Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How To Make A Dekaron Launcher?

Discussion on How To Make A Dekaron Launcher? within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How To Make A Dekaron Launcher?

Can you Please Teach me how to make my own launcher in my server. or can you give me a tutorial thank you .

Please Reply.
Old 03/24/2013, 16:36   #2

Old 03/24/2013, 16:48   #3

i already try that one it says Socket Error #10061 Connection refused and the other one says HTTP/1.0 404 not found.
Old 03/24/2013, 20:36   #4

If you use youtube or google it's possible to make a way better launcher.
Old 03/24/2013, 21:50   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyP3rHeAd View Post
Can you Please Teach me how to make my own launcher in my server. or can you give me a tutorial thank you .

Please Reply.
If you can't figure it out with all these tutorial's, then you don't need to make an pserver.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/25/2013, 14:27   #6

i have already the server but i only need is the launcher.
Old 03/25/2013, 21:03   #7

'all these tutorials'

where per-say are all of 'these' tutorials? i see this one u posted, which obviously you havent tried this, as the best you get is a buggy launcher, i for one cant find any other tutorials on building a launcher.

the guy wants to try and build his own launcher, for once it isnt some asshat who wants everything just handed to him, and u 2 are giving him **** cus he asked for a tutorial so he can do it himself, u guys posted 1 tut, that btw is a suck *** tut, then talk like there are thousands here, yet the only one u posted was this suck *** tut??

and btw u 2 superdevs, building a server, and building a launcher, 2 completely different things, have nothing at all to do with each other at all in any way shape or form, thats like telling some one not to try and fix their car since they cant ski.

since its obvious neither of you have the ability to help someone who asked a simple question, stop giving him **** for asking, at least he isnt demanding it be handed to him, if u know where there are other tuts that will actually help him, then post them, otherwise why dont you go answer some posts where your vast knowledge and skill will actual help someone out.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 03/26/2013, 02:37   #8

Best think is just searching on google and learning commands and scripts, so u can make your own in VB 08, i have one pro, i'm not giving source codes to someone.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/26/2013, 04:15   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decima View Post
'all these tutorials'

where per-say are all of 'these' tutorials? i see this one u posted, which obviously you havent tried this, as the best you get is a buggy launcher, i for one cant find any other tutorials on building a launcher.

the guy wants to try and build his own launcher, for once it isnt some asshat who wants everything just handed to him, and u 2 are giving him shit cus he asked for a tutorial so he can do it himself, u guys posted 1 tut, that btw is a suck ass tut, then talk like there are thousands here, yet the only one u posted was this suck ass tut??

and btw u 2 superdevs, building a server, and building a launcher, 2 completely different things, have nothing at all to do with each other at all in any way shape or form, thats like telling some one not to try and fix their car since they cant ski.

since its obvious neither of you have the ability to help someone who asked a simple question, stop giving him shit for asking, at least he isnt demanding it be handed to him, if u know where there are other tuts that will actually help him, then post them, otherwise why dont you go answer some posts where your vast knowledge and skill will actual help someone out.
I hope I'm not part of this statement.

You are right that programming and editing this games files are 2 completely different things but an aspect that you need in both subjects is "common sense" and "intelligence".

It takes all of 15 seconds to open google, type "how to make a game launcher", then click the youtube video that comes in the result:
and then follow the video.

If you have the 2 key aspects to anything in life mentioned above, you can then search "how to make a game updater" or "how to download files" or anything you want the program to do. The good thing about programming is that there are a lot of sources which cover anything you want to do.

I'll end here saying that the OP's question itself doesn't even belong on these forums because as you said, programming and devving for this game are 2 completely separate things. This question belongs on a programming site/forum as people there are definitely going to help (unlike here where it just so happens that a few people know programming or a few people know enough to make a launcher *although they aren't receiving anything for their knowledge thus leading them to not help as with the guy above my post*)
Old 03/26/2013, 08:38   #10

well, 1st of all, i have both common sense and intelligence, if you had either maybe you would had watched that video and seen its a game launcher for CS, yeah no shit if u google game launcher thats what you get, i saw this tutorial months ago, and if you bothered to watch it b4 you jumped up on here with ur edick talking shit about intelligence and common sense you would had seen its a useless tutorial, thats ALL it does is launch the game exe, it doesnt patch files or anything of the sort, this is the simplest thing to do ever, why anyone would need a tutorial to know how to launch an exe file with a VB script, is beyond me.

now, go and try to google anything you want for a game launcher that will update files, i have done it every way i can think of, with little to no results, why ask here when this is a devving forum???, well obviously mr. common sense, he wants to know how to make a launcher for this game, that will update this games files, not just any game, not CS or WoW, but this game, and if i remember correctly the guy that posted the first video in this thread, made that launcher, specifically for this game, and posted it here on these forums, now why the fk would he do that??? there are a few other ppl that have posted a few times (yes, again, on these forums) boasting about how much better they could make a launcher (again for this game) then he could using something besides pascal

so Einstein, its pretty safe to say that this was the appropriate place to ask for a tutorial on how to make a launcher that updates files, for the game that this forum is meant for. there are obviously ppl on here that have both knowledge of this game, and knowledge of how to make a launcher that will update the games files, at least 3 ppl that come here often (yeah, apparently my searching skills far out maneuver yours) that have the knowledge and know-how of what he is looking for SPECIFICALLY, after hundreds of searches on this very subject over the past 6 months, i will bet my left nut that there is no other better place to ask this question, hands down, then right here, on these forums.

to answer ur question, yeah, it was directed at you, and the other asshat, cus u just jumped up on here, using none of the 'common sense' or 'intelligence' that you so thoughtfully threw up in my face, with useless demeaning comments that helped no one but ur own self serving conquest to look like you are of a higher level of greatness by telling someone to use google or youtube, like ur so much smarter then this guy cus you know how to use google, and ability you seem to think you are an expert in and which i myself question in great detail as the first thing that popped up on ur precious google you didnt even bother looking at to see if it was actually what he was requesting, i bet you felt like the smartest person here when u found it, too bad u were too stupid to see what it actually was b4 you posted it. pfft!!

again, if you have nothing else to contribute for this guy other then useless half ass comments and fking google searches, do him and urself a big fat favor and go post on a thread where u can actually help someone without trying to prove what a XXL edick you have, the poor guy asked for a tutorial on how to make a launcher for the game that this forum was meant for, and i think he can open a fking exe without a tutorial, so if thats all you got why dont you let someone else post who ACTUALLY knows how to make a launcher for THIS game, and stop dicking up his thread with ur random, useless, and uneducated comments about how to search google, when he wants a tutorial on how to search for shit he dont need, feel free to make ur 'common sense' post.

can we get back on topic now, as i am interested to see if someone who i have seen post in the past has anything to offer this guy, i for one would be more than grateful for anyone who would share their knowledge on how to achieve updating files for the game.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/26/2013, 10:31   #11

Thankz Decima...... im only asking on how to make a launcher but you guyz just ******* me up it cant help me anything if you are all **** me up OMG i only post this thread because i dont know how to make my own launcher in my Server.... if you dont want to help me out just dont post >.< im only begging the person who can help me out not others just ******* me up ...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/26/2013, 17:17   #12

Quote:
1. well, 1st of all, i have both common sense and intelligence, if you had either maybe you would had watched that video and seen its a game launcher for CS, yeah no shit if u google game launcher thats what you get, i saw this tutorial months ago, and if you bothered to watch it b4 you jumped up on here with ur edick talking shit about intelligence and common sense you would had seen its a useless tutorial, thats ALL it does is launch the game exe, it doesnt patch files or anything of the sort, this is the simplest thing to do ever, why anyone would need a tutorial to know how to launch an exe file with a VB script, is beyond me.

2. now, go and try to google anything you want for a game launcher that will update files, i have done it every way i can think of, with little to no results, why ask here when this is a devving forum???, well obviously mr. common sense, he wants to know how to make a launcher for this game, that will update this games files, not just any game, not CS or WoW, but this game, and if i remember correctly the guy that posted the first video in this thread, made that launcher, specifically for this game, and posted it here on these forums, now why the fk would he do that??? there are a few other ppl that have posted a few times (yes, again, on these forums) boasting about how much better they could make a launcher (again for this game) then he could using something besides pascal

3. so Einstein, its pretty safe to say that this was the appropriate place to ask for a tutorial on how to make a launcher that updates files, for the game that this forum is meant for. there are obviously ppl on here that have both knowledge of this game, and knowledge of how to make a launcher that will update the games files, at least 3 ppl that come here often (yeah, apparently my searching skills far out maneuver yours) that have the knowledge and know-how of what he is looking for SPECIFICALLY, after hundreds of searches on this very subject over the past 6 months, i will bet my left nut that there is no other better place to ask this question, hands down, then right here, on these forums.

4. to answer ur question, yeah, it was directed at you, and the other asshat, cus u just jumped up on here, using none of the 'common sense' or 'intelligence' that you so thoughtfully threw up in my face, with useless demeaning comments that helped no one but ur own self serving conquest to look like you are of a higher level of greatness by telling someone to use google or youtube, like ur so much smarter then this guy cus you know how to use google, and ability you seem to think you are an expert in and which i myself question in great detail as the first thing that popped up on ur precious google you didnt even bother looking at to see if it was actually what he was requesting, i bet you felt like the smartest person here when u found it, too bad u were too stupid to see what it actually was b4 you posted it. pfft!!

5. again, if you have nothing else to contribute for this guy other then useless half ass comments and fking google searches, do him and urself a big fat favor and go post on a thread where u can actually help someone without trying to prove what a XXL edick you have, the poor guy asked for a tutorial on how to make a launcher for the game that this forum was meant for, and i think he can open a fking exe without a tutorial, so if thats all you got why dont you let someone else post who ACTUALLY knows how to make a launcher for THIS game, and stop dicking up his thread with ur random, useless, and uneducated comments about how to search google, when he wants a tutorial on how to search for shit he dont need, feel free to make ur 'common sense' post.

6. can we get back on topic now, as i am interested to see if someone who i have seen post in the past has anything to offer this guy, i for one would be more than grateful for anyone who would share their knowledge on how to achieve updating files for the game.
Let's start out with, how about you shut the fuck up and read before posting your useless wall of shit spam.

1. Did I say that YOU had no common sense or intelligence? NO. Guess what.... A launcher, wait for it..... LAUNCHES A GAME. PHEW, now that that's out of the way. The guy in the video states loud and clear, "Insert your own exe name here, I'm using CS1.6". Following this the game will have any picture you want for a launcher and it will launcher the game.

2.1 - Google search #1:
2.2 - Click relevant link:
2.3 - Take code in relevant link and paste into program
2.4 - Modify code from relevant link to your server url and path for patching

WOW look, the process of patching is now complete. You can get more complicated with the way you patch/how you patch the files, but I can tell it isn't something that will be easily comprehended based on the lack ability to use even google.

And the reason he shouldn't ask on these forums is because almost everyone here has no fucking clue what to do as I've already stated. You clearly don't know how to make a launcher so why are you even posting here? I pointed him in the right direction and I'm getting spammed by some 12 y/o that I don't know what I'm talking about. If he really wants to learn how to make a launcher asking on a site like: will produce 99999999999999999999999999999999999999x times more results and at a much quicker speed than asking on here (plus if he knew how to use search tools their search tool is only going to return pages with code on them instead of the same question that the OP has.

3. Not that I want your left nut but you may as well chop it off and throw it out based on the ending of #2. I've already given a reason as to why this isn't the best place and even was kind enough to point the guy (yet again) into a better place to ask this kind of question.

And just so the "he wants a launcher for this game not another" argument isn't being thrown around forever..... Unless he is running a packed server (which is useless) the client is unpacked and thus by making a launcher which downloads file to paths you in turn make a launcher which can work for any game, holy shit, wow.

4. I'm not on some "self serving conquest" or i'd be handing him source code to a working launcher and asking for thanks like all the tards on these forums. I told him go use what everyone in todays world should know how to use, and then gave him exactly what he was asking in literal translation. He asked for "a tutorial on how to make a launcher" not "a tutorial on how to make a launcher which updates the game", there is a difference which you could pick up on if you've been reading so far.

5. As already stated making a launcher which downloads and launches a game means it works for any game and not JUST THIS game, so asking anywhere on the internet (specifically in programming forums instead of a place like this) will produce the results required. The only thing is that you need to know what you want the program to do. If you can't think of how it is supposed to work then there is no way you can produce results period (as proven with your statement of not being able to google properly).

I guess I'll end with some words of wisdom and ask for thanks and wave my XXL epeen around for a little:
- check if update is required
- download update
- launcher game

Now turn those into reasonable google searches and you can make a launcher which both updates files and launches the game.

And unless YOU DECIMA, have something useful to say, stfu and stay off the topic. Because you haven't helped in the least bit, all you've done is rage at me for telling him to use google and youtube. Talk about hypocrisy.
Old 03/26/2013, 18:53   #13

Stick to the topic please.
Old 03/27/2013, 00:16   #14

dude, really, he came on here asking for a tutorial, a tutorial on how to make a launcher, using common sense will make one realize he OBVIOUSLY wants it to update the files, what use would a launcher for this game do if it didnt update files exactly???

he didnt ask for a tutorial on how to become a programmer, or how to start an exe, or even how to download files, he simply asked for a tutorial on how to make a launcher, which again obviously he wants to patch files, im sure on other games its awesome to just start the exe, but again, we are on a specific forums arent we? so yeah, i will throw around the 'this game ' argument, cus if u used any of that common sense you speak of it would be obvious what he wants the launcher to do, 'this game' uses launchers that update files via small patches, not alot of other games do that.

granted, u might not be warmonger who hands the noobs (that cant be bothered to look at the post right above theirs for the answer) evrything they ask for to get ass kisses, but ur just as bad, cus ur reply was use google???? let me throw some searches of my own in there:

im sure you see the criteria, doesnt matter how you word it, there is nothing about making a game launcher that will update files for any game with a notice window to populate info in, u can find how to launch an exe, you can find how to update the launcher from other games, you can even see posts about the problems ppl are having with launchers from other games, but literally NOTHING about how to make a launcher that will update files and start the exe, has a notice window, and u can customize with images.

and no genius, i do not know how to make a launcher, i saw this thread and have been watching it, in hopes someone would put together a simple tutorial on how to build a launcher for THIS GAME (i keep saying it, cus apparently you think any ole damned thing will work, for THIS game we are apparently going to want to update files, have a notice window, and customize with images as well, not rocket science to figure out exactly) and then i could learn how to make one as well, but instead when i come back, i see some stupid shit about searching google, well no shit sherlock, but searching google isnt giving us a damned thing we want apparently, cus FOR THIS GAME we want it to do certain things now dont we? do we want it to start an exe and thats all??? well, no of course not, that would be fking retarded, do we want it to just download some files, well, no, again that would be fking retarded, any fking idiot with a forum name, and 4 useless posts could do that, no thats not want we want, a gram of common sense can go a long way here

what we want, like EVERY OTHER CLIENT FOR THIS GAME HAS (ffs, cant beleive i have to break it down for someone so fking smart) is a tutorial on how we can make a launcher, that will start the exe AND it will also allow us to update files AND be able to insert and place a notice window that will call a remote file AND be somewhat customized with button and a background image, preferably files that we can break down into, hmm, lets say, i dunno, 128kb chunks, you know LIKE EVERY OTHER CLIENT FOR THIS GAME DOES, and maybe a window that will allow us to have some kind of notice for the players to read while they are updating that will call a remote file that we can populate as we see fit, kinda like EVERY OTHER FKING CLIENT THIS GAME HAS, and can have some buttons and a image (or 2) somewhat like EVERY OTHER CLIENT THIS GAME HAS. . . do i really need to continue with this? obviously we want it similar to other launchers for this game ffs

the last thing anyone watching this thread needed was some asshat to tell us to use google, like we dont know it fking exists, or we need some expert to show us how to search, what we are watching this thread for, is a fking tutorial, on how to make a launcher, for THIS GAME and all that entails, im sorry if you didnt have the 'common sense' enuff to figure out that he wanted more then just a couple useless ass scripts that dont do even a fraction of what we were APPARENTLY looking for, im sorry it had to be broken down for you on specific needs the launcher, i kinda thought any asshat with common sense would know we obviously wanted it to function the exact same as every other launcher for THIS GAME, cus after all, its posted in THIS GAMEs section, so the functionality for THIS GAME should have been obvious

im not a hypocrite, im watching this thread in hopes of a tutorial, the exact one he speaks of, and you are dicking it up with ignorant and useless comments about searching, it pissed me off to see some stupid crap like that on an otherwise legitimate thread with a legitimate request in the appropriate section of the appropriate forums, it didnt tell the poster anything he wanted or needed to know, it just belittled him in everyway, like he wasnt smart enuff to think to use google, he needed you to tell him that???

so, this will be my last post to you, i will ignore every other feeble and retarded attempt to make yourself look like ur so awesome, unless of course you post a tutorial on how to make a launcher FOR THIS GAME, other wise ur 'how to use google' tut is useless, and insulting at best, so either put up, or shut up, we are waiting for a tutorial, not a basket of fking stupid.

kthxbye

p.s. sorry to everyone else here but this guy, obviously not only me and him are wanting the tut, other ppl are to, last thing we need is someone to tell us to use google, back on topic now, sorry for the long post, but damn already. . . .
Thanks
6 Users
Old 03/27/2013, 01:32   #15

Quote:
dude, really, he came on here asking for a tutorial, a tutorial on how to make a launcher, using common sense will make one realize he OBVIOUSLY wants it to update the files, what use would a launcher for this game do if it didnt update files exactly???

he didnt ask for a tutorial on how to become a programmer, or how to start an exe, or even how to download files, he simply asked for a tutorial on how to make a launcher, which again obviously he wants to patch files, im sure on other games its awesome to just start the exe, but again, we are on a specific forums arent we? so yeah, i will throw around the 'this game ' argument, cus if u used any of that common sense you speak of it would be obvious what he wants the launcher to do, 'this game' uses launchers that update files via small patches, not alot of other games do that.

granted, u might not be warmonger who hands the noobs (that cant be bothered to look at the post right above theirs for the answer) evrything they ask for to get ass kisses, but ur just as bad, cus ur reply was use google???? let me throw some searches of my own in there:

im sure you see the criteria, doesnt matter how you word it, there is nothing about making a game launcher that will update files for any game with a notice window to populate info in, u can find how to launch an exe, you can find how to update the launcher from other games, you can even see posts about the problems ppl are having with launchers from other games, but literally NOTHING about how to make a launcher that will update files and start the exe, has a notice window, and u can customize with images.

and no genius, i do not know how to make a launcher, i saw this thread and have been watching it, in hopes someone would put together a simple tutorial on how to build a launcher for THIS GAME (i keep saying it, cus apparently you think any ole damned thing will work, for THIS game we are apparently going to want to update files, have a notice window, and customize with images as well, not rocket science to figure out exactly) and then i could learn how to make one as well, but instead when i come back, i see some stupid shit about searching google, well no shit sherlock, but searching google isnt giving us a damned thing we want apparently, cus FOR THIS GAME we want it to do certain things now dont we? do we want it to start an exe and thats all??? well, no of course not, that would be fking retarded, do we want it to just download some files, well, no, again that would be fking retarded, any fking idiot with a forum name, and 4 useless posts could do that, no thats not want we want, a gram of common sense can go a long way here

what we want, like EVERY OTHER CLIENT FOR THIS GAME HAS (ffs, cant beleive i have to break it down for someone so fking smart) is a tutorial on how we can make a launcher, that will start the exe AND it will also allow us to update files AND be able to insert and place a notice window that will call a remote file AND be somewhat customized with button and a background image, preferably files that we can break down into, hmm, lets say, i dunno, 128kb chunks, you know LIKE EVERY OTHER CLIENT FOR THIS GAME DOES, and maybe a window that will allow us to have some kind of notice for the players to read while they are updating that will call a remote file that we can populate as we see fit, kinda like EVERY OTHER FKING CLIENT THIS GAME HAS, and can have some buttons and a image (or 2) somewhat like EVERY OTHER CLIENT THIS GAME HAS. . . do i really need to continue with this? obviously we want it similar to other launchers for this game ffs

the last thing anyone watching this thread needed was some asshat to tell us to use google, like we dont know it fking exists, or we need some expert to show us how to search, what we are watching this thread for, is a fking tutorial, on how to make a launcher, for THIS GAME and all that entails, im sorry if you didnt have the 'common sense' enuff to figure out that he wanted more then just a couple useless ass scripts that dont do even a fraction of what we were APPARENTLY looking for, im sorry it had to be broken down for you on specific needs the launcher, i kinda thought any asshat with common sense would know we obviously wanted it to function the exact same as every other launcher for THIS GAME, cus after all, its posted in THIS GAMEs section, so the functionality for THIS GAME should have been obvious

im not a hypocrite, im watching this thread in hopes of a tutorial, the exact one he speaks of, and you are dicking it up with ignorant and useless comments about searching, it pissed me off to see some stupid crap like that on an otherwise legitimate thread with a legitimate request in the appropriate section of the appropriate forums, it didnt tell the poster anything he wanted or needed to know, it just belittled him in everyway, like he wasnt smart enuff to think to use google, he needed you to tell him that???

so, this will be my last post to you, i will ignore every other feeble and retarded attempt to make yourself look like ur so awesome, unless of course you post a tutorial on how to make a launcher FOR THIS GAME, other wise ur 'how to use google' tut is useless, and insulting at best, so either put up, or shut up, we are waiting for a tutorial, not a basket of fking stupid.

kthxbye

p.s. sorry to everyone else here but this guy, obviously not only me and him are wanting the tut, other ppl are to, last thing we need is someone to tell us to use google, back on topic now, sorry for the long post, but damn already. . . .
I'll skip over all the retarded bs in your post and save everyone another wall of text, since explaining things in text form obviously isn't getting anywhere.

Because you stressed that you want a launcher "FOR THIS GAME" so much, I will put together a short 5-10 10min videos for youtube which show both programming the launcher, adding in the extra stuff that no other server has (settings - in terms of updating the actual settings on the game and not the launcher), ALL OF THIS while keeping it able to be used on any game (ofc with the launching exe name+path being changed), and ill even document the google searches used to do each part (ill be recording the google sessions which produce the code necessary for each part, although I personally don't need to do it for myself I figure doing will prove my point that google is the master key).

Be back in a few days with your series.
Thanks
2 Users