Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 11:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Disturbia Online: Prepare for the Gathering Storm

Discussion on Disturbia Online: Prepare for the Gathering Storm within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 07/04/2010, 19:48   #16

elite*gold: 0
if im not mistaken its just the autopatcher patch just get the manual ones from there forum
Old 07/04/2010, 22:00   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight^Hawk View Post
why is all your patches full of viruses? and no there not false positive.
I agree completely, perhaps you all would like to explain why your patches contain the sality virus?

Proof:

Information about the sality can be found at.

I've scanned every patch thats on their forum, Every one of them is infected with the Sality or a form of it.
Old 07/04/2010, 22:03   #18

are there i will take it down and put a link to the forum and run my virus software sorry.
Old 07/04/2010, 22:05   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmE View Post
are there i will take it down and put a link to the forum and run my virus software sorry.
Its not just your copy thats infected. Ive gone to their forums and downloaded and scanned every patch they have. They're all infected.
Old 07/05/2010, 01:45   #20

Sorry about the website. Our hosting providers are working to fix this problem now. The website should be back online within the next few hours. Thank you TimmE for providing that information to those that couldnt connect to the server.

The sality virus is not fale positive. Its on the old E4D autopatcher files which our autopatcher will not be using. So you can simply use your anti-virus software to remove these files. From what I have heard about sality, is that it starts infecting when you run the contaminated files. Which is, as stated, in the old autopatcher files. Our staff team is working to fix this problem and upload a clean patch. I will post on here when the patch has been updated and fixed.

As far as flaming goes, the thread will be deleted/locked if it continues.

Thanks for supporting our server and for your patience as we work to resolve the issues we have.

EDIT: Recent message from the support at our hosting providers:
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting our Technical Support Department.

I have activated your account with us. Your account and your site will become fully operational in half an hour. There will be no such problem in the future. Please clear your browser cache and try again or check this issue with a different browser and on a different computer.

If in the future you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,
Miles
EDITEDIT: Website is back online.

EDITEDITEDIT: To those that were only using the autopatcher to connect to our server: You cannot use just any client to connect, we have a system in place when logging in for the first time. This system will not allow anyone to use our server without our client. Sorry, please download the client instead.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/05/2010, 06:42   #21

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,210
Cruey, i am not taking sides right now but i have read the thread and i see no flaming or insulting just people asking valid questions. However you all did respond properly and you answered them politely and explained exactly what you are doing to fix the problem.

I do agree that if any flaming starts then i will delete the thread
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/06/2010, 16:42   #22

my anitvirus was offline and i just ran my comp over 1k viruses... how the hell did it sht off?! =(
Old 07/06/2010, 17:01   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmE View Post
my anitvirus was offline and i just ran my comp over 1k viruses... how the hell did it sht off?! =(
Looks like you didn't read the links I posted on the previous page. Heres something you would have know if you had read them.

Quote:

The threat also attempts to disable security software and modify security configurations. It alters the safe mode functionality to ensure it remains on the compromised computer. To help hide its presence and ensure continuity of execution, it will inject itself into all running processes except processes that belong to the system, the local service or the network service.
This quote was taken from

Under the image of servers and about the fourth paragraph down.

Heres a scan of every patch they have on their forums as of right now.

Cruey I would suggest that you have all your staff members who make patches scan and remove the issue.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/06/2010, 17:31   #24

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,210
i'd fire the staff members personally, This thread is locked untill the issue is resolved.
Closed Thread