Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > DayZ
You last visited: Today at 00:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Tutorial] How to see invisible OA weapons/vehicles in DayZ

Discussion on [Tutorial] How to see invisible OA weapons/vehicles in DayZ within the DayZ forum part of the Shooter category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Tutorial] How to see invisible OA weapons/vehicles in DayZ

Hi guys, today I'll be showing you how to show your invisible OA weapons and vehicles in DayZ
Example: m110 or the SCAR weapons, or the HMMWV_Armored which doesn't show when you spawn them from your selected menu's in DayZ.

Things you need:
The first thing that you need is PBOView so we can edit your .pbo files. (Also enables right click create PBO)
You can download it at the bottom of this post.

Step 1:
Now that we have PBOView downloaded, extract it to a new folder on your Desktop. It doesn't matter what you name that folder.

Step 2:
Run PboView.exe

Step 3:
Click Open and navigate to "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@dayz\addons". Double click dayz_anim.pbo

Step 4:
Press CTRL + A to extract all. Extract it to a folder of your choice, just don't change the name of the dayz_anim folder.

Lets say this folder is called EnableGuns

Step 5:
Navigate to the dayz_anim folder we just extracted and open it. Double click on the folder CfgBanned.

Step 6:
Here's where we edit the files. I wouldn't advise editing any other files other than CfgVehicles.hpp and CfgWeapons.hpp unless you know what you're doing. Double click CfgWeapons.hpp (Open with notepad or notepad++ if it isn't set to your default). You will notice all weapons in the script.
They look like this:

Code:
//class M4A1_Aim: FakeWeapon {};
//class M4A1_AIM_SD_camo: FakeWeapon {};
//class M4A1_HWS_GL_camo: FakeWeapon {};

As you see in the script, most lines look like this: //class M4A1_HWS_GL_camo: FakeWeapon {};
However, some look like this: class M110_TWS_EP1: FakeWeapon {}; (Notice how the string doesn't have // at the start)

the // at the start of the lines represents the weapons in DayZ that are available. If it doesn't have // then they have been disabled. So, we're going to enable them by adding // to each line that doesn't have it.

Example1 - Before:

Code:
//class M240_veh_MG_Nest: FakeWeapon {};
class M110_TWS_EP1: FakeWeapon {};
class M110_NVG_EP1: FakeWeapon {};
We can already see the M240_veh_MG_Nest in game because it's enabled with //. We want to be able to see the M110_TWS_EP1 and M110_NVG_EP1 too so this is how we would enable them in game.

Example2 - After:

Code:
//class M240_veh_MG_Nest: FakeWeapon {};
//class M110_TWS_EP1: FakeWeapon {};
//class M110_NVG_EP1: FakeWeapon {};
We can now see the M110_TWS_EP1 and M110_NVG_EP1 in game when we spawn them. Do this for every weapon you want to enable in DayZ. Once you're finished just save it. Make sure it saves as the same name: CfgWeapons.hpp

Step 7:
Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@dayz\addons" and make a back up of your dayz_anim.pbo

Drag it to any folder of your choice, just remember where it is in case you need it again. We must do this as the file cannot be overwritten so we simply move it to another location.

Step 8:
Navigate to EnableGuns folder (where our edited .pbo files are). Right click on dayz_anim folder and click Create PBO
Save it to "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@dayz\addons"

We have successfully enabled A2OA guns in DayZ =)

IMPORTANT: Do NOT use this in BattlEye enabled servers as this may get you banned. Play in non BattlEye servers when using this. When you're done just replace dayz_anim.pbo with the backup we made earlier. Enjoy =)
Attached Files
File Type: rar PBOView.rar (191.8 KB, 1 views)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/22/2013, 20:51   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by valtaruz View Post
You got a Thanks for the nice guide.
I could not read it all yet, but it seems to be really nice !
Good job on that, but could you get us a download link for the .exe?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/23/2013, 10:28   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiim View Post
You got a Thanks for the nice guide.
I could not read it all yet, but it seems to be really nice !
Good job on that, but could you get us a download link for the .exe?
Thank you, I appreciate that a lot =)

You mean the PBOView .exe? If so then sure thing, I just have to upload it to rapidshare or something, it's not turning in to a download link when I post it as it's normal download link location. Let me know if that's what you meant.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/23/2013, 13:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by valtaruz View Post
Thank you, I appreciate that a lot =)

You mean the PBOView .exe? If so then sure thing, I just have to upload it to rapidshare or something, it's not turning in to a download link when I post it as it's normal download link location. Let me know if that's what you meant.
Yea thats what I meant.
But I think you can upload it on the epvp thread too, can't you?
Old 08/23/2013, 17:03   #5

Done =) edited the important notice at the bottom too so people don't miss it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/25/2013, 23:02   #6

elite*gold: 76
Received Thanks: 1,442
File seems to be legit - but use at your own risk
Thanks
1 User