Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Adding a 4th color for argate glow

Discussion on Adding a 4th color for argate glow within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Adding a 4th color for argate glow

I have made a new argate, made items for +12, everything works fins as far as that goes, my problem is i want to be able to make the armor glow a different color at +12. I have created new .dds files in the data\texture\effect\levelup. I just don't know where to link these at so it changes from gold glow at +9 to the new color at +10-12. example 1-3(white) 4-6(blue) 7-9(gold) 10-12(new).

Everything i have found on search only changes the colors that are already there.
Just looking for point in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/16/2010, 14:45   #2

Check Korean Deka Client.
Old 01/16/2010, 15:18   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciberknight View Post
I have made a new argate, made items for +12, everything works fins as far as that goes, my problem is i want to be able to make the armor glow a different color at +12. I have created new .dds files in the data\texture\effect\levelup. I just don't know where to link these at so it changes from gold glow at +9 to the new color at +10-12. example 1-3(white) 4-6(blue) 7-9(gold) 10-12(new).

Everything i have found on search only changes the colors that are already there.
Just looking for point in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.
you made it? you sure? or you took it from other client. a lot of nubs they took others work and say they made it. just like you did. lol
Old 01/16/2010, 16:17   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkenneth View Post
Check Korean Deka Client.
does not exist to korean dekaron client yet. XD
Old 01/16/2010, 18:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobleman80 View Post
you made it? you sure? or you took it from other client. a lot of nubs they took others work and say they made it. just like you did. lol
And what relevance does that have to do with the question? But to set your mind at ease YES I'm sure. Its not hard to make an item, anyone with half a brain can figure it out.
Old 01/16/2010, 19:46   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,876
Glow +10-12 black ? would be pretty cool
Old 01/16/2010, 19:54   #7

red listen better
or strong blue

you need change skill effects any 1 picture for change it.
i listen
Old 01/16/2010, 23:39   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvier123 View Post
Glow +10-12 black ? would be pretty cool
lol,, yea i tried black, but i guess due to the Alpha channels in the game
it wont show, and yea i even tried to del the alpha channel on the .dds file still didn't work. Stll have the same prob though, has the same effect on items +7-12
Old 01/17/2010, 00:18   #9

u should had searched b4 making this post, there are several threads already talking about this and up to this point the only person that has been able to make it work, and posted SS's of it working is zigzam, but unfortunately he didnt explain to anyone how he actually made it happen
Old 01/17/2010, 02:06   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decima View Post
u should had searched b4 making this post, there are several threads already talking about this and up to this point the only person that has been able to make it work, and posted SS's of it working is zigzam, but unfortunately he didnt explain to anyone how he actually made it happen
Like i said in the beginning i did search, and the post you are referring to he does explain on page three if you keep reading, or simply gives a hint to what he did, which was to change the color of a .dds file in the levelup folder. This is extremely easy to do,but not what i ask. Let me see if i can explain it better.In the levelup folder there are these.dds files which are,

eff_upgrade_13 <----- color for +1-3
eff_upgrade_46 <----- color for +4-6
eff_upgrade_79 <----- color for +7-8 <--- which is the one Zigzam changed.
now if you go to +10-12 it uses the _79.dds, i want to know if its possible to
change this and have the +10-12 refer to for example eff_upgrade_132, and have 4 colors instead of 3. As far as several threads being posted about this, i beg to differ, yes there are threads asking how to change colors, but i did not find any about adding 1, which is why i mad the post.
Old 01/17/2010, 02:26   #11

u could beg to differ if u want, although after a 1:20(1 minute, 20 second) search i found this:

Thanks
1 User
Old 01/17/2010, 04:54   #12

+12 patch with diff look then +9
edit :
the patch will work . bt not with diff color until i fix the bug . also +12 w\o def or stat cuz its personal option
you can check property for more info how i made it to work
bt still need to do 1 step . dk i posted maby someone can help me

lasts code :
+10-11-12 = 24 < +9 = 23 < +6 = 22 <=3 = 14
so can someone help me in last step ?
===
b4 i manged to get it working by changing the t.pack path so its be diff then original then i gived the new path another color so you can see he is +10
bt here ppl asked me to do it in original way and these way is hard x_x
anyway hope i get help[/QUOTE]

Decima i really appreciate what your doing and not trying to argue or disagree with anything. It seems even Bigshow was having the same problem i am. I did however Dl the file he posted to look and see how he set it up. Looks the same as i did, everything linked to the crystal mesh,ect and silver argate, only difference is he used a maveric and i tried to make something new, which maybe my problem, but i dont see how that would be possible,since my argate is working as it should, i put an item in the blacksmith, put new argate in it goes to +10,11,12 np. His code he wrote though, i haven't been able to find it in any file, or is he wrighting something in the SQL? Bigshow is very good and i have gave him many thanks for things, so at least now i dont feel completely noobish since he had the same problem.

Decima i do owe you a thanks, in going back and and digging deeper i think i found what i was looking for, forgot to edit the effectscene.com and i missed a line in the properties.
Old 01/17/2010, 15:04   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciberknight View Post
And what relevance does that have to do with the question? But to set your mind at ease YES I'm sure. Its not hard to make an item, anyone with half a brain can figure it out.
oh right it's easy. and you still make this thread for? lol
Old 01/17/2010, 17:21   #14

Quote:
Yes it could be easy if he sat down an looked at the code long enough an seen someone none of us have, So why be a **** about it.
Old 01/17/2010, 21:09   #15

Quote:
Well nobleman, if you can read, the thread is not about making an item, in a sense it is about trying to apply a new effect, which doesn't currently exist, or at least it doesn't in the files i am working on.