Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

GMs

Discussion on GMs within the Final Fantasy XI forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hi there. First of all, awesome site! I personally haven't really experimented with these programs because I'm a bit paranoid, but they look quite handy. I had a question related to them, though.

Does anyone here know generally what a GM can and can't see? For example, obviously a GM can tell if you're using FleeTool or POS warping. But can they tell if you have things like the FFXIApp monster radar or recast timer on? I figure that no, they can't see those last two things. It's pretty much the same sort of thing as Windower plugins, like TParty and BloodPace, just game information being presented to you in a convenient way. But of course, I could be wrong. Any information would be appreciated!

[Another question I thought of - What exactly happens when you get banned? Obviously you don't just lose that one character, but the entire account, so it isn't safe to simply mess around with a mule. But what about any other accounts linked to your credit card? I ask because I'm considering purchasing a new copy of the game simply for the purpose of using some of these programs. Assuming the worst happens and I get perma-banned on my new account, would my original one still be fine?]
Old 04/06/2006, 22:05   #2

As far as i can tell, GM can ofcourse se things that other players can see, like you fleeing for unlimited time, or warping around the lvl. no, using the Lag excuse wont cut that. they can see this because they know what buffs you have on, FFXI dumps log files onto your computer, and GM can read those files, they can also see what job you are, with even if you are /anon.

WHen you get banned, your POL ID gets banned. ya know the XXXX6969 thing, so all your mules, and main characters are lost. yup yup yup.

last thing, they cant tell if you are using windower. TP party and all that other stuff is naturaly sent to Final Fantasy, but it was not originaly implemented in the GUI for client side. all the windower does, is show it for you.
Old 04/06/2006, 23:03   #3

dunnolol, pretty much nailed it. I don't think SE would cancel all your accounts linked to whatever CC your banned account is linked too. I don't think GM's have that information. They just ban the POL ID
Old 04/07/2006, 05:37   #4

So can they see u using things like argus and npc?
Old 04/07/2006, 18:33   #5

NPC = no. NPC just scans the area your in and doesn't send any information to the game. It's a lot like windower in it's detection rate I think.

Argus = depends from what I hear. I've heard that GMs can see that your trying to attack a monster that isn't there. Like they can see that your casting dia on 0012 but 0012 isn't there (yet). I've also heard of GMs simulating spawning an NM and if they get a reaction out of you your screwed.
Old 04/10/2006, 09:42   #6

Hmm..can they tell if you use "Draw In"?
Old 04/11/2006, 08:52   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by tenbov@Apr 10 2006, 09:42
Hmm..can they tell if you use "Draw In"?
To my knowlege, "Draw In" doesn't actually draw the mob in server side, just on your screen, which is the reason that you can't use spells or abilities on drawn-in mobs if they were origionally out of that radius. (I'm pretty sure that is right, just correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 04/18/2006, 00:54   #8

nop your right on that its only drawing the monster closer to you so u can see if its beeing attacked or what ever. it will not make monster hitable if hes too far. (client side effect only)