Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XI
You last visited: Today at 02:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Private Server Players MUST READ!

Discussion on Private Server Players MUST READ! within the Final Fantasy XI forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Private Server Players MUST READ!

Hey all,

I wanted to take a moment to notify everyone that the newest update from POL is causing issues with private servers. If you update to the newest version you will not be able to play on older private servers. (*well not w/o a lot of issues*)

Current servers that are compatible with the 7/2011 update are Azure Sky and Dark Star.

For those that are not updated:
- Here are the updates:
-- Download and extract the files into your Final Fantasy XI folder.
-- Run a file check through POL.
-- When done go back to playing.
Old 07/14/2011, 20:17   #2

This has been resolved on Dark Star and Azure Sky. If you updated to the 7/2011 version through POL then you can play on these servers w/o any issues.
Old 07/14/2011, 21:28   #3

can you tell us what you did exactly so other people with servers can get it working?
Old 07/15/2011, 00:55   #4

Kinda pointless to go into detail on how to do it since no one else is developing a server. The only other running servers are just using the pre-built DLX server and I deleted that source code a long time ago. Which means the DLX server won't be getting an update.