Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Just an idea

Discussion on Just an idea within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs up Just an idea

I don't know if it's in the right section but w.e I'm kinda tired of downloading every single client for all the pserver and I think I'm not the only one.Since everyone have an action 6 client(or any should works too) why don't you just upload the share folder ...Thats the only folder that you edit/edited in.Well it's just an idea
Old 03/19/2009, 23:23   #2

cause some ppl use packed data.pak files ? xD but u are right most ppl use already a6 clients so they need only the share folder , we all need just to add the share folder as DL link and the updatet client for ppl that still dont have the client
Old 03/20/2009, 12:28   #3

ur only using the paked file if u haven't upgraded the original client.
Old 03/20/2009, 15:36   #4

I use Dekaron-rejects client to play Dekaron-Vitality and Dekaron ultra.

all i do is patch it.
Old 03/20/2009, 16:34   #5

Cause some clients are different its not just about the share folders but all the others depending on your updates and configuration...It might depend most of p servers just use the same files+package that they leeched and edited a bit nothing big yet.So yeah you could just switch some files but this would require the hoster to upload some small patch especially of the folder that u need ...for which this would be a waste of time for them.
Old 03/20/2009, 17:38   #6

LeQ why u dont creat a server? All server u had were very great still u lleave dekaron all server sux =.= just ur was one of the best
Old 03/20/2009, 20:47   #7

ohh okay leq i was one of the first player on ur server had every chara divine noble+9 sets/max lvl xD was funny with ur server .... i had a server but someone hacked it-.- now i dont want open again a server
Old 03/20/2009, 21:47   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeQuebecoisqc View Post
Cause some clients are different its not just about the share folders but all the others depending on your updates and configuration...It might depend most of p servers just use the same files+package that they leeched and edited a bit nothing big yet.So yeah you could just switch some files but this would require the hoster to upload some small patch especially of the folder that u need ...for which this would be a waste of time for them.
Waste of time ? just upload the SHARE folder that take less times than uploading the whole client.If their client is special or something no problem but for now everyone use the same or almost.
Old 03/20/2009, 22:38   #9

Sorry but most of hoster are noobs xD anyways there is also texturepack/texture/mesh/script that might differ from each server depending on the updates that they done
Your idea is good I wish people would do this to save your disk hardrive space xD but they are lazy to do so.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/21/2009, 04:50   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeQuebecoisqc View Post
Actualy I alerdy have a server setup/website/forum etc...Well cause these days Im kinda busy with the real life don't have that much time to spent on this until a week. But ill may start hosting something back soon with zag,silk,me and more. Nothing compared to the old ****** server setup that I had Of course it will beat all players attempt and servers in days xD
Put me in that list ;P
Old 03/21/2009, 12:56   #11

Quote:
Actualy I alerdy have a server setup/website/forum etc...Well cause these days Im kinda busy with the real life don't have that much time to spent on this until a week. But ill may start hosting something back soon with zag,silk,me and more. Nothing compared to the old ****** server setup that I had Of course it will beat all players attempt and servers in days xD
That server already beat all and it's not even released
Old 03/21/2009, 15:53   #12

Your the only one in there that could tell us execpt me of course
Old 03/21/2009, 16:50   #13

we are opening a new server next week, with a real action6 server.

Then you can see what server its gonna ownage all.

about the main idea, i dont see the point on share my work, if i cant get the same from another people.
Old 03/21/2009, 17:00   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istel View Post
with all respect, but i dont think your group can beat our dev team.
Becouse we are a dev team, no a group of scripters.

With all the respects you have only 1 post and why don't u post ss of what you did ? Try to get party pvp like LeQ did etc.
Old 03/21/2009, 17:23   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightClub View Post
With all the respects you have only 1 post and why don't u post ss of what you did ? Try to get party pvp like LeQ did etc.
well i can show you that, but you dont preffer see aloken working?
and i dont talking about replace a class, or change some mesh to make look like a aloken. Im talking about have a server with 7 character from the start to the end.

toushe.