Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 08:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

how are you making gil and how much do u have?

Discussion on how are you making gil and how much do u have? within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
how are you making gil and how much do u have?

guys, how are you making gil and how much do u have?
I wanted to start this thread to see what everyone else is doing.

I just finished leveling alc and fsh to 50 and im currently sitting @ 14M gil.
The only time I spent money was for new crafting weapons, fishing rods or lures. I used fishing and crafting bots the entire way to 50 and broke down all my fish into crystals and have been selling those for pure profit. at the higher fsh/alc levels, you can break down 1 fish into 6 crystals at the cost of 2 crystals, so its 4 crystal profit per fish.
Old 09/25/2011, 20:25   #2

did you get ALC 50 using just the fish--> crystal synth ? tbh i focused more on lvling all crafts with the money i got, currently only like 1.6M and on my server the best fish sell for like 1.5k at best...

I focus more on finding synths that make money as well as lvling your craft up, such as buying scalenkin blood, acidic secretions and yew branches which combined you can buy 99 of each for 200k and then craft them as a 30CRP 30ALC (37 CRP synth) and youll get amazing SP and the crooks sell for 5k+ each to vendor netting you minimum of 300k per 99 and getting you levels
Old 09/25/2011, 21:40   #3

yes, 50 alc from just using fish. the last 5 levels took forever - i think the last level alone took an entire day. i broke down black sole from lvl 30-50, so i prolly went thru many thousands of fish, but i have more crystals than i know what to do with. i also have a second account that i fishbot with too, so im getting double fish essentially. for alchemy, its best to stockpile fish over a few days so that you have about 10 stacks. then just let the craft bot go until you run out.
Old 09/25/2011, 22:39   #4

I have often wondered what is considered rich in the game as I have 40M+ but I assume there's lotsa people with more and prolly bunches near 100M. Of course, I could be way off.
Old 09/25/2011, 23:39   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky McDougal View Post
I have often wondered what is considered rich in the game as I have 40M+ but I assume there's lotsa people with more and prolly bunches near 100M. Of course, I could be way off.
care to share what you made 40M on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggm589 View Post
You have to be smart with that, sometimes the fish sell for more than what 4 crystals are worth.
im just selling the fish now since my alc is @ 50 and i have stockpiles of crystals. its usually more profitable to break them down to crystals on my server, but the small extra cash isnt worth the effort.
Old 09/26/2011, 01:59   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve782 View Post
care to share what you made 40M on?

im just selling the fish now since my alc is @ 50 and i have stockpiles of crystals. its usually more profitable to break them down to crystals on my server, but the small extra cash isnt worth the effort.
None of the gil was from botting in any form. Made it the old fashion way, crafting items to sell and from a **** load of DoL gathering. Economy a tad tighter now, can't quite sell 20 tools a day any more.
Old 09/26/2011, 14:45   #7

well regarding the shark oil, if u have 2 fish bots going over night and craft the oil during day you make ~840k+ a day before shards, so if you have lots of water/lightning shards then this is even better

other than this i have no real other way to make equal or more income as every fish on my server usually sells for ~700 each which is total **** lol
Old 09/26/2011, 20:39   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl295 View Post
well regarding the shark oil, if u have 2 fish bots going over night and craft the oil during day you make ~840k+ a day before shards, so if you have lots of water/lightning shards then this is even better

other than this i have no real other way to make equal or more income as every fish on my server usually sells for ~700 each which is total **** lol
this is going to be my long term plan now that i have my classes capped. the only problem is that with the shark oil recipe, u still need guild support even at 50 or it fails a lot. if only there was a crafting bot that refreshed my guild support! the best thing about this is that you dont need to wait for a sale on the market. selling **** can take a lot of time.
Old 09/28/2011, 02:17   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve782 View Post
this is going to be my long term plan now that i have my classes capped. the only problem is that with the shark oil recipe, u still need guild support even at 50 or it fails a lot. if only there was a crafting bot that refreshed my guild support! the best thing about this is that you dont need to wait for a sale on the market. selling **** can take a lot of time.
Update 1.19 will probably shake up what makes the most money. I'm pretty excited for Oct 5th!

FTR I'm 43THM, 33ALC, 28FSH, have 4~5 MIL. No biggie, I'll be ballin one day!
Old 09/28/2011, 03:18   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsnowghost7 View Post
Update 1.19 will probably shake up what makes the most money. I'm pretty excited for Oct 5th!

FTR I'm 43THM, 33ALC, 28FSH, have 4~5 MIL. No biggie, I'll be ballin one day!
yes, im curious if they will be nerfing the vendor price of shark oil, i really hope not.
Old 09/29/2011, 07:05   #11

looks like they are changing the shark oil recipe so that it only produces 1 oil now instead of 12 :/ SUCKS!!!!
Old 10/01/2011, 08:57   #12

GDI SE

they really love their nerfs