Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 19:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question]Is this ported right

Discussion on [Question]Is this ported right within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation [Question]Is this ported right

hey people i was wondering is this right cause i got all the ports in the modem bt home hub 3.0 and its still not working my server wont manager to start up ur help will help thanks [IMG] [/IMG]
Old 02/07/2012, 05:34   #2

elite*gold: 90
yes and no

this is to port forward to a differen port
not to forward your external ip to your internal ip

as you are on lan , your intern ip is something like 192.168.1.50
your external ip is something as 123.456.789.01

the thing this does is forwarding 123456..:80 to 192.168.1.1:90

you need to have a place where you can select the ip adress, and set that ip adress to your internal ip adress ( start -> run -> cmd -> ipconfig -> 192.168.1.X <-- your intern ip)

as soon that is done then you should be able to get external connections

other thing you can do is try to find DMZ
as DMZ opens all ports to a certain intern ip adress , and then you just use your firewall to block all other ports

that solution is the easy'st solution instead port forwarding ( or just put 1 - 65545 as range)

Greetings From PowerChaos
Old 02/07/2012, 10:27   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerChaos View Post
that solution is the easy'st solution instead port forwarding ( or just put 1 - 65545 as range)

Greetings From PowerChaos
When you port forward from 1-65545
that means you opened all ports. which leads to low security,viruses,malwares,even attacks.

so i suggest you use ur only ports that has something to do with EO..
and port 80 for appache if ur gonna host a site on your computer.

Solution from PowerChaos is really unsecure, but works too

---
Best Regards.
Old 02/09/2012, 02:06   #4

i took the ports out of translate to they only in port range now would that work ?