Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Eudemons and Ubuntu

Discussion on Eudemons and Ubuntu within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Eudemons and Ubuntu

Well the topic tells it's self. As of right now I have EO running on Ubuntu 10.04. Only thing I need is the correct font. After tinkering around for about four hours or so I finally got EO to run. I have noticed few have made it to the log in screen. I made it past the log in screen and actually into the server but sadly none of the letters/ numbers etc actually appear. So you pretty much get npc's with nothing. As of right now I really need the correct font package for Ubuntu 10.04 and EO. I may end up finding it here soon let's just hope that I do. That way I can kick windows in the ***. But as of right now I need sleep running on less than Three hours of sleep and I have class in less than Seven hours. Hopefully someone has an answer.
Old 11/05/2010, 19:20   #2

who the heck cares about ubuntu?...it sucks, its idiotic to have a such OS when being a gamer, use the brain
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/05/2010, 19:37   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vans123 View Post
who the heck cares about ubuntu?...it sucks, its idiotic to have a such OS when being a gamer, use the brain
Let me go ahead and school you on some thing kid. With the field of study I am in. I think it's a personal choice for me to choose Ubuntu over Windows for the type of things I do. I have more access to a variety of things in which I see benefits me. Some one like you wouldn't quite understand these types of things because for the simple fact is that you wouldn't take it very seriously. Not only does it help me in my field of study it also helps with other projects that I do. Just because your brain can't comprehend it doesn't mean you have to flame some one's post. As I see it if you don't know the answer or some thing that will benefit me or others I do not see a reason for your post.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/05/2010, 20:52   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,210
Quote:
Kindly take your ignorance elsewhere please it is not needed around here. When you learn other OS's rather than just windows you open yourself to more and more oppertunitys rather than just being single minded. I have toyed with Ubuntu as well as a couple other OS's. Mind you i perfer windows, however ubuntu reminds me quite a bit of Dos and my wife likes it.

Food for thought if you close your mind to other doors, you limit what you can learn.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/05/2010, 21:03   #5

Ubuntu to me just fits me better than Windows. But every one is entitled to their own opinion.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/08/2010, 16:26   #6

When i said i wont use ubuntu couse i cant use my **** brain?...
i said the logical side of a gamer, EUDEMONS=MMORPG=Grinding, hours and maybe at the end some days of gaming, which has WINDOWS as the best OS to be used with it!

If you are a game developer/Coding/Reverse engineering, whatever **** you want to do from your life, go develope an open sourse OS if you want, but if you see it by the logical and simple side, Ubuntu isnt the best OS to be a gamer, which playing EO makes you one of them
Old 11/09/2010, 03:35   #7

Quote:
When i said i wont use ubuntu couse i cant use my **** brain?...
i said the logical side of a gamer, EUDEMONS=MMORPG=Grinding, hours and maybe at the end some days of gaming, which has WINDOWS as the best OS to be used with it!

If you are a game developer/Coding/Reverse engineering, whatever **** you want to do from your life, go develope an open sourse OS if you want, but if you see it by the logical and simple side, Ubuntu isnt the best OS to be a gamer, which playing EO makes you one of them

I will keep my mouth shut on this one. Do not need it turning into a flame fest. So if you wouldn't mind please do not post back unless you have some thing helpful to say. Thank you.

Note to DeadPool - Sorry if this turned into a flame fest. Some people just don't understand.
Old 11/09/2010, 05:44   #8

elite*gold: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by [GM]Death[PM] View Post
I will keep my mouth shut on this one. Do not need it turning into a flame fest. So if you wouldn't mind please do not post back unless you have some thing helpful to say. Thank you.
^This
Old 11/09/2010, 12:25   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Arthur View Post
^This
Not to sure I know what that means. O.o
Old 11/10/2010, 00:42   #10

Quote:
"Some people just don't understand"=ARENT YOU THAT *******?
Hey dude, you are going on wrong topic... I suggest you change that post or you will get a warning or something harsh, because you are harassing/name calling.

OT: I found a Win98 PC once and ran the Ubuntu CD on it.. Only lasted for sweet 20 mins.. Next thing you know.. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!! Lol. i still have the Ubuntu CD and i wanna install it but i'm not the only one using this PC :/
Old 11/10/2010, 03:55   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeBox View Post
Hey dude, you are going on wrong topic... I suggest you change that post or you will get a warning or something harsh, because you are harassing/name calling.

OT: I found a Win98 PC once and ran the Ubuntu CD on it.. Only lasted for sweet 20 mins.. Next thing you know.. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!! Lol. i still have the Ubuntu CD and i wanna install it but i'm not the only one using this PC :/
Is the version of Ubuntu lower than 9.04? Mainly because the hardware Isn't supported for some computers until 9.04 and up. If you want to, Try downloaded 10.10 or 10.04 and burning it to a cd. You can download 10.10 on the Ubuntu website.

Also send me the model and a list of your hardware specs and I will see if I can help you get it figured out.

Just let it go man. Lessens the future issues. If he doesn't correct him self it's his fault.
Old 11/10/2010, 04:06   #12

U can install the fonts of windows, or check the directory .fonts and add the fonts of windows. It can work.
Old 11/10/2010, 06:14   #13

Im very interested in your progress with Ubuntu im a casual Ubuntu user and i had a quick attemp at this in Kubuntu with no where near your success. How much more efficient this will make running a server will benefit us all. heres a basic sudo to get MS Core Fonts ($sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts) and heres a way to intergrate windows fonts i found a while back in a forum by this dude Nathan

This is a tutorial teaching you how to retrieve all your fonts from your Windows partition, and having them in Ubuntu. It's pretty simple and quick, and you'll have all your favorite fonts! Hurray for Wingdings!

First, you need to mount your Windows partition (skip these steps you are already mounted). You should know if you've mounted this or not; if you can access your files from your Windows partition by clicking an icon on your desktop, you are in business. If not, open up Terminal and type in the following:

sudo mkdir /media/windows

This action will ask for a password, type it in. Once done, a new folder called 'windows' will be located at Places --> Computer --> Filesystem --> media.

sudo mount /dev/hda1 /media/windows/ -t ntfs -o nls=utf8,umask=0222
All this gibberish means that your windows partition is now mounted in /media/windows.

Next, we move our fonts from windows to ubuntu.

Start here if your windows partition is already mounted!

Because people may have already mounted windows and placed it under a different name, we are going to copy and paste the fonts from windows in Ubuntu, rather than just grab them from windows directly.

So, go to Places --> windows (below 'Computer') --> WINDOWS --> Fonts

And your fonts are right there! Press Ctrl+A to select them all, and then Ctrl+C to copy them.

Now, go to your desktop, right click and make a new folder called 'fonts'. Open the folder, and press Ctrl+V to paste the fonts in there.

Open up Terminal (if you closed it), and type in

cd Desktop/fonts

This will change the working directory to the directory you just made. Next,

sudo cp *.ttf *.TTF /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/

This copies the folder's fonts to ubuntu's font list.

Your done! Go to System --> Preferences --> Font and check 'em!

You may now delete the fonts folder you made on your desktop; no longer needed.

Bonus: You may also need to rebuild your font cache, I do not know if this is needed.

sudo fc-cache -f -v

hope this helps
Thanks
5 Users
Old 11/10/2010, 07:14   #14

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,210
very nicely done man. I am sure the OP will find this very usefull
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/10/2010, 20:15   #15

Alright well I officially have Eudemons running on Ubuntu thanks to that guide I was able to retrieve the correct font. Although wine has been giving me some issues I should have it working in the next few days. For those who are interested in running a server on Ubuntu give me approximately Two - Three weeks. School really has me packed so at the moment I can barely get to it but about an hour a day. As I said give me some time and I will have a full guide on how to run Eudemons on Ubuntu. Main thing is making sure it is running properly with no issues.

Thank you to those who were of support.

Tags
linux