Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Customized Launchers

Discussion on Customized Launchers within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Customized Launchers

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in me making a custom launcher for their server?

2 requirements:
1. Your server has unpacked client files (because i dont know the whole pack/unpack methods for the packed files)
2. You give me a skin for the launcher.

Its easy but it takes some time outa my day so id be asking for 10$ for my service which covers the basic skin + updating features (including self updating).

I'm also thinking about allowing "special features" to be asked for at a higher price (things like news feed, etc, etc... its limited to your creativity and my capabilities).
Old 11/04/2012, 14:31   #2

It's pretty easy to do with it Visual Basic, but anyway, good luck.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/04/2012, 14:51   #3

how to make auto update launchers with Vb ?;o
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/04/2012, 16:47   #4

Yes it's easy. Visual Basic Express 2012, i crated last 4 month perfect launcher for my server, How to learn in VB, u should search around the youtube.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/04/2012, 19:33   #5

pfffff..... i allready done it with a real edited launcher with resources hacker and vb 2012 express
Old 11/04/2012, 21:08   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifs2000 View Post
It's pretty easy to do with it Visual Basic, but anyway, good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesorio1u View Post
Yes it's easy. Visual Basic Express 2012, i crated last 4 month perfect launcher for my server, How to learn in VB, u should search around the youtube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLixt View Post
pfffff..... i allready done it with a real edited launcher with resources hacker and vb 2012 express
VB is easy to use yea, thats what my first launcher was in. Thing is that C# is cooler and stuff. No need for resource hacker when you make your own launcher though.

First launcher versions:

Current launcher:

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquer93 View Post
how to make auto update launchers with Vb ?;o
Pretty simple, but this isnt a programming forum lol.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/28/2013, 00:33   #7

lol naw i made the launcher and got almost everything working can't get the readme file to work or the start button to work but got the exit button to work lol and when i cllick on the start button it say's file not found so im thinking im puting in the wrong root to the rappelz file but i know it's in where i say it is b/c always been there

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Rappelz\opie's game") but like i said the opie's game file is a .bat file and not sure if thats the reason why its not working?

the opie's game.bat file is how i connect to a friends rappelz and im trying to make this launcher work
so no one has to use the .bat file
Old 03/28/2013, 13:06   #8

Use current directory file starting process

'Starting Process'
Process.Start (My.Application.Info.DirectoryPath + "\bin\dekaron.exe")
'Starting done'
me.Close()
Old 03/29/2013, 00:05   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesorio1u View Post
Use current directory file starting process

'Starting Process'
Process.Start (My.Application.Info.DirectoryPath + "\bin\dekaron.exe")
'Starting done'
me.Close()
This comment is random and really doesn't belong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot129012 View Post
lol naw i made the launcher and got almost everything working can't get the readme file to work or the start button to work but got the exit button to work lol and when i cllick on the start button it say's file not found so im thinking im puting in the wrong root to the rappelz file but i know it's in where i say it is b/c always been there

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Rappelz\opie's game") but like i said the opie's game file is a .bat file and not sure if thats the reason why its not working?

the opie's game.bat file is how i connect to a friends rappelz and im trying to make this launcher work
so no one has to use the .bat file
Same with this comment.

But to start the batch file it is the same thing as any other file that can execute:
Process.Start("FILE LOCATION.FILE TYPE");
So
Process.Start("C:/Programs/Gamelocation/startup.bat"); <-- We use "/" because "\" denotes an escape character in a string and not a character used in file paths.

Above is for C#, converting to VB/C++ is easy tho since its the same thing but iirc without the ";" at the end of the line.