Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

update status script

Discussion on update status script within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 90
update status script

hi all
at this moment i am even more expanding the uptime status website

at the current moment it is still in beta and here is a alpha revieuw

please note that page can change at any time as it is not a livepage yet ( just on my computer to test and i got dynamic ip )

i just like to know what need to be changed or what you like to have added
so i can add the stuff to it

last request i got was this servercode page , so users could include the status

other tweak i added is the auto removal of "dead" servers , so if a server is not updated in less then 30 days then it get auto removed (as soon it hits dead will the counter start and reset when it hits back live)

on that way the page will only show online/active servers and users got about 30 days to fix there server

those checks are included to into the website gadget , so every visit of the site or load of the gadget will update the latest online status for your server

Thank you
Greetings From PowerChaos
comments are welcome :P
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/18/2011, 06:44   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,054
Quote:
<script type = "text/javascript">
function showForm(){
var selopt = document.getElementById("game").value;
if (selopt == 'none') {
document.getElementById("f1").style.display="none" ;
document.getElementById("f2").style.display="none" ;
}
if (selopt == 'eudemons') {
document.getElementById("f1").style.display="block ";
document.getElementById("f2").style.display="none" ;
}
if (selopt == 'conquer') {
document.getElementById("f2").style.display="block ";
document.getElementById("f1").style.display="none" ;
}
}
</script>
Huh ? .

the old one is much better ofc . i dont need to switch to every server to know if its on or off. but really . good job keep it up power ^^

would be better if u added a Details function .
Old 11/18/2011, 15:09   #3

it is just to select the server code :P

because some users asked me how they can show there server status on there site

what you exact mean with detais function ?

please note , this demo i provided are EXTRA functions that get added (same basicly as clicking on the server status icon on homepage) , the other things stays the same

Old 11/18/2011, 15:43   #4

details function is to let the user adding his Server and to add it's Info .. that would really help .
Old 11/18/2011, 16:52   #5

sorry , but you are realy confusing me at this point

adding his server is at (big change that this will not work because its my test site ...)

basicly eveything stays the same like it is now on
only difference what i will add is the above script that i created
so users can just copy a code to show the status on there own site

so what has detais to do with showing a icon that says online/offline ??

please define detais a bit more so i can understand what you mean
and keep this in mind , the page you see on my computer is to add extra stuff to the existing site ( its my test site , i test things local .. )

as soon it is good then i start working on powerchaos.info to apply the latest test files

Old 11/18/2011, 18:05   #6

i mean that below the Online/Offline status bar . u might try to give a space of the Players / guest comments ..
Old 11/19/2011, 03:34   #7

why would i place a spot on the status checker to allow players/guests to post comment ?

only thing that my script does and where it is made for is to check the status of a server , not to add good/bad comments from players (i like to stay neutral)

if they want to place comment then they can do it on this forum or on the server owner forum ^^

maybe i can add a certain vote script to it , so users can place votes but thats it then

Thanks
1 User