Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Red Alert

Discussion on Red Alert within the Eudemons Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I couldnt help but notice while searching through my games memory that i found the names of EXPHACK and WINHEX in game memory, i didnt find LOGBOT in there which is amazing to me, maybe logbot hadnt done something to trigger the game to record its name.

maybe this has something to do with the anti-trojan stuff i was hearing about before...anyways i would rename any cheat related files to something else, everyone should choose a unique name for the same program. like rename EXPHACK.exe to something unobvious like mseh.exe

who knows how long theyve been doing this, or if this info is ever sent to the server...i wouldnt worry too much but it would be smart to rename anything with "bot" or "hack" in its name to something friendly. if anyone knows whats the deal with the game recording this info let us know.
Old 05/14/2007, 10:45   #2

hey

just a quick thing, i used spyware terminator, when using logbot, spyware terminator goes nuts on it! when u try to run it says a big heap of threats, and i saw it briefly, but sumthign said remote procedure call getting accessed....i dunno if i should trust this program too much! IF you still wish to use, i suggest having on your warehouse password, and when you log into the game, DONT use the warehosue password..so even if someone can remotely access your game with program running while your unattended......they cant take items off, trade or even pk for that matter without the 2nd password..
Old 05/14/2007, 14:48   #3

lots of AV will notice that the program uses Inter-Process Communication that means it views another programs memory, thats kinda necessary to do anything. so long your AV software never says the program is trying to access the internet theres really nothing to worry about there

<hr>Append on May 14 2007, 15:14<hr> my copncern wasnt my software, it was that the game is recording info i never gave it permission to record, ive seen AV software file names stored in game memory, lots of stuff...obviously tq is trying to detect stuff, invading our privacy maybe? i was saying you should rename cheat related software so it looks like something else, maybe call something avlb.exe or mslb.exe
Old 05/14/2007, 22:01   #4

uh-oh.....Now I am worry, if you intalled the eudemon game and restall it will it still have a record you running those programs.
Old 05/15/2007, 02:03   #5

well i just got done trying to see if the game still had different programs listed in its memory today and i cant find anything..im gonna keep trying to trigger the game to detect me so i can figure out what does it.

maybe it found my version of exphack.exe because mine is different than your version, i have special features on mine to read/write large sections of memory because im working on my next project. its weird cause i used winhex (a program that lets me read the game memory, very fast) today and it didnt show up, but yesterday i found winhex recorded in game memory. maybe its from some of the other more invasive things i do on my computer to the game that causes it to record my files...i dunno, im still testing..be sure to give details once i figure it out.

but it would be smart to rename files like expHACK or logBOT to something thats not as obvious, just in case, like i would remove the words "hack" and "bot" from any files i run if i were you.

but so far normal usage of exphack and logbot doesnt cause the game to record anything, ive found the filenames of antivirus software in there before, so i disguised my filenames to look like av software and microslop products.

anyways if filenames were found yesterday and not today then nothing is being saved, isnt it illegal to send that kinda info to the server without my permission anyways? hopefully i will cause the game to record the filenames again so i can figure out what makes the game do that. i wouldnt worry too much if i were you, just something to be cautious of is all

<hr>Append on May 15 2007, 03:51<hr> 9310ac 12303d1 maybe its same addresses for everyone, sometimes i find filenames there, other times not. the second addess is where my accountID is at as well as the last message i sent, strange filenames show up there........

the game appears to record all kinds of filenames, i havent figured out what triggers it because it records stuff that doesnt do anything of the cheatting nature as well. maybe it only records the last file i opened or something?

i know i ran logbot all day and when i came home i was unable to find it in the games memory, later i restarted the game and opened logbot and found it in memory....i seem to be able to make lots of programs show up in game memory, so i kinda think it has something to do with the last file i opened.

so i would strongly recommend if you use any third party software, change the filenames to look like something friendly aka remove "bot" and "hack" from filenames. maybe this is how tq knew so much about when people were using speedhack

<hr>Append on May 15 2007, 04:19<hr> FALSE ALARM i will explain in another post