Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Flyff > Flyff Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A Few question about Hosting!

Discussion on A Few question about Hosting! within the Flyff Private Server forum part of the Flyff category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
A Few question about Hosting!

Hello!

I'm starting this thread mainly because i want to know the specs for hosting a NEW Flyff private server with around 1-40 players also is it possible to host on your home pc first? it doesn't seems worth it for me to invest a dedicated server when it's new started maybe if i get some donations in game or if the player base increases to like 100+. VPS is nothing to think about since my home computer and internet is almost better then most VPS's. So is it possible with theese specs to host a flyff server with 1-40 players?:

Processor: AMD fx 8350 4.5 Ghz @ 8 Threads
RAM: 8GB 1600mhz
Internet speed: 100/100 mbit fiber network

And also if it is possible what are the risks hosting from home? If it gets hacked can they do something to my internet / computer etc. my internet has a good firewall though but if the ports are open it might a problem right?

Thankful for answers

Regards Laitila
Old 07/01/2015, 23:46   #2

u need ddos protection
good internet

better host vps / root
Old 07/02/2015, 02:18   #3

That site your referring to is having almost the same specs as his home server. Except the ram and 250Mbit Line. The 100 Is just fine. You should increase your RAM to >16GB

the only problem is the DDOS protection.

But hey if you are @ home and having an ddos attack then its easier to solve it. Just unplug the server xD

Tags
host flyff hosting