Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 05:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[hack]howto use a dynamic ip with a server with out changing ip/server files

Discussion on [hack]howto use a dynamic ip with a server with out changing ip/server files within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 90
Lightbulb [hack]howto use a dynamic ip with a server with out changing ip/server files

hi all
i read here a lot of topics , its nice to see some more servers those days , but its badly enouf only hamachi servers because the most hosts got a dynamic ip ( change every day)

now , before i going explain what to do to solve this problem , so you can run a server with a dynamic ip with out changing your server config files every day

this guide can be used for everything , for a static ip / a vps server or even a dedicated server

but i wont suggest to do that , as it can give a lot of problems

so ... only use it if you got a DYNAMIC ip

and for the smart guys under us , before even trying this , be sure that you know how to get port 80 open on your computer (that they are able to conect to your extern ip )
i wont explain how to do that as there are enouf guides here that explains that
but there is no guide that explains this small hack (its not realy a hack , its basic stuff ...)

first of all
lets start with this guide
this are the things i going explain
  • how to make your dynamic ip to a website (making it static)
  • what to change and how it works
  • what to do after it ?? (why does this works)

ok , lets start with the first 1

1)
please go to dyn-dns or a other provider that gives a website pointed to your ip , download the program and follow the guides there (its a program that updates your ip every XX hours)

if that is done , try it out to see if port 80 is working , do you see your own site (with wamp for example)

if yes , please continue , if no ... then search for a guide how you need to do it

2)
now it is time to release the big secret that i hate to release , as it is so usefull that you dont need a vps/dedi anymore to get that static ip ^^ (you still need Quality ofcourse but thats not the point here)

after you registered your website (see 1) ) then it is time to put that website in your oem.dat like the below example
Code:
Ip1=demonpower.dyndns.org
instead of
Code:
Ip1=127.0.0.1
to explain why it works , please read 3)

UPDATE:
it seems that the client crash when you try to do that
so you need to put your server ip in there (the ip you current have)

you can use this way instead to be sure that they always got the latest patch if your ip is changing (so you just change oem.dat with your new ip and you bring a patch out)

go to your autopatch folder and change SocketConfig.ini
change it so it looks like below
Code:
Server1=电信 game.dyndns.org 9528 game.dyndns.org 9528
as you see , change it instead of your ip like the example above

please note , you still need to bring out a patch every time your ip changes

after you dit that is it time to change some nice settings in the server config files

you only NEED 1 ip
on the files you see this code on a lot of locations
Code:
localhost
or this code
Code:
here is a example
Code:
[Database]
DB_IP		=127.0.0.1
Code:
[System]
SERVERIP =localhost
LEAVE those 2 ALONE and do not change it , it is not needed to as that is to make a conection to your local server and have nothing to do with where the users conect to ...

you see somewhere this code to
Code:
[InternetPort]
MASTER_IP	= 127.0.0.1
you putted there your hamachi ip to get your hamachi server online

now the fun start
change that ip (and on the other files ) that you putted there to make your server working to the below ip

Code:
so it looks like
Code:
[InternetPort]
MASTER_IP	= 0.0.0.0
after that is done , restart everything and congrats , you got a catch all adress and you NEVER need to change your config files again as it will work on all ip's

now it is time to explain everything so you can understand why it need to be done that way and why it is only usefull if you got a dynamic ip

3)
a dynamic ip is a ip that change every XX time
so it is realy hard work to get that working , you need to bring out patches every day and you need to send everytime a new realm (where the server is located like oem.dat)to your players
that is why you need to put that website you got from dyn-dns in it

the realm resolve the domain name to a ip adress , so a ip adress is not needed as the website give the same effect

as the website is updated every XX hours with your fresh ip does they never need to change the realm , it just stays up to date as your ip change

so that problem is just fixed with it

now the other part
Code:
why do i say to put that ip adress in it ?? that does not seems like a ip adress ??
well , the above ip adress is a CATCH ALL ip adress, meaning that it takes every single ip adress it can get , and listen to all ip adresses that points to your pc

so if you are on hamachi , you can conect , if you are on localhost you can conect (at the same time) or if your friend conects to your ip , it will work (all at the same time)

for that reason do i not recommerd it to use it with hamachi/dedicated/vps , as it takes all your ip's and makes you vurnable for big atks on ip's you do not even use

wamp use the same system to get conected to your extern adress (apache basicly)

that small thing is basicly the biggest hack there is to prevent changing your files over and over again

if you do the above stuff right , then the users will always be able to conect to you , even if your ip is changed (as 0.0.0.0 takes that new ip (catch all) , and the dyn-dns tool updates your website+realm (as it is pointed to the website)

if you got more questions about this , feel free to ask
but DO NOT ASK HERE FOR HELP ABOUT HOW TO SETUP A SERVER

i am here to help with this release , but not to setup your server .... there are guides for

a small note , i dit not tested this yet , but it should work
it is possible that you need to reboot the server to get the new ip binded , but normal that is not even needed as it accept all conections from all ip's that points to your pc

then why do i not recommerd it for dedicated servers ? its nice to get a easy setup ??

well , mostly (and specialy my dedicated servers) have 5 ip adresses located to your dedicated, so put it on a catch all and you can conect to the server from the 5 differend ip's , banning a user or even checking where teh user came from can get realy confused (firewall stores conected ip) and probaly you wont figure it out where it came from

they can use it to to do a multi atk on your server , as they atk to 5 ip's at the same time and they are conected to the server ... i dont need to explain what damage that can do

same for a static ip , it is not needed to put that as you got a static ip
and for a vps , same reason as the dedicated server , some providers give you 3 ip's , others only 1 ip

hopley you like this release
and again , i only released it because i was tired of all the questions i got to setup a server , and i was tired to see a lot of hamachi servers when they got there website on there own dynamic ip (and a few other reasons)

enjoy the hack , make some fun , show your skills and proof that you can competite in the gaming world by making your first public server with out hamachi

Greetings From PowerChaos
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/09/2010, 22:33   #2

elite*gold: 0
Looks Awesome Guide but there is somethings seems kinda strange when i have already port 80 but when i put localhost / 127.0.0.1 in my server files players cant connect also about oem when i put my dyn-dns host there its never connect to the game i think the oem is only accepting the numbers not letters maby !! also this part is not shown in my server files
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crasher View Post

you see somewhere this code to
Code:
Internet
you putted there your hamachi ip to get your hamachi server online
Also the part of 0.0.0.0 in this part you mean to put this numbers as the external ip or replace it with the " Internet " ?
Old 09/09/2010, 22:56   #3

i dont know what there stands exactly and that is why i used internet (should be in there somwhere on the game server config , or something simmulair)

but you got in the game config file 3X a place to put your ip and on a few other files to ( 3 files in total if i am not wrong)

first is the mysql (conect to mysql) , the other is to conect to account server (should be localhost to ) and the last 1 is the internet port (game server to outer world ) or your external ip (where your hamachi ip should be )

on that last 1 you need to put the 0.0.0.0 so it binds to all ip's instead only the given ip

for the oem.dat , a website is the same as a ip , as your dns resolve (resolver) the domain name to a ip adress

localhost = 127.0.0.1 , so if you put localhost or you put 127.0.0.1 that stays both the same (localhost resolve to 127.0.0.1 )

if the names are a bit wrong , sorry for that , but it is a long time ago that i looked at the server files and i dont have them on my computer , so i coulnd check up the real names but i know out of my head where they are located (or close to)

hopely this solved your problem

ps: updated my first post with a better example
Old 09/10/2010, 01:30   #4

The Point Thats what iam talking about is it will never work with the Dyn-Dns host website in the oem never !! i tryed alot its wont work its just accepting numbers ! when i put my host in the Oem's its wont connect to the game while i can use my host in the server files but in the game oem cant ! thats the point which all the dynamic users need to know how to make the Dyn-Dns host works in the oem !
Old 09/10/2010, 02:26   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.h.u.n.d.e.r View Post
The Point Thats what iam talking about is it will never work with the Dyn-Dns host website in the oem never !! i tryed alot its wont work its just accepting numbers ! when i put my host in the Oem's its wont connect to the game while i can use my host in the server files but in the game oem cant ! thats the point which all the dynamic users need to know how to make the Dyn-Dns host works in the oem !
your right , i am trying it now and the game just crash when you put a domain name in it instead a ip (strange , should work as it works on other games the same way )
but it resolve it to the ip like it need to be (as it only crash on a valid domain name pointed to your server)

i am messing a bit around with it in meantime to see if i can find a solution for the crash
if i cant find a solution then only the ip information can come in handy (not sure eather if it should work like it need to be)

i posted thsi with out testing it out (like you could read)
but i am testing all things out at this moment to see if i can verifie what is posted

update
it seems that it is only the client that refuse to work in the oem.dat

then there is a other solution for it (to bad that you need to patch a lot )

update your config file of your autopatch
as autopatch does not crash on the domain name

so it looks like this
Code:
[Server]
;格式:名称 关键更新服务器IP 端口号 关键预更新服务器IP 端口号
count=1
Server1=电信 game.demonpower.com 9528 game.demonpower.com 9528
its tested and it works for me , it patch with out a problem

on that way you can be sure that the users always get the latest patch if your ip change , set your server ip to 0.0.0.0 and you only need to change your oem.dat daily

there is so far no other way then doing it that way

maybe that that error (the reason why the game crash) can be fixed later on ? if it can be fixed then you got your solution

if it cant then it will never work , as it works fine on server site but the client cant seems to handle the request , from the moment it try to conect to the account server does it crash

sorry about this then

[updated my first post]
Old 09/10/2010, 10:44   #6

Its Working for the autopatch
Old 09/10/2010, 10:47   #7

Yup thats maby an idea looks like Hio Dyn Dns Play Tool its also updates the ip on the oems but there is small proplem for those who will use the autopatch since the ip changes every time so they need to change it / to make patch with the new ip for the autopatch the point here is what if the ip changes when the owner wasnt here so players will have to wait hours till the new patch release also there will be alot of proplems with dynamic users so i advice to use Dyn Dns Tool with making login tool / Lansher thats help to login to the game !
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/10/2010, 12:51   #8

This should be stickied.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/10/2010, 14:58   #9

agreed!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/10/2010, 15:43   #10

elite*gold: 246
Not sure [hack] was the best tag to use in this situation. Hopefully this doesn't become a problem thread b/c of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeBox View Post
This should be stickied.
We already have 11. I don't think we need any more.
Old 09/10/2010, 16:18   #11

ehhe ok king arthur sorry
Old 09/11/2010, 21:41   #12

elite*gold: 5
we have enough stickies as stated, im going to talk with DEADP00L about which ones should be removed, and which should be taken over by more active people.

on topic: i've seen this in this section before, but still its useful for beginners.