Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 06:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Legal Issues: Will I be fined for hosting a server?

Discussion on Legal Issues: Will I be fined for hosting a server? within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old 04/18/2011, 21:54   #16

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,210
@Sword believe me they have more resources than we believe at thier hands if they truely wanted to prusue us. And how do i know this because i have a talked with one of TQ lawyers myself on the phone when i was running the old FHEo. Trust me they were more than willing to press charges against me and my staff. They honestly do not worry about little hackers attacking them because if you think about it they have more power behind them then the hackers do. In the end just because they have not taken action against anyone does not mean they wont if pushed far and hard enough.

your chat logs are actually no proof of anything due to the fact that they can be easily faken. not to mention they truely have no bearing on anything. its a scriptkiddie making threats which amount to jack. Now i am not saying your logs are false however i am saying that as someone who knows how most minds work.

And TQ fear us...are you serious.. i can bet TQ knows all about the pservers that are out there and sees not one of them as a threat. The ones they actually see as threats get DnC orders. Please i am begging you before you ramble on without an shread of proof, known facts, you really really need to start thinking.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/18/2011, 22:20   #17

elite*gold: 0
Heres what i do-

Host the server on a VPS out of the U.S like me and youll be safe. In other words, don't use those cheap VPS's becasue they all are in the U.S and can be fc**** with but vps's like dehosts CANT be fc**** with so I hope i helped
Old 04/18/2011, 22:36   #18

If dehosts servers are located in the same country as the domain, then yes they can still be DnC'ed since Belgiums copyright laws are life +70 years

So TQ's copyrights are good for aslong as the person who made the binary is still alive, + 70 years after death.

Wikipedia:Copyright situations by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Will list countries with their respective copyright limits.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/19/2011, 05:17   #19

No offence sword, but I seriously doubt you worked with TQ. That makes 2 people now that have claimed to work there. TQ are TQ, they are an established buisness. They make more money than us, and money is power. Power is what they have. Its funny because they have well over 30 servers in china, so if you think about how much money they make on one server x 30+ then you take away what power we have over them = They still have more power. Lol

Whoever just tried to scare me into shutting my server down by sending me a PM on my forum thanks but your attempt failed. Im not a REMOVED idiot and maybe try changing the email you registered with to something more realistic next to you attempt to scare someone off their server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/19/2011, 16:11   #20

lol what happened cruey? who tried to scare you? if it was on your forms you would have there ip.
Old 04/19/2011, 16:50   #21

Received Thanks: 1,054
well DP if u think what happened in CO isnot correct check the CO section here and there forums.

and i already said . TQ got the power to do anything . but until now i guess they wont need trouble

@cruey . i really worked with them as a recruiter for 3 weeks i guess . and i was fired for a reason that i think its not important to mention here .

Regards
Old 04/19/2011, 17:09   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sword~Stalker~. View Post
well DP if u think what happened in CO isnot correct check the CO section here and there forums.

Regards
You're right someone did crash a conquer server, it was Royalty_UK, they have since moved the machine to the US which has stopped the issue so far. The guy used a very common way of doing this, anyone with a low ping and enough networks behind them could have done it. He's the only one who's managed to get in recently.
Old 04/19/2011, 17:28   #23

A recruiter? What do you mean "recruiter"? As in you just referred people to play at eo or what? If thats what you mean then I could say I "worked" there too. Lol

And yeah I have their IP address im just not sure what to do with it. Oh and some other guy just spammed my forum with justin beiber wallpapers, are they trying to amuse me or **** me off. LOL
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/19/2011, 18:35   #24

Received Thanks: 1,054
no a recruiter advertises the eo website and TQ forum details through forums / websites . same to other communities.
also he is the one who helps ppl in the game (no Eps / pps awards for a rec.)
i wasnot on much and in fact i didnt work well there .
Old 04/19/2011, 23:16   #25

Quote:
no a recruiter advertises the eo website and TQ forum details through forums / websites . same to other communities.
I think you meant Scout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morcion View Post
is the NY/Manhatten one? of them that obey copyright laws ?
Heart of US.. why not they obey laws there? i'm from Staten Island, ive gotten letters saying that i've downloaded copyrighted materials lol
Old 04/20/2011, 01:00   #26

Quote:
that does not mean you worked for them. they had a contest a long time ago to advertise eo and paid with ep that don't mean you work for tq, if it was like that then i can say i worked for tq as well .
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/20/2011, 06:04   #27

Received Thanks: 1,242
if you live in a country that doesnt obey by the laws but its hosted in a sever that is they can still shut it down

the main resigns i think they dont shut them down is 1. no1 can yet use any of the *** stuff "correctly" (yet) and everything like that 2. its more trouble then its worth to try shut down severs
Old 04/20/2011, 14:43   #28

this is off topic as for sorwd and Cru. Please close... We dont need a argument here.
Old 04/20/2011, 14:44   #29

Its clearly not off-topic and its a discussion. Not an argument.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2011, 19:07   #30

Quote:
Its clearly not off-topic and its a discussion. Not an argument.
Not the topic in geral but the argument about weather or not sowrd wrked for TQ is