Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

MUST READ !!!

Discussion on MUST READ !!! within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old 11/07/2015, 17:44   #16

elite*gold: 0
I said create, not change. we dont have any source to work with so we need to make it from scratch. on our own. perhaps a18, dunno
Old 11/07/2015, 19:49   #17

elite*gold: 22
if u need help i can , java master here
I studied java 3 years and C/Basic
Old 11/07/2015, 19:52   #18

java is way too slow for this kinda project. it's a language based on virtual machines therefore it wont be able to handle multiple instances. I started the project in c++ already and I have the loginserver completed. I also modified the databases to work with it.
I still use MSSQL since thats all I know

On second thought it sounds stupid. Yes java would be able to handle it but it's generally a slow language that I don't wanna learn. And if you took some kinda course and didn't learn it on your own, chances are good that you're lacking a significant amount of knowledge that would be required to run this kind of project. I'm really looking for someone with C++ knowledge since I don't wanna ditch the stuff I already have.
Old 11/07/2015, 20:35   #19

Ive got some at C++ , but i focused more in learning basic thats why .
Im learning atm assemly
Old 11/08/2015, 16:49   #20

An emulator would be the most useful release ever for Dekaron! although i must admit that i cant wait for your Action 6 server to be open, Paul
Old 11/08/2015, 18:20   #21

I agree with you guys,i can sponsor also i can buy awesome website with everything on it.also i can work with csv
Old 11/08/2015, 20:58   #22

Cool try this you don't pay for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswho-.- View Post
java is way too slow for this kinda project. it's a language based on virtual machines therefore it wont be able to handle multiple instances. I started the project in c++ already and I have the loginserver completed. I also modified the databases to work with it.
I still use MSSQL since thats all I know

On second thought it sounds stupid. Yes java would be able to handle it but it's generally a slow language that I don't wanna learn. And if you took some kinda course and didn't learn it on your own, chances are good that you're lacking a significant amount of knowledge that would be required to run this kind of project. I'm really looking for someone with C++ knowledge since I don't wanna ditch the stuff I already have.
Paul look at Aion Emulator maybe there you will find all answer. Just try and look.
Old 11/08/2015, 21:22   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DEV]Dekaron View Post
Paul look at Aion Emulator maybe there you will find all answer. Just try and look.
what kind of answers? I know how to make it - it's relatively simple since I have all the important stuff already done. the only thing thats stopping me is coding all the different packets. theres so many of them it's really discouraging. the way this game is made is pretty disappointing.
Old 11/08/2015, 22:01   #24

Thats true guess, this game built is really bad
Old 11/08/2015, 23:38   #25

so yea I'm still waiting for people to sign up. if I'm gonna do it alone, nothing will be released. I'm done with loginserver at this point so you're already missing on some nice sources and dbs
Old 11/09/2015, 03:36   #26

Let's be honest for a minute here. This is a very old game. Either it's A9 patched to hell with new stuff added in, or some people like guesswho, efulll and hellspider spent countless hour sin ASM to modify the server and client binary files to do what they want. Unless you're willing to crack open the code, then you will have limits you need to work around. If you know ASM, you can modify the server files. Short of that, you can wait for a higher than A9 version to come out from somewhere, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.
Old 11/09/2015, 12:45   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by freez00 View Post
Let's be honest for a minute here. This is a very old game. Either it's A9 patched to hell with new stuff added in, or some people like guesswho, efulll and hellspider spent countless hour sin ASM to modify the server and client binary files to do what they want. Unless you're willing to crack open the code, then you will have limits you need to work around. If you know ASM, you can modify the server files. Short of that, you can wait for a higher than A9 version to come out from somewhere, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.
At which point exactly did anyone mention using the existing executables? I thought I was clear that it needs to be written from scratch.
Old 11/09/2015, 15:43   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswho-.- View Post
At which point exactly did anyone mention using the existing executables? I thought I was clear that it needs to be written from scratch.
Either you modify the original executable or create your own by reverse-engineering the old executable. Either way, you need to know ASM and have the originals!
Old 11/09/2015, 16:17   #29

Not at all. You don't need the original executables to make an emulator of the game. You don't even really need asm knowledge all that much.
Old 11/09/2015, 18:51   #30

freez00 , the plain of know ASM or Reverse is not like that at all yeah as guess said , you just need to know how structure is made and know how pack works at all , ofc you need to know ASM and Reverse but do not require to be the "Master".