Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Charles program

Discussion on Charles program within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Charles program

Hello, I just wanted to know what charles program was because i hear many people talking about it and i dont know what it is.
Old 07/21/2011, 18:08   #2

elite*gold: 120
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/21/2011, 18:09   #3

elite*gold: 20
HTTP Program; Long story short is; It lets you review HTTP traffic,

Rather written some long text, I'll just say Charlie is a packet sniffer, and to read more about those, Visit the wiki at: Packet analyzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

regards
Tw
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/21/2011, 18:10   #4

Which mens that you can change the info sent to the DO server or is it useless for this game?
Old 07/21/2011, 18:14   #5

elite*gold: 20
Well?....

You can change packets if you want, edit packets, create packets, etc.... and have them sent to the DO servers, But DO servers check the packets to ensure they're correct, and do other types of checks on what is sent to/from their servers. For the most part, Its kind of useless if you're wanting to /bug the game/, every now and again a bug is found, and Charlie is easy to use to replicate the bug (such as a few of the old old bugs).

As you can imagine, Most games/servers, etc validate packets, so it isn't super super easy to inject fake data and such, Go download it, and have a play about with it, you got nothing to lose, but if you had to ask what Charlie is; the odds are, you've got nothing to gain as-well other than a little experience.

regards
Tw

Edit:
I'd imagine DO /may/ log false/dodgy packets, So if you're playing about, maybe an idea is to test while logged into a nub account. Lol

Edit 2:
Ohh, you' should readup on base64 also
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/21/2011, 18:16   #6

Ok thanks alot