Hello, this is my second update, and while this one is shorter, the news are definitely bigger! (Credits for the intro go to gotstyle)
So the first bit of news is that Hi-Rez studios announced that their upcoming game "Tribes:Ascend" will be Free-To-Play.
The game should come out sometime this year, the game makers will make money by selling character "load-outs" that will determine your gameplay style, character type, weapons, your "explosive type" and your character augmentations.
Here's a trailer for the game.
The next and last bit of news is that World of Warcraft changed it's trial mode, from a standard 10 day free trail to a "level cap" based trial.
Free users can make as many characters as they want and level them up to level 20 and then they have the option to pay for the game. Though it sounds nice (and it is), there are some other restrictions you should know about.
- A level cap of 20.
- A maximum of 10 gold.
- Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.
- Unable to trade via the Auction House, mailbox, or player-to-player.
- In-game access to public chat channels unavailable. Players are limited to communicating using only say, party, or whisper.
- Characters will be unable to create or join guilds.
- Characters are not able to send whispers to other characters unless they have been added to the characters' friends lists or have received a whisper from a character first.
- Characters will not be able to invite other players into a party.
- Characters will not be able to join parties with other characters above level 20.
- Voice chat disabled on Starter Edition accounts.
- Realms experiencing login queues will prioritize players who have full, paid accounts.
- Starter Edition accounts are not eligible for character transfers
- RealID features are disabled on all Starter Edition Accounts.
Read about the WoW trail rules in the Starter Edition "FAQ".
Thank you for your time,