Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Translator

Discussion on Translator within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Translator

Hello guys,

Anyone here had translator software or any tools regarding translating utf-8 to chinese chars?

I have read and searched -- NJStar aint working for me, still pasting the same utf8 char -- tried some online translator -- NO AVAIL, hmppff..

If there isn't a tool, perhaps a guide?

Thanks much
Old 09/21/2015, 17:10   #2

elite*gold: 540
notepad ++
Old 09/22/2015, 10:29   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlemonkey View Post
notepad ++
how to?
Old 09/22/2015, 17:38   #4

Or use your imagination, simply find what the NPC does and then make your own words up, otherwise it will look ****
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/23/2015, 19:17   #5

So guys, anyway, cq_action table for me doesn't work.

Once I try to translate its "param" attribute, I log on to the game, test it out, and the NPC will not pop up any message. I know it's a bug, but I can't debug it unless I know where to fix it.... Anyone encountered the same problem before? A little help again is appreciated
Old 09/23/2015, 20:19   #6

Lmao, How can you Debug it ? if you dont know where to fix it, thats practically asking us to fix it for you lol
Old 09/24/2015, 10:04   #7

I didn't ask for anyone here to debug the whole **** database. I am asking for help on what went wrong, why it wouldn't work when I translate the param attribute.

And if you can't keep yourself altogether from mocking questions like this, just stay the heck out. I'm pretty sure there are more decent and nice people out here who would try to help me out a little without even telling me the whole process.

Trex/Steve, please don't bother replying, if you don't have anything nice to say here. Learn some RESPECT, you'll gonna need it in life.
Old 09/24/2015, 10:41   #8

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljunielou View Post
So guys, anyway, cq_action table for me doesn't work.

Once I try to translate its "param" attribute, I log on to the game, test it out, and the NPC will not pop up any message. I know it's a bug, but I can't debug it unless I know where to fix it.... Anyone encountered the same problem before? A little help again is appreciated
Ok you must remember about few most important things.
Some action types like "102" require from you not have any Space between texts... So when translating from chinese these params you must replace " " (space) with "~" so system will interprete it as space to continue.

For "101" this is not required...
There are few types that require to use ~ - cant list you here now as it require to search in database to remind (so the same search you can do on your database or any other example one available around ).
So check this out and attach this change.

Most probably when you hit your NPC with translated text it is just stopping at these 102 types anyway

And stedabest321 is right about fact you should use own words as best - translated by translator will not help much as it wil be so broken and out of sense sentences that will make same mess in players mind like it would be orginally in chinese...
Try to do this way.

Get into game as PM character (so you will see all actions in left bottom chat).
Then get to chosen by you NPC. hit it and scan IDs ... Then locate them and translate by hand this section OR (easier for me) make totally new actions for this NPC with same functions and texts
In database you will have more chinese texts then you will ever see in game actually - most chinese DBs containing old trashes that you dont need or can just delete as not useful. Thats why focusing on what you really need and wish inside game is better then raw mass translation which will brings you Only loadso of errors later

Cheers and good luck
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/24/2015, 11:42   #9

@SoulNecturn.. yes, I am using my own words. Chinese to english translation are truly crappy... but I only rephrase it once I know what's the english of the original scripts, else I have no idea what it is all about. I will try the method you've given. Will update soon. Thanks!
Old 09/25/2015, 04:18   #10

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,210
Stedabest come on man you know you are better than this, dont stoop to his level. Remember eventually everyone on the forum sees the truth about people.
Old 09/25/2015, 15:53   #11

True that Deadpool Ty

If this person is asking questions like they are such simple ones, how to translate lol, Then ... EO will be dead by the time he/she could ever get a server online xD