Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 03:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

request:auto refreash status checker

Discussion on request:auto refreash status checker within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
request:auto refreash status checker

hi elitepvpers, anyone here have a auto refreashed status checker every 60 sec

code

thnx....
Old 09/18/2010, 00:13   #2

Received Thanks: 5,291
The only way to do that is fresh the page itself as far as I know.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/18/2010, 01:33   #3

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,208
actually this can be done easly ... guides are on net (look via google)...

true reason why I write here is to tell you:
DO NOT DO SUCH A SCRIPT like auto refresh of your serv stats (how much logged or online etc...)
this will bring you only problems ... imagine when looots of peoople will visit and leave your web open .... every 10 second web will be sending request to serv to check info .... you can be sure this can stress you mysql in some way (depending on frequency and number of visitors..)

well its only a friendly suggestion
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/18/2010, 03:46   #4

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulerman View Post

true reason why I write here is to tell you:
DO NOT DO SUCH A SCRIPT like auto refresh of your serv stats (how much logged or online etc...)
this will bring you only problems ... imagine when looots of peoople will visit and leave your web open .... every 10 second web will be sending request to serv to check info .... you can be sure this can stress you mysql in some way (depending on frequency and number of visitors..)

well its only a friendly suggestion
you have your server backup those stats every 5 mins or 1 min or w/e that way it only adds a little more stress to a webserver which should be setup to handle a lot of traffic ....

a database driven site should be easy to use this in since its already pretty much set ...

really think the question was directed at online status though in which case ild suggest checking ever 5 mins or even getting it every 5 mins from a blackoutgamiming status to reduce sql usage fully

@exorcismperson
as for auto refreshing .. depends on how you want to do it .. there is many many ways to refresh a page

• HTML header refresh
  • JavaScript refresh
  • Ajax refresh
  • PHP refresh
that's just to name a few ... it depends on what sort of environment your status is in as to what refresh is best ... wouldn't really refresh a whole page just to update 1 line of text every min for example
Old 09/18/2010, 07:57   #5

thnx for the advise guys
Old 09/20/2010, 21:17   #6

if u really wish for this , i could actually do only the include refresh , for example u will include a stats page in ur website , u can actually refresh the only page in the website , with out refreshing the whole website..

But i dont recommend adding refreshing into your site , as it gives server load.. 20x more then normal website.
Old 09/22/2010, 00:29   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulNecturn View Post
10000% true. But no one knows how to use a Search Engine. Or at least, i doubt they do.