Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > e*pvp News > e*pvp News - EN
You last visited: Today at 09:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

elitepvpers goes mobile

Discussion on elitepvpers goes mobile within the e*pvp News - EN forum part of the e*pvp News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
elitepvpers goes mobile

Regular visitors and Smartphone-Cult-Followers, listen up!

As of today every user will be able to access elitepvpers from his/her Smartphone in an optimized version. With this version, using elitepvpers becomes much easier and loading times become much shorter on mobile devices, which should be of big help to Smartphone users. With this app, you can view all important functions at a glance and you can visit elitepvpers on the bus, aboard a train, at your grandma's house, during fishing, in the woods, on a rollercoaster, in Bolivia, at home right in front of your PC, while snorkeling, during a national revolution, in a bath of rose petals, in emergency room, on the run from a flasher, on deathbed, in space (unconfirmed) and in all the other places you have your Smartphone ready to hand.

What you need for this is an app called Tapatalk. You can find it in the App-Store of your provider (2,39€ at Apple's / 2,49€ at Android's / 2,99$ at Blackberry's). Afterwards you just have to access elitepvpers using the app and what you get is the mobile experience of our site.

If you have any questions or problems or if you find any bug on this App at elitepvpers, please post in here or contact us at [email protected].

Attached Thumbnails
elitepvpers goes mobile-app.jpg  
Thanks
84 Users
Old 07/04/2012, 18:36   #2

elite*gold: 120
Received Thanks: 2,755
This is a very usefull extension, thanks for adding it!
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/04/2012, 18:47   #3

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 1,036
A useful extension. Now I can easier push trading topics out of house.
Just bad that tapatalk costs something :x
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/04/2012, 19:50   #4

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,976
This is the application I have been waiting for, my only question is if this is in German or in English due to the fact that all the Screenshots shown are in german...Going to give it a try anyways as sometimes is easier for me to do it on my smartphone

Well, I have successfully downloaded and started to use this, really good on my phone it is all shown in english, now, I noticed that the only "inconvenience" is with lists/tables that as we have to use them in here (website) using the[list ][ /list][ table][ /table] on the application it doesn't show it ordered that way, it shows the way it was typed, not a big issue but for some topics this makes them show all messy, besides that everything is awesome, with really fast load times which is really important
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/04/2012, 21:13   #5

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,142
Awesome! Gonna download it for my iPod touch
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2012, 21:45   #6

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
That's a nice little add, i rarely ever surf with my phone but i guess for the majority of our users it will be useful.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/04/2012, 22:13   #7

Received Thanks: 1,142
Hmm, had to update iOS, but still cannot login to ePvP via the app. Could just be me, though. Trying a few different things.

Edit: Upon checking the packets actually reaching my wireless router, for whatever reason the POST data was garbled. Reinstalling the app fixed it.

Edit2: Here's a cap
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/05/2012, 01:01   #8
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,460
finally
but why paid? XD
Irony is that I already bought it
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/05/2012, 02:00   #9

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,976
Interface is so different from Android App to iOS one, got already used to Android one as that is the OS my smartphone uses and have been messing around with the application over these forums since this was announced, have to say I love the fact that we have a mobile version for the forums now
Old 07/05/2012, 02:44   #10

We'll get to testing space functionality right away
Old 07/05/2012, 02:46   #11

elite*gold: 99
Received Thanks: 5,092
Thank you, I remember the time, where it feeled like a year to load the Elitepvpers website with the mobil phone. Now this one will not give me any problems anymore by trying to visit the website.

Thank you!
Old 07/05/2012, 06:14   #12
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,460
as for me, is working fine
only had some crashes but i think it is normal since my G Ace is a bit slow
Edit: find a little fix for crashes(in my case)
just disable avatars on Tapatalk settings
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/05/2012, 06:27   #13

elite*gold: 9
I love it Tapatalk is so easy to handle and its cool to vheck out the forum in work
Old 07/05/2012, 11:16   #14

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Why it's not on symbian ?
Old 07/06/2012, 20:15   #15

elite*gold: 6
Received Thanks: 2,115
gotta love it!
btw zeroxelli you might wanna remove that quote