Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

|TIPS to avoid scams|

Discussion on |TIPS to avoid scams| within the Dekaron Trading forum part of the MMORPG Trading category.

View Poll Results: Have you ever get scammed?
Yea 14 73.68%
No 5 26.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
|TIPS to avoid scams|

First of all, I know Syberboy has a sticky thread, , but this is for the new members who didn't make time to read that .

Scamming nowadays is very often , and it can be stopped/avoided only if we are carefull .

First of all,use a god damn middleman . Many people don't use a middleman because they want to do the trade faster. But do you think it worths risking so much just for some "speed up"?

Let's take for example this guy .

The red square shows how many trades used him as middleman and his middleman score. The more green numbers he has, the more trustable he is . But still take care!!

Another thing that people do,is go first with others that have many positive iTrades. That is a big mistake. Itrades can be easily farmed by selling eGold or asking friends to give you a +1. Don't go first ,even if he has 912 positives.

IF you still want to go first and you trust the guy so much (still not recommended,but your choice after all),ALWAYS request a trade!!

If the guy says he accepted the request, don't forget to go to Black Market and see it with your own eyes!

Even if you use a middleman,request a trade,etc , try to screen shot the whole trade! (example : the pm message giving you his contact ids, the conversations, trades in game,etc) . This can help you prove that you got scammed,and can help you get the guy banned on the forum.

If the guy says "I won't do itrade because you can give me -1 " , or "we do iTrade after the trade" , or other excuses, DO NOT TRADE WITH THE GUY. That should make you wonder if he is a scammer.

So long story short :
  • -Try to use a middleman for a trade
  • -Positive iTrades don't mean that much
  • -Always request a trade before you do the trade,and if the guy doesn't accept it,don't trade!
  • -Try to screen shot everything while doing the trade,so that you can have proofs if you get scammed!

That's it. I hope this would be usefull for people,if not...well at least I tried Press thanks if you liked it!

-Thread will be closed in case of spamming.This is meant only to give information to new members.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 02/01/2012, 08:03   #2 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

elite*gold: 0
Very helpfull post, even for starting traders. Note: Middlemans are not 100% trustworthy neither. You always have to be careful!
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/01/2012, 20:10   #3 Trade Status: Unverified(?)
Administrator

elite*gold: 41364
Received Thanks: 12,624
Actually this topic is obsolete, we already have trading tips. You should consult the moderating staff before even starting to write a guide such as this in order to avoid for your work to be in vain.

#closed
Thanks
3 Users
Closed Thread