It was time for the next generation Xbox to be unveiled by Microsoft at the Xbox Campus in Redmond, Washington.
Live Event Updates:
- Xbox Reveal stream has started.
- Don Mattrick takes the stage.
- Don talks about Xbox history.
- Introducing "Xbox One"
- Yusuf Mehdi takes the stage.
- Xbox "One" - All in one experience.
- "Xbox On" turns on your Xbox.
- New Xbox interface/dashboard.
- New area "trending" on dashboard.
- "voice" is a big part.
- New feature "instant switching" to easily change between Gaming > TV > Music etc... by using voice commands/gestures.
- Cool new gestures.
- Xbox now has "snap mode" - run multiple programs next to each other.
- More phone integration with Xbox One.
- Skype on Xbox One has group video calls.
- Yusuf uses Skype in snap mode while watching a movie.
- "Xbox One Guide" - a TV guide on your Xbox.
- Favourite your TV shows to keep up with all your shows via Xbox One Guide.
- Marc Whitten takes the stage.
- Talks about the actual console. "Under the hood"
- Elegant console.
- 8GB Ram.
- 5 Billion Transistors.
- 500GB HDD
- New re-designed Kinect Sensor with every Xbox One.
- Games and apps to bring new experiences.
- New sleek controller. Similar design. More than 40 design innovations. The controller you love, but better.
- Newly designed D-Pad.
- Your smart device will be native with Xbox One.
- CONTROLLER LOOKS AWESOME.
- New 'Xbox LIVE" - More powerful and more personal.
- Xbox LIVE now has 300,000 servers for Xbox One.
- Your content is stored in the cloud. Access your saves, anywhere!
- Xbox One has a native DVR.
- Bigger matches with more players are now possible.
- Andrew Wilson takes the stage from EA.
- EA unveils their all new game-engine " EA Sports Ignite"
- True player motion.
- Human intelligence.
- More calculations per second, more vision.
- 10x more depth and detail.
- Daily stream of new content that impacts play.
- Andrew shows video of upcoming EA Sports games using the new engine "Ignite" - FIFA, Madden, UFC and NBA.
- Phil Spencer takes the stage - head of Microsoft Studios.
- Phil shows Forza Motorsport 5 on Xbox One.
- Forza Motorsport 5 will be available at launch.
- Quantum Break by Remedy announced.
- Microsoft is investing more in studios around the world.
- 15 exclusive Xbox games in the first year.
- Nancy Tellem takes the stage.
- TV on Xbox will immersive you.
- Personalised. TV on Xbox will become social.
- Bonny Ross takes the stage - head of 343 Industries.
- Live action Halo TV series announced. Exclusive on Xbox. - By Steven Spielberg.
- Halo, The Television Series.
- Xbox will be your home for sports.
- Xbox announces a partnership with NFL.
- Xbox will have exclusive content for NFL.
- Live broadcasts and fantasy league stats using snap mode.
- Don Mattrick tages the stage for a second time.
- Xbox One releases "later this year"
- The next chapter will be at the E3 Expo.
- Call of Duty DLC will launch FIRST on Xbox One. (Hahah PS4)
- Eric Hirshberg takes the stage.
- Eric talks about the new Call of Duty before the Ghosts trailer.
- Call of Duty has a new engine.
- Brand new characters, brand new world.
- New Story for Ghosts.
- Small documentary about the new Call of Duty game. Tells you more about CoD: Ghosts.
- Dogs will be apart of your squad in campaign.
- Multiplayer revamped. - Dynamic maps. Floods, player diven actions. etc.
- Character customisation. Change what you look like.
- the "best CoD game ever made"
- Eric shows a side by side comparison of Ghosts and other CoD titles.
- The world premiere of CoD: Ghosts is shown.
- The press conference is now over.
Microsoft confirmed there is no "always-online"
- "No, you don't always have to be connected," Xbox boss Don Mattrick said on Spike TV. "Gamers can calm down; we've got you covered."
Microsoft confirmed that Gamerscore, your gamertag and avatar can be ported to Xbox One.
Xbox One will not function without Kinect attached.
The Xbox One's 50GB Blu-ray discs will automatically rip to your 500GB HDD. "With Xbox One, you can start playing immediately as games install. And updates install seamlessly in the background, so your games and entertainment won't be interrupted."
Xbox One will have a 1,000 person friends cap.
Skype will be the main communication system on Xbox One?
SOME HQ PICS :