could get information?
Old 07/26/2013, 14:24   #2

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
Arrow General Gaming Discussion -> Foreign Games

#moved

Usually you will need to unpack some files, like for example in vindictus the hfs files and translate the heroes_korean.txt.

It's not that easy to find it I guess.
Old 07/28/2013, 03:39   #3

Hm... I've only been able to unpack anything at all from the .pak using dragonUnpacker. I don't see a text thing at all though. Most of it is the music and PNGs.
I've tried a number of other unpackers/editors but they all say it's not .pak format or something similar.

I can edit most of the text on the UI and menus, but it gets detected and patched. :C

I'm still going to mess around and try to find help though. Definitely not a project I wanna give up on
Old 07/31/2013, 12:15   #4

Sounds like a tough job to me..
Old 08/16/2013, 00:22   #5

Goodluck with dat ._.
Old 08/21/2013, 08:05   #6

As for games, I like them very much. I often play some games if I have some time.
At present, I look forward to playing FFXIV, which is a awesome online game. Do you know it. As a fan of FF14, I can get final fantasy 14 gil from to explore in the game world.

As for games, I like them very much. I often play some games if I have some time.
At present, I look forward to playing FFXIV, which is a awesome online game. Do you know it. As a fan of FF14, I can get final fantasy 14 gil from to explore in the game world.