Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 14:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Darkorbit private servers and such

Discussion on Darkorbit private servers and such within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Darkorbit private servers and such

Recently I have been seeing private servers pop up left and right...Turkorbit for example or black space or so on and so forth and the only one that seems to be good is: Stellar Legacy, jD's Private Server, and last but not least, Black Galaxy. I have been seeing these orbit legacy remakes pop up everywhere so suddenly and most of the servers are extremely laggy...Also i have been seeing to many DO Remixes...

Heres my suggestion of a good private server. If you want to make a good private server, do what jD is doing, Release either a Very old version of Darkorbit(old ships, lasers, bombs, Instashields, x3 ammo, ETC) or release a 2010 version like jD. the current version of darkorbit is just absolutely horrible...I used to be able to play it no problems but the 2012/2013 versions are laggy as hell for me. I would press ''F'' to check my frames during my laggiest times and it would seem the game doesnt know how to check FPS rates anymore...it would say im running 65 FPS when i can barely move at all...

Anyways guys i strongly reccomend making a private server of the old client darkorbit and i guarantee you will have hundreds maybe even THOUSANDs of players wanting to join that server and play it.

Hell if i could i would be making a Old client server right now...but im not that smart... lol

Regards,

Soniyo
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2013, 18:17   #2

elite*gold: 1
The Black Market: 331/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,200
If someone has the Clientfiles of 2010 pn me

I can try it
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2013, 18:30   #3

Ask jD, Im pretty sure he has the files seeing as how hes making a 2010 version...

Regards,

Soniyo
Old 04/17/2013, 18:31   #4

elite*gold: 1
I have them too I guess, not the 2010, but the Uridium Wars files. Almost the same
Old 04/17/2013, 19:12   #5

elite*gold: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joever11 View Post
I have them too I guess, not the 2010, but the Uridium Wars files. Almost the same
if you have uri wars from requi, it's not enough to create a 2010 server, there are a lot of files missing. i have it, too
Old 04/17/2013, 19:42   #6

elite*gold: 278
Received Thanks: 1,083
Why everyone want´s the old do resource? Nobody knows how to use google?
Old 04/17/2013, 20:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by manulaiko View Post
Why everyone want´s the old do resource? Nobody knows how to use google?
I think everyone knows how to use google, its just they to ignorant and would rather troll people but still i want the old DO because its the absolute best in the world of Darkorbit. That new client and so on and so forth is ****.i dont mind the pilot bio and skylabs but thats as far as ill go.

Regards, Soniyo
Old 04/17/2013, 20:12   #8

Note that turkorbit and those kind of "games" are NOT technically private servers. They're just new games. Really. It actually has nothing to do with "private server".
Creating a real private server like jD and I or deHackerOwnz do is much more difficult, but allows one to use "original" game files. everything else is just fake.
Old 04/17/2013, 22:42   #9

black space is not new it's one year old. the only problem it have is the lag and maybe the graphics
Old 04/17/2013, 22:52   #10

Remaking old Do is a good idea,
But I think we can even do better then old Do.

Stellar-Legacy is maybe not an exact clone but you can find the same fun then in DO in 2007, maybe even more fun ! and the problem with jD private server is that it's illegal and it will finish by being stopped.
And people should stop making orbit legacy clones, especialy when they steal my source code...
Old 04/17/2013, 23:15   #11

The Black Market: 387/2/0
Received Thanks: 3,863
black space is not new! omfg ...
Old 04/18/2013, 06:47   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gueuledange View Post
Remaking old Do is a good idea,
But I think we can even do better then old Do.

Stellar-Legacy is maybe not an exact clone but you can find the same fun then in DO in 2007, maybe even more fun ! and the problem with jD private server is that it's illegal and it will finish by being stopped.
And people should stop making orbit legacy clones, especialy when they steal my source code...
Sure you can do better then old do...but there are some people who just want to go back to the old DO, experience it once again for a while. I miss the old do so much i'd give anything to have it back.

As for the people who repeatedly stated that black space isn't new, i have some news for you.

ITS NEW TO ME!

and i say that as nicely as i can put it. Don't be a hater and just start bashing on me because im not All the way caught up to Current Events.

Also Gueledange, you are so right about that, i kinda hate when people steal others code to make ur game. your orbit legacy however was pretty **** amazing if i may say so myself =)

With Respect and Regards,

Soniyo
Old 04/18/2013, 07:28   #13

If you guys can wait until around the summer, my clan leader who I know very well is actually making a full on game like Darkorbit except he has his own twists. He's not coding it himself. He has about 3 million dollars invested into coding so far, and he has about another 2 million to go. So far he told me he has the maps done, and they are working on the "clans" and NPCs. Beta should be up around mid to late summer. Best thing of all it's not a wallet warrior game. You can play for free or pay $60 a year for a "premium" type thing. And if you like pvp this is what the game will be all about because in Darkorbit he is a hunter not a alien killer.

Thanks~
Old 04/18/2013, 10:17   #14

DarkOrbit Remixes? DarkOrbit Private Server? What a good joke. More likely DarkOrbit copy-makers. Even if you take an ideea and make it better you are still copying. I am sorry but I don't agree with this. And since someone started "remixing" a lot gone after that ideea. And I am sorry to saybut this is pure and natural human bull5h1t. Because 1000 threads open each day. I am just waiting for you people to finish your private rags and see what happends next. Will BP hire you as programmers or sue you? Who knows. And FPS has relevance to local behaviour, meaning that if your FPS is high most of the time then you have a good PC configuration. FPS doesn't have any connection with the bandwidth between you and the game server. 65 FPS??? My godddd!!!! Do you really have more than 8 cores CPU, 16 GB RAM at 1866 FSB and an SSD? People investing 5 million dollars in DO copies? Anyway.... it's been a joy. To read this stupid kid dreams.