Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE]How to use and install edits

Discussion on [GUIDE]How to use and install edits within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[GUIDE]How to use and install edits

Since I'm probably going to be posting a lot of edits on here, I may as well write a guide to using them!
Here it goes:

Basically, a client edit is client sided, which means only the person who has the edit in his client folder can see it. No one else will know if you have a client edit or not. An edit is basically changing the .dds files in your conquer folders of effects or textures of anything in the game.

There are a few different types of edits:

Textures - The base look of weapons, armors, and garments.

Effects - Spells, skills, super weapon glows, and any other effects.

Interface - Basically the HUD on your Conquer client. All of the buttons, chat boxes, your inventory, EVERYTHING of that sort.

Ok, now that we know that, lets get to installing them.

1) To install effects, you must put them in the c3 > effect folder in your client. Effects are different than the other types, because you cant just have the edited file, but you have to have it in the correct folder also. So lets use an example. You want to download a cool glow for your level 130 Super Buried Blade. It comes in the blade folder, which is located in c3 > effects. There are 2 ways to install the effect. You can either drag the entire blade folder containing your edit and paste in into your main conquer client c3 > effect folder. OR you can just copy the edited files, and not the folder, and paste it into the c3 > effect > blade > 410335 folder. (the 410335 folder is the folder made specifically for the level 130 super blade; there is about 12 folders in the c3 > effect > blade folder for different high level weapons.) I think you understand that.

2) Installing textures is easier. Each texture is made up of just 1 file, and you can just place that in your c3 > texture folder and replace the older one with the edited one. Then you are done!

3) There aren't many interface edits out there. Still, you may need this. Installing an interface is pretty simple. The interface comes in the client > data folder. (By saying client > data, I mean that data is in the main client folder, no sub folders.) You just drag the edited data folder into your main conquer client folder and just replace the old data folder with the new one. Simple!

Remember to always restart any existing clients after installing your edits. If you don't they won't work!

Good luck and just leave a post here or PM me if you need any help at all. I know where just about any edit will go, so don't be afraid to ask me!
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/26/2010, 17:27   #2

how is the meteor file called? i want to change the ****** mets
Old 03/28/2010, 13:13   #3

Tbh, wouldn't be better to add small sub-section for interface edits guide? o.o
Old 03/29/2010, 08:40   #4

thx men ... good
Old 03/31/2010, 08:47   #5

nice work bro keep up the good work
Old 05/13/2010, 20:30   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDivideByZero View Post
Tbh, wouldn't be better to add small sub-section for interface edits guide? o.o
Prolly thinks he's special because he knows how to mod....

Like the other rest of the 100000 of us. I wont even bother reading this waste of a guide. Basicly, you need a dds thumbnail viewer and a wdfbatcher. Then you need either gimp or photoshop with a dds plugin, and you're set. all stuff is in data and c3. everything is basicly labeled, so its idiot proof. You don't need someone to tell you effect folder = effects.