Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Diablo 2 > Diablo 2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 13:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Character won't do BO / BS

Discussion on Character won't do BO / BS within the Diablo 2 Programming forum part of the Diablo 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Character won't do BO / BS

ever since i got the new muddy version my char doesn't do bo / ba anymore, i have a cta and spirit as offhand but he just wont use them, what to do?

thanks in advance
Old 12/08/2011, 11:40   #2

did you made a config file with the name of your character?
Code:
NTConfig_Paladin_yourCharnameHere.ntl
check also this (around line 310, just search for switchslots)

Code:
// Set this to true if you would like to switch slots right after casting BC, BO and Shout. If set to false, your char will remain with the BO Slot until the whole precast procedure is done.
	MWConfig_SwitchSlotsAfterBoPrecast = true;
it has to be "true"

if it's not working then try to add this

Code:
// Set this to true to force your bot to swap slots before precast. In case you are using CTA, set this to false.
	MWConfig_SwitchSlotsForPrecast = false;
Old 12/08/2011, 13:22   #3

i got the same problem....and this didnt help

Edit: other precast, ES and frozen armor, he does..

Quote:
Originally Posted by patue View Post
did you made a config file with the name of your character?
Code:
NTConfig_Paladin_yourCharnameHere.ntl
check also this (around line 310, just search for switchslots)

Code:
// Set this to true if you would like to switch slots right after casting BC, BO and Shout. If set to false, your char will remain with the BO Slot until the whole precast procedure is done.
	MWConfig_SwitchSlotsAfterBoPrecast = true;
it has to be "true"

if it's not working then try to add this

Code:
// Set this to true to force your bot to swap slots before precast. In case you are using CTA, set this to false.
	MWConfig_SwitchSlotsForPrecast = false;
Old 12/08/2011, 13:26   #4

thanks, indeed it seems to be working now. i tried everything you said, it still didn't work at that moment, but then i threw my items on the ground and had my char auto-pick up them, and he started shouting ever since. thanks for the feedback, i really appreciate your help.
Old 12/08/2011, 13:49   #5

so u just dropped it ingame, while botting?
Old 12/08/2011, 14:30   #6

yeah, and it worked, sort of.. now it just keeps spirit + cta and goes kill stuff.. normally i have a hoto and a hoz :-s
Old 12/08/2011, 15:59   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveoflight88 View Post
yeah, and it worked, sort of.. now it just keeps spirit + cta and goes kill stuff.. normally i have a hoto and a hoz :-s
I have the same problem right here, it wont switch back to hoto and no1 here seems to have a clue(or they dont wanna help because we are not german)
Old 12/08/2011, 16:05   #8

hi

just to mention that, questions about muddys bot belong into his release thread

ok to your problem, have you changed anything in the NTCommon.ntl ?

if not, try the following:

the file is located under scripts\libs\Common\NTCommon.ntl

open it and search for "// Array"

then change that part to look like that:

Code:
	// Array format: index 0: Value; index 1: Non-Class BO; index 2: CTA Slot
	_slotVal = new Array();
	_slotVal[0] = new Array();
	_slotVal[0].IsCTASlot = false;
	_slotVal[0].BoLevel = 0;
	_slotVal[0].BonusSkills = 0;
	_slotVal[0].Primary = 1;

_slotVal[1] = new Array();
	_slotVal[1].IsCTASlot = true;
	_slotVal[1].BoLevel = 0;
	_slotVal[1].Primary = 0;

_items = me.GetItems();
just undo what you changed in the other files, that worked for me

pS.: your char has to wear a spirit shield in the cta slot

(credits goes to who ever posted that solution in the other thread ^^)

*edit:

when it auto-picked the items, did it place the cta in slot #1 ? - if yes change that back too (i could imagine that caused by the original NTCommon.ntl it thinks cta goes to slot #1, and cause of the other configs it thinks it should fight with slot #1 - that might explain it wasnt bo'ing before and now its not switching to hoto)
Old 12/08/2011, 18:55   #9

_slotVal[0].Primary = 1; I didn't have that line, and that was the issue. Thanks, works fine now
Old 12/08/2011, 19:06   #10
Administrator

elite*gold: 41364
Received Thanks: 12,624
I'm pretty sure the dude who wrote the function at hand intended that line to be:
Code:
_slotVal[0].Primary = 0;
It basically just evaluates all contributions to your BO level depending on your current equipment and character class. Considering this, there just isn't any point in adding an offset of 1 for no reason, as it would basically prevent the function from doing what it is originally supposed to do.
Old 12/08/2011, 20:53   #11

It still isnt working for me arggggg getting so frustrated that this bot doesnt work properly

Can someone please help me, please please or post your nt common or ill post mine, I really dont know what to do
Old 12/08/2011, 22:46   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy_Waters View Post
I'm pretty sure the dude who wrote the function at hand intended that line to be:
Code:
_slotVal[0].Primary = 0;
It basically just evaluates all contributions to your BO level depending on your current equipment and character class. Considering this, there just isn't any point in adding an offset of 1 for no reason, as it would basically prevent the function from doing what it is originally supposed to do.
for me and many others this solved the problems, and in my case without any side effects ^^

to be honest most of the functions are what i would call "horrible bad code" ^^ so it wouldnt be that surprising if there are one or two bugs

pS.: if i understand that function correct all these calculations are only relevant for barbs, no?

ppS.: did maybe these item prefixes change in any patch? - an error in that line:
Code:
if((_items[i].itemflag & 0x4000000) && _items[i].itemprefix == 0x5027) // Check if the item is a CTA
might explain the malfunction too
Old 12/08/2011, 22:48   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sataan1337 View Post
for me and many others this solved the problems, and in my case without any side effects ^^

to be honest most of the functions are what i would call "horrible bad code" ^^ so it wouldnt be that surprising if there are one or two bugs

pS.: if i understand that function correct all these calculations are only relevant for barbs, no?

ppS.: did maybe these item prefixes change in any patch? - an error in that line:
Code:
if((_items[i].itemflag & 0x4000000) && _items[i].itemprefix == 0x5027) // Check if the item is a CTA
might explain the malfunction too
I dont understand why it isnt working for me. Do you suggest dropping this bot and go for the older versions?