Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting > EO PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 19:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[RELEASE] Tips on how to make your server NOT go down

Discussion on [RELEASE] Tips on how to make your server NOT go down within the EO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the EO PServer Hosting category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[RELEASE] Tips on how to make your server NOT go down

Hey guys, I was bored so i felt like making this....

This is basically a guide with tips like a eBook on how to make your server not go down.

1. Staff

Every server needs staff but sometimes servers have like 4 gm's and like 3 pm's and other normal players just dont want to play because they might think its boring because mostly everyone is staff. Now if your like Demons online, sure, having 8 people on your staff team is a necessary thing to have! You also want to make sure to get the best staff you can get. I Recommend that you dont give any of your staff DB assess to prevent any "accidents".

2. Free things

I know most people open server and are like " hey come join my server and ill give you like 2 million eps". Well even though that does get allot of people, it does make people bored and want to quit but THEY dont know it. I made this mistake and half my server got bored and just sat there all day long and so on...

3. Hosting

Most people host their server on their OWN computer at their house. This is a BAD idea. Now, you might have a 2 thousand dollar computer but, it could be dangerous to do network wise. If you host your server on your computer make sure that your computer is A is connect to the internet with a Ethernet or B make sure that you have a trusty internet service unlike DSL. It is also a good idea to not host it on your own computer because if your playing on your server at the same time, it causes other people to lag.

4. Donations

Now to keep a server up, most people use donations to pay for the domain and vps and other stuff like that, which is okay, but when you have crazy donations like " 12 summon" or "20000* pets" on a low rate server, people will get mad that only doators can get that stuff and then rage quit. If you have things that you can get in game but just might be hard, you should be fine.

5. Updates

It is always a good idea to keep your server up to date with all the new latest releases and other things that other servers have. It is OK to use a really old database just make sure to make it nice and custom and add something like every week or players might just get bored and quit!

Hope i helped!

Yes, i know it says release but i meant to put guide....
Thanks
8 Users