Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron
You last visited: Today at 11:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Monster Spawn Rate

Discussion on Monster Spawn Rate within the Dekaron forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 12/26/2007, 17:15   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylessa View Post
i can only lure up to 9 monster.. any idea how to lure more?
Though not really recommended, but you can insert new bytes (Paste zero bytes in WinHex).
Old 12/26/2007, 17:21   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaxul View Post
Thanks, found the area, it only affects the bosses not the regular mobs. Still trying to figure that one out. It appears as though that may be controled by the server, as the Boss values are specific delays, eg: Aron = 60000ms, but the standard mobs are all set to 0, then map specific values of 100 rate. Changing this did not seem to have any affect.

Also, I changed the spawn rate of Ellipses in Crespo, changed it from 10,000 to 1,000, it does not seem to have any effect. Any additional suggestions would be of help.

PS: You can also set the Safe Zones to off, so that you may attack in Loa, etc, though the attack does not seem to register, you can still do all the magic effects.
Spawn rate may be server-sided since monsters don't spawn during the span of time in which you still can walk when you get disconnected.
Old 12/26/2007, 18:09   #18

It appears that way, I have found the locations of the Mob Spawn rates and the regular monster spawn rates which are controled at the map level. In both cases, adjusting the values has no effect on the game.

Perhaps this was restricted on the latest version, has anyone tried an old version to see if that is possible then?
Old 12/26/2007, 19:05   #19

I used to play on version .17 for a long time, but ever since the latest patch where the communication between the server and client supposedly was improved, I was forced to play on the latest version, so I don't know if it's even possible to play on older clients anymore.

Perhaps you would so kind to help me out with a clue. I found the entire section in Data.pak with the maps and a few numbers, but I see nothing that corresponds to agro number. Is this the right section to be in if I see stuff like this:

Location_Index,Location_Name,MapIndex,Pos_X,Pos_Y, Direction,ChaoPos_X,ChaoPos_Y,Chao_Direction
112,Draco Desert,13,224,187,0,224,187,0

I know each of those numbers corresponds to each of those words, but none seem to look like they would affect agro number, as none of the numbers are 3. Any tips or clues? Am I even in the right place?
Old 12/26/2007, 23:27   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfox321 View Post
I used to play on version .17 for a long time, but ever since the latest patch where the communication between the server and client supposedly was improved, I was forced to play on the latest version, so I don't know if it's even possible to play on older clients anymore.

Perhaps you would so kind to help me out with a clue. I found the entire section in Data.pak with the maps and a few numbers, but I see nothing that corresponds to agro number. Is this the right section to be in if I see stuff like this:

Location_Index,Location_Name,MapIndex,Pos_X,Pos_Y, Direction,ChaoPos_X,ChaoPos_Y,Chao_Direction
112,Draco Desert,13,224,187,0,224,187,0

I know each of those numbers corresponds to each of those words, but none seem to look like they would affect agro number, as none of the numbers are 3. Any tips or clues? Am I even in the right place?

There are numerous places that control various aspects of the game, things like spawn rates, dill drop and xp rates, etc. Some are set specifically on the item/monster, other a master controls for the entire game/map. In each case, the only things I know work for sure are movement speed, agro number, distance, and graphic things like camera angles,distance etc. I have also tried running earlier versions of the client v2.8.00 - v2.2.16 none of these versions are compatible with the current server. So I am not sure which hacks that used to work, no longer work. Someone did send me a link to a screen shot of many agro'ed mobs, way more then normally on the level, but I am not sure when it was taken.
Old 12/27/2007, 01:18   #21

All i need to get a good vc hack is to modify the distance that you can see the mobs, so they can go to you from everywhere in the map.

Clip_Far only work for map (floor, walls, trees, npc, ect).

Any idea for mobs?

Oh yeah, BTW, anyone know how to set the sorcerer to make them fallow without attacking. Looks like it doesn't work at all, at least, i can't find how. I tried A.I. from 1 to 9 and it doesn't work. Any idea about that too?
Old 12/27/2007, 03:15   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyam View Post
All i need to get a good vc hack is to modify the distance that you can see the mobs, so they can go to you from everywhere in the map.

Any idea for mobs?

Oh yeah, BTW, anyone know how to set the sorcerer to make them fallow without attacking. Looks like it doesn't work at all, at least, i can't find how. I tried A.I. from 1 to 9 and it doesn't work. Any idea about that too?
Change its range cellrange to 0 and AI 1 or 6.
Old 12/27/2007, 03:27   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3v3rf411 View Post
Oh yeah, i didn't think about this. Thx. Any idea to see mobs from far?
Old 12/27/2007, 04:07   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyam View Post

Any idea for mobs?

There is no issue in increasing the range of the Mobs sight, it's in the same area as the number of mobs that you can pull. The limitation is that the map only spawns monsters within a certain range of you, mobs do not exist everywhere on the map, only within a certain proximety of you. Two ways to get around this, one to increase the spawn rate, the second to increase that spawn radius.
Old 12/27/2007, 04:28   #25

i tried adding 1 more byte but i can enter game.. any idea how?
Old 12/27/2007, 15:01   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyn View Post
Post wasn't deleted.

Post was moved into the Underground Section.

Best regards

Vyn
Vyn, can you give me access, I have stuff I would like to share with other contributors.
Old 12/27/2007, 18:17   #27

Was the vac hack post the one where the guy just posted a few pictures and said that was the tutorial? Doesn't take a photographic memory what was on that post if you had a quick glance at it.

If not then, ****. I figure how much time I spend browsing the 2moons section, I would have came across it before it was moved.
Old 12/27/2007, 18:24   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3v3rf411 View Post
Is that to get the range types to follow and not attack?
Old 12/27/2007, 19:01   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawFish View Post
Is that to get the range types to follow and not attack?
aye ^^, u could also modify the special attack from bos monsters just look for the cellrang_special ,1,2,3 =)
Old 12/27/2007, 20:01   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse1988 View Post
aye ^^, u could also modify the special attack from bos monsters just look for the cellrang_special ,1,2,3 =)
AY Awesome, that'll save me some time in the dungeon ^^ Can't wait to get off of work and try this out...

Thanks alot!!!