Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

PLEASE HELP FOR A SİMPLE PROBLEM PLSS!!!

Discussion on PLEASE HELP FOR A SİMPLE PROBLEM PLSS!!! within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old 02/03/2010, 08:23   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
da·ta·base (dā'tə-bās', dāt'ə-)
n. also data base
A collection of data arranged for ease and speed of search and retrieval.
dictionary.com, which is not updated by any idiot who feels like updating it

since the data.pak is parsed, and compiled into memory by the program, it doesnt fit ur definition either, by ur definition from wikipedia, any file is a database, an HTML file can be a database, a text file can be a database, or a windows folder+subfolders could be considered a database, but u know as well as anyone here, that they are not.

u may as well say that a collection of .cpp files (that are compiled into an executable program) is a database

when u get to dictionary.com, scroll down about halfway, u will see a definition :

Quote:
Computing Dictionary

database
1. One or more large structured sets of persistent data, usually associated with software to update and query the data. A simple database might be a single file containing many records, each of which contains the same set of fields where each field is a certain fixed width.
to update and query the data, since the data.pak cant be updated, its nothing more than a compressed file that is compiled into memory
Old 02/03/2010, 08:31   #32

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombe View Post
Never argue with Wikipedia
d( ~_~'')b
Old 02/03/2010, 09:03   #33

Received Thanks: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombe View Post
d( ~_~'')b
i dont trust it ...
Old 02/03/2010, 09:18   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decima View Post
to update and query the data, since the data.pak cant be updated, its nothing more than a compressed file that is compiled into memory

But the data.pak can be updated, whenever the launcher is updating with data.pak related patches it's updating the data.pak. The data.pak doesn't get compiled, all that happens is the data.pak is read using ReadFile(), and the data is put into a buffer which is later sorted so the rest of the functions can use the data. The data.pak is just a packed group of directories, and the files in those directories.

Anyways does it really matter if it's a database or not? And does it really need to be discussed in this thread lol.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/03/2010, 10:09   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomy View Post
But the data.pak can be updated, whenever the launcher is updating with data.pak related patches it's updating the data.pak. The data.pak doesn't get compiled, all that happens is the data.pak is read using ReadFile(), and the data is put into a buffer which is later sorted so the rest of the functions can use the data. The data.pak is just a packed group of directories, and the files in those directories.

Anyways does it really matter if it's a database or not? And does it really need to be discussed in this thread lol.
for the sake of the noobs that are already hopelessly confused, yes it matters. when the term 'database' is used, especially here, its well known that we are talking about the SQL database, and to have 2-3 ppl on arguing that the data.pak is a database is not only inaccurate, but also makes it even more confusing to new-comers, which in turn causes more questions for us to answer and explain.

why are we even arguing semantics here, we all know its not a database, lets not exasperate the difference between the 2.
Old 02/03/2010, 14:47   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decima View Post
for the sake of the noobs that are already hopelessly confused, yes it matters. when the term 'database' is used, especially here, its well known that we are talking about the SQL database, and to have 2-3 ppl on arguing that the data.pak is a database is not only inaccurate, but also makes it even more confusing to new-comers, which in turn causes more questions for us to answer and explain.

why are we even arguing semantics here, we all know its not a database, lets not exasperate the difference between the 2.
pak cannot be updating. think again pls. I m sure you know something call patching. yes this topic is abt osds but abelwang was just trying to help and you start making all the comments you r the 1 start this arugment..and you know his rigth. and nv try to fight with bottomy. his respected..lets stop it here ok. I m sick and tired of you posts making me sick. world peace.. no more war I will attend church every sunday. be a nice guy.
Old 02/03/2010, 16:49   #37

pak isnt updated by the program thats using it

cant wait till u get urself banned again