Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 14:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[New CrazyTao Server] MysticTao

Discussion on [New CrazyTao Server] MysticTao within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old 12/11/2013, 08:16   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruey View Post
Your website is delightful
I can only imagine why!
Old 12/11/2013, 18:58   #17

elite*gold: 540
actually on your site you should increase the width of your iframe on the left side so u can actually see whats inside it ... using a percentage as apposed to absolute values will make it size with the browser window ....
ideally you should use a div instead of an iframe or at least an object tag or it will have problems with internet explorer ....
iframes are for videos
also if its supposed to be stats you might want to put stats there instead of the whole register page inside a tiny iframe

cute pictures though
Old 12/12/2013, 11:51   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlemonkey View Post
actually on your site you should increase the width of your iframe on the left side so u can actually see whats inside it ... using a percentage as apposed to absolute values will make it size with the browser window ....
ideally you should use a div instead of an iframe or at least an object tag or it will have problems with internet explorer ....
iframes are for videos
also if its supposed to be stats you might want to put stats there instead of the whole register page inside a tiny iframe

cute pictures though
If iframes were used for videos specifically I think the tag would be called <video> and the width actually is used by percentage, if it were with an absolute pixel size then it would scale across the page.

Iframe tags have been around since before any other internet browser so I fail to see how you could think IE couldn't use it. The website is obviously a work in progress but I think it has all the required content for the time being.

I'm sure your expert knowledge will be considered, but unfortunately I think it's far from being able to ride the high horse you're sitting on. ^^
Old 12/12/2013, 14:50   #19

Thumbs down

my high horse obviously just got higher because you made the mistake of commenting rudely on my suggestion before you checked your answer ....

iframes are mostly for embedding video and later adapted to embed web pages and parts of them based on id tags. (since embed is not an actual tag)
and when they started using them they were great for that but because they were originally used for videos ie never picked it back up as a tag for anything else and as such internet explorer will NOT display iframes if they are used improperly for internet explorer.
otherwise u get something like this when you open it in internet explorer

now instead of taking my comment rudely you might have taken my suggestion of using a different tag that would work better for it and display your content in any browser as well as pass validation without all the frame errors
(a good way would be to use a div tag and call the source from the stylesheet)

as well whats up with the second domain name pointing to a directory in another crazytao site?

lol why not use the one domain completely and improve your load time

you chose to put me on a high horse so now I will ride it
Old 12/13/2013, 09:57   #20

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
For those following this. In both cases the iframe being used is not a standard code of practice. The general rule is iframes are used for "external" content. Like how facebook uses iframes to embed their games that are actually other websites. However for local content like menus and forms, you should always use another method like divs.
I say should, because standards are for those following them, no one enforces them, they are guidelines and nothing more. But if you wanted to be a professional you'd want to follow them.

As for iframes and incompatible browsers. Just add an &nbsp; and that should fix the issue in most cases.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/13/2013, 14:58   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruey View Post
LOOOOOOOOOOOL Is this your attempt to put me in my place? Well hero, you totally did that, but clearly you didn't have to because your releases and contribution to the forum speaks for itself. Oh wait, the only thing you ever did was show us how to change a number in the cq_user table.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make you an expert and I have yet to find you do a better website. But while were criticizing lets take a look up your skirt, shall we boys and girls?

i made that site over a year ago thanks for pointing that it isnt very updated however I do plan on making a new one soon anyways
this is not a zero section and my zero site does not belong here

I must have really hurt your feelings if you got so upset by it .. ... lol I have many websites that is only one of them and the oldest one i have ... how do you think I know that iframes have problems with internet explorer? because I have experience with them with my own sites as you so obviously pointed out lol
as well it has css for entries internet explorer and for mobile pages
(although captcha hates ie)
good job at making yourself look childish based on a suggestion to make it look better
directly abusing comments like that actually make you look very bad indeed and is against the rules here
also posting source for my site is really a tacky way to try and make yourself look big and break the posting rules yet again here
death i really hope you didnt pay for that free wordpress template
post reported

check myself? no check yourself before you get yourself wrecked
Old 12/13/2013, 22:31   #22

There is no point in arguing about it on our Server Post. It works and that is all that matters.
Old 12/14/2013, 01:36   #23

I give up, you're too pathetic its not even a joke anymore, it's your reality. LOL
Old 12/19/2013, 03:15   #24

Anyone else here like cake?
~Your Horrors
Old 12/21/2013, 00:00   #25

its this down or what i tryed to run ct client but the auto/manully patching dont work i was on this morning but now i cant log on whats going on????????????????????????????
Old 12/21/2013, 10:55   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dslayer View Post
its this down or what i tryed to run ct client but the auto/manully patching dont work i was on this morning but now i cant log on whats going on????????????????????????????
Check it out here on what was happening

Says they'll be back by morning (US standard time)
Old 01/07/2014, 21:25   #27

Soo , i believe this is not working anymore ? I can't register .. I really wanted to play the game again ..
Old 01/08/2014, 01:43   #28