Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 05:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP] can somone host server but not db?

Discussion on [HELP] can somone host server but not db? within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP] can somone host server but not db?

well i have a player that can host 24/7 hamachi, but we dont want him to accses db, only we accses db, is that possible?
Old 01/13/2009, 18:43   #2

elite*gold: 20
hahahahahah that was very funny andirew......u are very funny....keep saying that jokes and we are gonna laugh forever go read some more topics before starting ur own server noob.....
Old 01/13/2009, 18:59   #3

Funny lol , Simple Question : DO you know how to create a Server!!
How come this
You Dont wana give the Hoster DB access , so how will the Acc+MSG+Npc servers connect to the DB by Magic ?? or you will give him a a DB read Access only , so no one can Create an acc or charcter !!!
Better Go and Read some Pserver Guides -.- than Spamming by Noob Questions
Simply Your Question means {Can i Run the Server Without MYSQL !!! }
Old 01/13/2009, 19:52   #4

lol, useless thread....
Old 01/13/2009, 20:08   #5

Actually its a pretty good question.
If you think about it cabal server had their db and server files hosted differently.
So why not in EO?
I've tried using my friend to host an EO db. And I've successfully directed my accountserver to my friends ip address. Provided you have permission on his mysql it works just fine.
I haven't tested for msg server but since accserver connected, it may or may not connect but I'm expecting that it will connect.
Old 01/14/2009, 13:48   #6

elite*gold: 20
nothing can protect you from DB being stolen. eo server must have full privs to work with mysql. that includes selects to account and my databases, updates and inserts aswell.
so it's possible to host db on server that doesn't run on same ip, however eo server hoster must have full access to your DB.