Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > Facebook
You last visited: Today at 05:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Extract of BP Images

Discussion on Extract of BP Images within the Facebook forum part of the Browsergames category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs up Extract of BP Images

Hello
I just want to know if someone ever extracted the images from BP? I have the game swf, but the images of ships, weapons and stuff are NOT in that file. Someone knows what file it is, or how can i get them?

I just want to use them on my homepage for info.

Thanks in advance

ChileCaliente
Old 11/22/2012, 22:37   #2

Search Battle Pirates wiki on google youll find the images
Old 11/24/2012, 00:43   #3

Talking

You will not find all the images that are in the game at the moment enorth. Some of them have never been published.

How to extract images from BP is fairly simple... U need summin like Charles for it tho...

1. Open Charles, clear cache from browser and reload game.
2. Go into folder shown in image below.

3. Rightclick the file "assets.vxxxxx.xml" and select "Save Response...". Save it to your Desktop for example.
4. Open up the file with Notepad.
5. Select "Edit" and then "Replace" from the menu. The "Replace" window opens.
6. Where it says "Find what:" type "false". Where it says "Replace with" type "true" and click "Replace All".
7. Close the "Replace" window.
8. Save the file and close Notepad.
9. Go into Charles again and rightclick the "assets.vxxxxx.xml" file again.
10. Select "Map Local...", the "Edit Mapping" window opens.
11. Where it says "Map To" click the "Choose" button, go to your desktop and click the "assets.vxxxxx.xml" file and click "Open".
12. Click "OK" in the "Edit Mapping" window.
13. Clear cache in browser again.
14. Clear the current session in Charles, you clear it by clicking the garbage bin icon.
15. Reload the game in the browser.

What now happens is that the game will load every image possible mentioned in the XML file. Normally they are set to False so it does not load them all by default. Also the game only loads the images you have access to in the game. So if you do not have the DNX for example it will not load the images for it. We set everything to True tho so ever image in the XML will load. (The game will take a long time to load but you can view all the images...)

To view the images go into the "assets" folder (see image below) in Charles and open up the "ships.v2" folder for example and click the "Response" tab.

You are now able to see ANY image Kixeye put up in the XML file... There are images in the XML file for ships and weapons that are not being used currently. As you can see in the image below there is a ship called the "Drac Megahull" that is not in use (YET!) This image has been in the XML for over a year now . If u search u can also find the missile flak guns... hihihi... Also unused.

What's also neat about this XML file is that when Kixeye updates the game just before raids you can view the new goodies before they are being released for the public... *evil grin*

Have fun!
Old 11/25/2012, 20:22   #4

Interesting. I always wondered how folks got these images so early.
Closed Thread

Tags
ships, swf, weapons