Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

wMapIndex displays incorrectly

Discussion on wMapIndex displays incorrectly within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
wMapIndex displays incorrectly

Would anyone know why my wMapIndex is showing half incorrectly in the database? Some maps it displays correctly. But say I go to map 39, in the database it says I'm at map 6. I'm not viewing through onlineplayer.php, I'm actually looking in the database. Only reason I noticed this is because I was thinking my onlineplayer.php messed up again but during research it's actually reflecting what is showing in the database.

Ideas?
Old 04/20/2011, 04:16   #2

Are you sure the serverside share folder matches the client one?
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2011, 05:22   #3

Yup, matches exactly.
Old 04/20/2011, 19:16   #4

WOW lol I thought I was the only one that happen to. I would change my wMapIndex to the map i wanted to be in and log in and I was still in the same map, I did this about 5 time and thought **** WTF!!! so i got on my other GM and called the Character to me and that fixed it.
And before you ask, yes I logged out if the game B4 if I changed it server side.
Old 04/20/2011, 20:15   #5

Well, no, if i change my map location in the map, when I log in, I'm in the map that I set it to. That part is good. It's just that I'm in say... map 39 but my db shows 6 and I haven't been in map 6 at all in that session so it's not like db lag or anything. It's just weird.

Just to be sure, I did go and create an auto update to make sure my maplist.csv was the same, so I know that's not the issue. I know I'm missing something and it's probably something really small and silly...
Old 04/20/2011, 20:31   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssherrill View Post
Just to be sure, I did go and create an auto update to make sure my maplist.csv was the same, so I know that's not the issue. I know I'm missing something and it's probably something really small and silly...
lol that always seems to be the case.. I will have to really look into this, hmm
you seem to have done everything I would have done and checked on everything, so I'm going to see if I can make my Test server make that same error.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2011, 20:36   #7

I was trying to look in the SP's to see what updates that info but haven't really had the time today.
Old 04/20/2011, 20:48   #8

Hey did this happen after you did a patch? or has it been doing this and you just noticed?
Old 04/20/2011, 21:09   #9

Client patch? Its been doing this for a couple weeks now. Not really after a patch, I don't believe. If I'm in-game I can do a find and its correct, but still incorrect in the wMapIndex, just weird the db isn't updating correctly. It seems to be the only thing not working right in the tables because I can instantly see when someone logs in or out, just not the map changes.
Old 04/20/2011, 21:55   #10

i dunno if this will help, but the database does not update ur mapindex when u change maps, it only updates char info every 3-10 minutes or when it logs in or logs out, so if u are on map 6, and u goto map 39, the database will still say ur on map 6 for a few minutes or until u log out.

do this, goto map 39, then log off game, then goto the db and run a query on ur char and see if his map has changed to 39.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/21/2011, 01:22   #11

Hmm I would try that but my map 39 is Doom deadfront and I will probably just end up in COF. But I'll try that and see if the db says I'm in 45. Some reason when the db can't determine where you are it either just says 7 or 6 - even if I never went to Parca it will say 6.

And thinking back, this started happening around the time I put in the Anti Gm Hack. Wonder if something messed up when I put that in?