Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 15:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[WTF] people read this

Discussion on [WTF] people read this within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[WTF] people read this

I just got a email from another server owner claiming i make people advertise on other servers including hes, heres a few people claimed to be advert spammers

accounts:

anita

anita1

anita4

anita7

emails:

in-game names:

ALIYN

~*LUCKY*~

~Vaynessa~

Amelia-Rose

These people aren't on my server and are most definitely not welcome here at darkside,

I just wanna get something clear to players/owners/staff
I donot allow this on my server and will never allow it from my players
anyone caught on my server will be banned simple
<NEO>[PM]
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/17/2009, 13:04   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
Sadly there will be people that do advert servers on others, they mostly have nothing to do with the owners sometimes it's even been found that it's another server doing it to give yours a bad name.

I suggest you just do as most others have, put it in your rules if it's reported to you request IP of the account doing this.

Then ban how you wish IMO it's up to the server being advertised on to enforce this rule, this is obviously not an inventation for people to make more work on servers by adverting though of course. Because those that do make unwanted enemies.

On a side note would you please take the time to read this thread as to prevent bad titling thankyou
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/17/2009, 14:35   #3

Did you put it in your rules aswell? I dont think that the owners of the servers should get the blame for what their players do, however whenever it happens to me i take contact with the owner in private and let them know what ip they use.. seeing e-mails and account names can easily change. What the owner does from there is his/her responsibility.
If i get a message about someone beeing on someone elses server and advert Eden. they are no longer allowed on there.
I really think we should try and work together and stay on an even ground when it comes to things like this. it bugs everyone out BUT it's not the owners saying go here and there do this blablabla. It's the players and they are the ones who needs to know that doing this causes themselves problems. not the servers.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/18/2009, 02:00   #4

this email was sent as that player was claming to be staff at your server .... i sent an email to check if you knew who she was before i went and posted - which i was about to do when i found out how she was doing it .... things like "everything here but better" really is a good way to **** me off all i ask is that you look in your logs for that player who im 99% sure would atlest (if shes not the staff which she calmed to be) play on your server

but she has been banned on my server and by the sounds of things you also ban for this ... i was trying to bring it to your attention in a nice way ...

-hio77
Old 12/18/2009, 09:29   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hio77 View Post
this email was sent as that player was claming to be staff at your server .... i sent an email to check if you knew who she was before i went and posted - which i was about to do when i found out how she was doing it .... things like "everything here but better" really is a good way to piss me off all i ask is that you look in your logs for that player who im 99% sure would atlest (if shes not the staff which she calmed to be) play on your server

but she has been banned on my server and by the sounds of things you also ban for this ... i was trying to bring it to your attention in a nice way ...

-hio77
ahh now i know who u are, in the email i sent back was probly a bit nasty but i dont like when im blamed 4 things that i donot condone personally.
but enough bout that,
in the email i said ive checked my db and logs and i cant find those names or that ip for that matter,but that doesnt mean they dont play on darkside this stupid idea of dynamic ip is proving hard for me to track and bann known cheats etc
i can assure you that all measures are being taken to rid my server of these complete tools
i am quite happy to work with u on this prob if u get anymore i would apreciate if you could send me there details so i can rid them from my server
as said in the posts above they just cause unwanted grief
i am a father of 3 young children and i work 83 hours a week and i made this server mainly for my friends to play not to b #1 so i have no want to advert anywhere but elitepvpers (the best forum ever might i add)
if there are any other servers getting these ppl adverting my server pls forward there info to it will be my pleasure to ban these parasites

ty for the support funhacker,snailtrail, hio77 and everyone else =]
<NEO>[PM]
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/18/2009, 19:09   #6

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,208
pimpjuc, Hio77, everyone .... jsut dont worry - dont care so much ... nothing is happening to be so angry (I know since In similar situation heh and after so much tile later it seems this is no reason to get madness here )

When my server was released online, not more then 2 weeks later I spotted on this forum like Necron made Big thread about me being responsible by some kind of player that BCed in his server that there is new server and all are invited (more less...)... anyway besides the fact I belive it was an old player of his server who moved to me then, I wasnt as well able to find who ...

Anyway the point is that it was happening, it is and will be happening I am more then sure all pservers meet with this and from time to time meeting

Lets say we owners will release each other from promoting on other servers (becasue there really is no reason to do this :/).... but there always happen player who will move and BC something etc ... but its not owner responsibility ....

JUST BAN on your server this player... you cant do much more LOL heheh

Ultimately - stay calm and good luck with baning these bad players heheh Lets take some calm during this pre Christmas times :P :P

Heh Regards
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/19/2009, 10:22   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpjuc View Post
ahh now i know who u are, in the email i sent back was probly a bit nasty but i dont like when im blamed 4 things that i donot condone personally.
but enough bout that,
in the email i said ive checked my db and logs and i cant find those names or that ip for that matter,but that doesnt mean they dont play on darkside this stupid idea of dynamic ip is proving hard for me to track and bann known cheats etc
i can assure you that all measures are being taken to rid my server of these complete tools
i am quite happy to work with u on this prob if u get anymore i would apreciate if you could send me there details so i can rid them from my server
as said in the posts above they just cause unwanted grief
i am a father of 3 young children and i work 83 hours a week and i made this server mainly for my friends to play not to b #1 so i have no want to advert anywhere but elitepvpers (the best forum ever might i add)
if there are any other servers getting these ppl adverting my server pls forward there info to it will be my pleasure to ban these parasites

ty for the support funhacker,snailtrail, hio77 and everyone else =]
<NEO>[PM]
i never got your reply for some reason but thats ok .... sorry if ya didnt relise who i was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulerman View Post
pimpjuc, Hio77, everyone .... jsut dont worry - dont care so much ... nothing is happening to be so angry (I know since In similar situation heh and after so much tile later it seems this is no reason to get madness here )

When my server was released online, not more then 2 weeks later I spotted on this forum like Necron made Big thread about me being responsible by some kind of player that BCed in his server that there is new server and all are invited (more less...)... anyway besides the fact I belive it was an old player of his server who moved to me then, I wasnt as well able to find who ...

Anyway the point is that it was happening, it is and will be happening I am more then sure all pservers meet with this and from time to time meeting

Lets say we owners will release each other from promoting on other servers (becasue there really is no reason to do this :/).... but there always happen player who will move and BC something etc ... but its not owner responsibility ....

JUST BAN on your server this player... you cant do much more LOL heheh

Ultimately - stay calm and good luck with baning these bad players heheh Lets take some calm during this pre Christmas times :P :P

Heh Regards
we are calm ... or at lest are now .... a few hrs after sending this email i did feel bad for it but its over and delt with now ... it dose concern me that a player that aint even on his server is advertising them but oh well..