Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 07:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[NEED TUTORIAL] P.E.T and Chat system

Discussion on [NEED TUTORIAL] P.E.T and Chat system within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 11/25/2014, 03:09   #31

elite*gold: 182
I've made no announcements regarding work I've been doing for a Private DarkOrbit solution, because I can't be sure whether or not I'll stay dedicated to the project and finish it.

However, I'm going to share some of the stuff that I've been working on.

I've been working on a chat server solution for any of the DO Private Servers out there. It will work completely and will include rooms for each server instance, language instance, and group/outfit instance. Put simply; everything you could ever want in a replicated chat system.

It will include a working version of the actual DO moderator control panel. It's taken me a few weeks to get it functioning even barely, and it does have a few bugs.

I need to further understand the inner workings of the chat system itself before I proceed any further. Given how busy I am, I can't make any promises on a time-frame. This post is just to share what I'm doing.

If you need help with chat system issues, I'm only a PM away.
Old 11/25/2014, 03:17   #32

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActualFate View Post
I've made no announcements regarding work I've been doing for a Private DarkOrbit solution, because I can't be sure whether or not I'll stay dedicated to the project and finish it.

However, I'm going to share some of the stuff that I've been working on.

I've been working on a chat server solution for any of the DO Private Servers out there. It will work completely and will include rooms for each server instance, language instance, and group/outfit instance. Put simply; everything you could ever want in a replicated chat system.

It will include a working version of the actual DO moderator control panel. It's taken me a few weeks to get it functioning even barely, and it does have a few bugs.

I need to further understand the inner workings of the chat system itself before I proceed any further. Given how busy I am, I can't make any promises on a time-frame. This post is just to share what I'm doing.

If you need help with chat system issues, I'm only a PM away.
Images are removed? Please send me them in a PM?

As always,
DarkSkiesDO
Old 11/25/2014, 03:22   #33

My bad, I've fixed the broken links.
Old 11/25/2014, 03:27   #34

elite*gold: 0
HOLY ****! YOU MADE THAT?!

As always,
DarkSkiesDO

Add me on Skype?
Old 11/25/2014, 03:29   #35

You can get the client from the DO servers if you know the URL. The server you need to write on your own, which I've partly done. There's still a lot of work to do but for now you can log in/out and chat in any of the rooms. Pretty much it.
Old 11/25/2014, 19:01   #36

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by insano_ View Post
what is this, I dont change any port
This is an error message. Read it.
You can try to close Skype, it might be using the port 80
Thanks
1 User

Tags
browsergame, darkorbit