Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 23:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

XENA: Server Source-Code Project

Discussion on XENA: Server Source-Code Project within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Smile XENA: Server Source-Code Project

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've posted here, so I hope you'll welcome me back. For a long time now this section has become pretty inactive due to the fact it's development has been totally stunted. Well I'm back with a solution. It's come up on the forum before about server source but noone was really willing to put the time in to develop an actual source for the server, so that we could expand on the functions and features of EO private servers. Besides hio, who went MIA during his project. Pretty much I gave up waiting and took the advice that was given to me to start learning the language and write my own source.

So since months ago I started taking the online tutorials and did alot of study. Finally since about a week ago I've been confident in my skill to start the project and actually found its easier to learn what you don't understand by doing the practical work and finding all the references you need with google. Anyway I think I should start by explaining my understanding of things to people that barely grasp the idea of what a source code actual is. If my understanding is wrong your welcome to correct me, but don't tell me I'm acting like an expert where I have no clue because I'm learning like anyone else.

A source code is the actual coding of a program. The source code is written and then you have the program which is called the binary or bin. With the current server programs we use like ACCServer, MSGServer, etc. They are binarys and noone has the source code that actually made the programs. This is why we cant develop any further, because we are stuck developing within the limits of these binarys. So with a source-code we can make new binarys and be able to break those limitations and develop a range of new functionality. For example, new artificial intelligence for monsters (how the monsters behave and what they do, like do they run around? do they attack players? etc.), new action types, new events, theres so much you can do!

At the moment I'm working to develop a source code up to the current standard we have with the binarys. So pretty much Im trying to replicate the server programs we have already. Later we can develop for the newer clients and have their features, but its easier for me to do it the way I am because the way the client we use works, is without encryption. Which is a whole bunch of crazy stuff I just get overwhelmed with and literally implode.

So yeah this is my project and heres my progress. It may seem little, but its actually a big deal because its literally like opening a gate and finding a bunch of puzzle pieces, whats left is to make the picture!

New Server Programs:

This is what the new server programs look like, its a console that runs alot faster than what we have to work with these days. At the moment the account server does extract the account information but it actually doesnt do anything with it, I'm leaving the account check for later and just focusing on developing the game server and its functions as its more of a priority. So pretty much you can login with any account, with any server name defined in OEM and any password and it will log you into my character.

Client:
So its pretty basic with little function, but like I said, puzzle pieces! Pretty much everything needs to be redeveloped. The chat needs to be redeveloped, items, NPCs, dialogues, all functionality needs to be redeveloped. But when its done its going to make for an amazing expansion to eo private servers!!

I'm committed to seeing this project complete and I hope you can support me! I'll be posting updates everytime I make a new milestone, add a new function, etc to here and the new facebook page.

Thanks
13 Users
Old 04/14/2014, 11:37   #2

Sounds great Cure! That's some amazing work. The possibilities are endless.
Old 04/14/2014, 12:44   #3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruey View Post

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've posted here, so I hope you'll welcome me back. For a long time now this section has become pretty inactive due to the fact it's development has been totally stunted. Well I'm back with a solution. It's come up on the forum before about server source but noone was really willing to put the time in to develop an actual source for the server, so that we could expand on the functions and features of EO private servers. Besides hio, who went MIA during his project. Pretty much I gave up waiting and took the advice that was given to me to start learning the language and write my own source.

So since months ago I started taking the online tutorials and did alot of study. Finally since about a week ago I've been confident in my skill to start the project and actually found its easier to learn what you don't understand by doing the practical work and finding all the references you need with google. Anyway I think I should start by explaining my understanding of things to people that barely grasp the idea of what a source code actual is. If my understanding is wrong your welcome to correct me, but don't tell me I'm acting like an expert where I have no clue because I'm learning like anyone else.

A source code is the actual coding of a program. The source code is written and then you have the program which is called the binary or bin. With the current server programs we use like ACCServer, MSGServer, etc. They are binarys and noone has the source code that actually made the programs. This is why we cant develop any further, because we are stuck developing within the limits of these binarys. So with a source-code we can make new binarys and be able to break those limitations and develop a range of new functionality. For example, new artificial intelligence for monsters (how the monsters behave and what they do, like do they run around? do they attack players? etc.), new action types, new events, theres so much you can do!

At the moment I'm working to develop a source code up to the current standard we have with the binarys. So pretty much Im trying to replicate the server programs we have already. Later we can develop for the newer clients and have their features, but its easier for me to do it the way I am because the way the client we use works, is without encryption. Which is a whole bunch of crazy stuff I just get overwhelmed with and literally implode.

So yeah this is my project and heres my progress. It may seem little, but its actually a big deal because its literally like opening a gate and finding a bunch of puzzle pieces, whats left is to make the picture!

New Server Programs:

This is what the new server programs look like, its a console that runs alot faster than what we have to work with these days. At the moment the account server does extract the account information but it actually doesnt do anything with it, I'm leaving the account check for later and just focusing on developing the game server and its functions as its more of a priority. So pretty much you can login with any account, with any server name defined in OEM and any password and it will log you into my character.

Client:
So its pretty basic with little function, but like I said, puzzle pieces! Pretty much everything needs to be redeveloped. The chat needs to be redeveloped, items, NPCs, dialogues, all functionality needs to be redeveloped. But when its done its going to make for an amazing expansion to eo private servers!!

I'm committed to seeing this project complete and I hope you can support me! I'll be posting updates everytime I make a new milestone, add a new function, etc to here and the new facebook page.

Nice work Crue ! Keep it up ! Let's make the EO Development Section Become Better !
Old 04/17/2014, 02:49   #4

elite*gold: 90
its nice xD

if you like i can offer a vps to develop it on the net , so other users can have a live demo or test out the stuff you got so far (or i can host it for you and keep the demo server alive )

sadly enough i got only skills in php (web) scripting so i am not much of a help for the source code ( c# or c++ or vb )

only thing i can offer to this project is basicly a vps server and run the server for 24/7 for easyer development ( and testers )

Greets From PowerChaos
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2014, 10:58   #5

Thanks for the offer, but I'll be constantly editing the source code, its probably easier and efficient if I just do it locally. Its going to awhile before I'll be able to actually run a test server on it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2014, 14:25   #6

elite*gold: 90
in early stage is it indeed better to run it localy
but as soon you got a alpha version ( stable ) then i am happy to provide the needed vps for this project and maintain it xD

that is atleast something i can do for this project xD
Greetings From PowerChaos
Old 04/18/2014, 00:22   #7

awesome work alright cruey
Old 04/20/2014, 09:02   #8

SuperB work
Old 06/06/2014, 17:30   #9

can u give me some tips i can use to make source too
coz i learned c# but idk from where i must start
Old 07/11/2014, 15:21   #10

Yo cruey how is project xena going?
How far have you managed to develop it and what language are you using?

Also do you need help with any of the development?
Old 07/23/2014, 12:27   #11

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf2 View Post
Yo cruey how is project xena going?
How far have you managed to develop it and what language are you using?

Also do you need help with any of the development?
^

currrrueee how you getting on? i see you have started up from pretty-much where i left off, well done
Old 07/24/2014, 06:52   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hio77 View Post
^

currrrueee how you getting on? i see you have started up from pretty-much where i left off, well done
Hey stranger :P Well it's been a slow learning process but I've made better progress over the past week.... I found out I could write a packet writer instead of writing every packet I learn individually lol. I got stuck on some of the networking stuff but seraf are his friends and getting involved so It's looking more and more promising. I'm just learning all the packet structures and then we get to piece the puzzle together ^^ Does this mean your back?
Old 07/24/2014, 06:57   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruey View Post
Hey stranger :P Well it's been a slow learning process but I've made better progress over the past week.... I found out I could write a packet writer instead of writing every packet I learn individually lol. I got stuck on some of the networking stuff but seraf are his friends and getting involved so It's looking more and more promising. I'm just learning all the packet structures and then we get to piece the puzzle together ^^ Does this mean your back?
progress is good to hear

me back? never? why would i be doing a thing like that..

oh.. wups.

on another note, ild love to skim over your packets, see if its all looking good
Old 07/24/2014, 12:22   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hio77 View Post
progress is good to hear

me back? never? why would i be doing a thing like that..

oh.. wups.

on another note, ild love to skim over your packets, see if its all looking good
Well heres one you could help me review, It's for the character info packet. I have a few missing that I still have yet to determine.

Like I can just go through trial and error testin but if you've already done it your help would be appreciated.
Old 07/24/2014, 13:19   #15

first thing i note, are you sure your not overextending some fields there?

mainly being Hair and power?

ild double check your power constitution, dexterity, speed, health and soul order too. by all respects mine could be off (i haven't double checked it as the bulk of the packet i already had sorted a good few years ago now..)

you PK points looks to be wrong, i have it noted as an offset of 72.

tokenpoints(uint) are at offset 88, directly followed by egghatch(ubyte)

vip level, once again, overextended values could be bad. (in saying this, i have noticed i may have stretched my wood values!)

this has struck me to double check my findings while i have ida oly and notes scattered across screens however..

when i looked at this packet, it was by capture and logic rather than tracing. so i have about 200MB of recorded packets for it... - yeah, i over did it a tad!