Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 02:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

OttoBot - Crafter/Fisher - Free

Discussion on OttoBot - Crafter/Fisher - Free within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
OttoBot v1.0.1.0 - Crafter/Miner/Logger/Fisher

OttoBot is a crafting, fishing, mining, logging bot with a battle parser. Built and tested on a Windows 7 desktop PC. Unknown how it reacts on other versions or on laptops. OttoBot relies on the .NET 4.0 framework (full).

Compatible with game client version 1.23a.

Sourced code for project posted under separate thread.

See attachments for tips on finding memory chains.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LowLevelGrinderRuleSet.zip (893 Bytes, 660 views)
File Type: zip ByregotsQualityPumpRuleSet.zip (715 Bytes, 502 views)
File Type: zip ByregotsCulQualityPumpRuleSet.zip (824 Bytes, 430 views)
File Type: zip HastyCrankRuleSet.zip (673 Bytes, 312 views)
File Type: zip OttoBot v1.0.1.0.zip (2.09 MB, 997 views)
File Type: zip ALCQualityDriveRuleSet.zip (1.3 KB, 198 views)
File Type: zip FindingUpdatedMemoryChains.zip (5.9 KB, 253 views)
Thanks
45 Users
Old 11/11/2011, 12:01   #2

Hi,

I guess it´s a Pixel Based Bot?

Regards
Old 11/11/2011, 15:58   #3

This bot is not a pixel bot.

You can use it minimized or with the game minimized. Of course, when you move or play with the game window while the bot is sending commands they can get lost like anything. So it is best to move the window or minimize it while the bot is in a longer timer, such as just after a Standard ability or while waiting for a fish to bite.
Old 11/11/2011, 22:29   #4

I love you, will test extensively

Ok first little issue. Is this mutiboxable? If so how do you bind it to each window?

BTW grats, it looks to be very nice~
Old 11/12/2011, 02:57   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deggers View Post
I love you, will test extensively

Ok first little issue. Is this mutiboxable? If so how do you bind it to each window?

BTW grats, it looks to be very nice~
I have never run dual/multi-boxed on my system. So I can say it does not do that at this moment as it only attaches to the one instance of the game.

This is rather trivial to add once I know how the processes look on a multi-boxed system. Let me go get some learnin' on it and you will have it shortly.

On a slightly different note, I have the food support mostly coded for fishing and crafting, just need to test everything to make sure things are not broken else where.
Old 11/12/2011, 03:51   #6

what language are you using? I may be able to help you out
Old 11/12/2011, 05:07   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
what language are you using? I may be able to help you out
Otto was written in C# but I can read any language and get what I need. I fear no language.
Old 11/12/2011, 05:49   #8

Old 11/12/2011, 08:08   #9

i run across an issue where i have to put the target depth in manually before i start the fishing bot, i can't start the bot from a standing position either. but this could be a operator error on my part. if you need more information i can try to facilitate
Old 11/12/2011, 09:02   #10

no one has confirmed this bot is virus free or confirmed the bot doesnt phone home with too much information. While I have posted here, I am not endorsing the bot (please dont pm me asking if it is safe) as i dont know. It would be nice if someone could verify that it is clean. Virus scan and watch all outbound connections on your pc.
Old 11/12/2011, 15:38   #11

^ this, unfortunately i only know about enough to tell if something is currently successfully sending or recieving data. i can't tell if it's trying and failing.
I did however scan it with Avast (someone needs to scan with something better though) and it turned up no results for me.

I will say tho sir, that if you are currently stealing my life, identity, and every dirty picture stashed in my system32 folder, you put an awful lot of detail into the program. so if that is the case by some chance, well played sir well played indeed
Old 11/12/2011, 19:07   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4k3n5h1 View Post
i run across an issue where i have to put the target depth in manually before i start the fishing bot, i can't start the bot from a standing position either. but this could be a operator error on my part. if you need more information i can try to facilitate
Updated version as of v0.2.0.0 will allow fishing from stand up or from fishing input being open. Same for crafting by recipes but not guildleves (yet).

The bot does assume for fishing that you have selected the Fish men option and the fishing input is open. Part of the challenge of starting to fish from standing is there is no state information to know if when the main menu opens, what item it was on.

I will see if I can find some place in memory for this as, honestly, I only checked very briefly one day and left it as "assumes fishing widget is open".

I should add in a help button since there are things for trouble shooting timers, as an example, if the wait for fish timer is too short even the inter polls reach their attempt limit, and it will error out.

I am testing out the changes for food use across fishing and crafting (also some nits so must test all basic things) and will see if I can get the Fish From Standing in as well.

As for virus, lord help me if there's anything in there and someone tell me if there is since I hate to lose my **** too
Old 11/12/2011, 21:24   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
no one has confirmed this bot is virus free or confirmed the bot doesnt phone home with too much information. While I have posted here, I am not endorsing the bot (please dont pm me asking if it is safe) as i dont know. It would be nice if someone could verify that it is clean. Virus scan and watch all outbound connections on your pc.
It is not doing anything malicious. A quick review in Reflector confirms this.

I don't see any phone home at all or any net code whatsoever in it.

*note: I did not review the installer or any of that, just the actual program, so I can't speak for the rest of the stuff in the zip.
Old 11/13/2011, 04:57   #14

For myself it was a quite bad experience for fishing:
  • the bot is using the fishing decision tree randomly

So out of luck i tried to change some timer and first:
  • the tooltip diseappear too quickly, on this kind of very long list, it's quickly get annoying
  • if i change some number, i always get a exception:
  • with this error, nothing is ever save, and direct modification of the "exe.config" do nothing.
Old 11/13/2011, 05:31   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multani2842 View Post
For myself it was a quite bad experience for fishing:
  • the bot is using the fishing decision tree randomly

So out of luck i tried to change some timer and first:
  • the tooltip diseappear too quickly, on this kind of very long list, it's quickly get annoying
  • if i change some number, i always get a exception:
  • with this error, nothing is ever save, and direct modification of the "exe.config" do nothing.
I'm sorry you have had such problems. I would be happy to address any issues. Let me make sure I understand what you have tried, observed.

Tooltips, too short. Easily changed as they should beat 3 seconds now. I had them at 5 but worried it was a long time. I have added a timer for setting the tooltip as you like. I also have on my To Do list to write up more information for a help/troubleshooting guide which will include the timer information.

You also noted it appears that positions are hitting randomly. This may be due to the Jig Position timers being very off for your system. To test each timer's position, set the first decision tree position to which ever jig position timer you are checking, and see if updated timer value hits the right spot. Example, set the first position in the decision tree to D, change Jig to Position D's timer value and see if the position is hit correctly. Adjust the timer until it is fine. By setting the first decision tree spot to the position you are checking the timer for, it will always try that position on first jig (saves the waiting for a random fish to need that jig position). Repeat for each position in question. Now, all this is moot if you cannot change a timer. See next response. One other note on the jig tree, the + and - indicate the branch in the decision tree if the position prior indicated a jig in the right (+) direction or the wrong (-) direction. For space reasons I used only the + and - characters.

As for the crash, that is a super "my bad" as I switched over setting structure to a new class for timers and used the wrong one in the update setting. I will post the updated bot here in a few minutes as I have also tested out other updates. Again, I am so sorry for that slipping through as I should have tested that update feature.

Also, changes not being saved, I will change the bot to save immediately so changes should be retained as long as the bot does not crash on the change itself (see paragraph above).

If you are unsure timers are working correctly to the positions in the fishing input widget, turn on debugging from the Common tab and set it to Low. You will get all sorts of data out, some of which is timers being used, state changes, and others. You can even copy that and post it if there is particularly strange behavior.

Questions for you: what OS? 32- or 64-bit? CPU? As not all computers are equal nor is each persons lag, the bot timers will need some adjusting for each persons system.

Again, I am super sorry for the timers being busted as I should have caught that.

[Edit: I have posted an updated version of the bot which will fix the timer edit issue. The jig position timers I can not set from here if your system needs minor adjustments but if, after following my suggestion above, the positions seem random then let me know.]

I have updated the OP for v0.2.0.0. This fixes the timer value change crashes which was very embarrassing, to say the least. The OP lists the changes for which the big 3 are the timer crash fix, multibox support, and food support.

SC