Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 00:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Character Can't talk, NPC's Won't respond.

Discussion on Character Can't talk, NPC's Won't respond. within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Character Can't talk, NPC's Won't respond.

I've opened up a test server and when I log in with my MAIN client, I can't speak at all, It just says "You can't talk to yourself" no matter what kind of chat, or who is in my whisper box. Also, none of the NPC's are responding, I click them and seriously nothing happens, I have no idea what is causing this as when I use ANOTHER Client, It all works fine! I'm asking here to see if anyone could tell me what in my Main client is causing this? It's not really an option to swap client, as my Main client is important and I would VERY much like to fix it if I can.
Old 11/10/2013, 09:15   #2

elite*gold: 540
check StrRes
Old 11/10/2013, 10:58   #3

I looked, and it all appears fine. I tried the working one in my client, and It doesn't make any difference.
Old 11/11/2013, 12:14   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Murtah View Post
I looked, and it all appears fine. I tried the working one in my client, and It doesn't make any difference.
It's a very odd issue, I've never encountered it. To test the cause would be best to replace 1 file of your broken client with one from your working client until you eliminate what file it is...
Old 11/11/2013, 13:00   #5

elite*gold: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhacker View Post
It's a very odd issue, I've never encountered it. To test the cause would be best to replace 1 file of your broken client with one from your working client until you eliminate what file it is...
that was going to be my suggestion as well .... probably has something to do with lua strres or client action ...... because those are the usual ones that deal with messages in the game .... but who can say for sure without more info

one thing you can do is look in the debug folder in your client and see if there are any clues in the files there for what ur problem might be
Old 11/14/2013, 15:38   #6

I tried swapping out all of the Ini's one by one, as well as all of the .dll Files in the client directory, no change at all sadly.
Old 11/15/2013, 05:23   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
should replace ALL files one by one, that includes main EXE
also ensure you're using the EXACT same server,database and logins
Old 11/15/2013, 22:14   #8

I've run into this problem creating a crazy tao server.
Soul.exe <---- it does not match up perfect to current version.
I had this issue with phdev into paladin.
Old 11/16/2013, 11:24   #9

Hmm, Would you be able to provide a little more detail? It sounds like you have an idea.
Old 11/16/2013, 13:56   #10

You're going to have to provide some more information.
Dabatase/Client Version
Just to check, also post a screen shot.
We'll go from there.
Old 11/20/2013, 17:33   #11

#fixed
Issue resolved by moving NPC into market place actually accessible area.
Note:
Most haven't run into an issue like this because most already have the server 100% set up and don't need to move basic function NPCs
Thanks
3 Users